• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Smowz

Lt. General
12 Badges
Apr 3, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Stellaris
Alea iacta est: A Monday MP Rome campaign at 1900 CEST

Alea iacta est

soldiers.jpg

Game finished and completed!!!

The die is indeed to be cast, it is time to throw off the shackles of those monday night blues and join me in a Monday evening campaign.

Start date: Monday 28th April

Start Time: 1900 CEST (Central European Summer Time)
1800 BST (British summer time)
1700 GMT (Greenwich mean time)
1300 EST (Eastern standard time)

Host: Provisionally, myself Smowz

We started at 474 AVC
Session 1: 474 AVC - > 501 AVC
Session 2: 501 AVC - > 523 AVC
Session 3: 523 AVC - > 549 AVC
Session 4: 549 AVC - > 575 AVC
Session 5: 575 AVC - > 576 AVC
Session 6: 576 AVC - > 607 AVC
Session 7: 607 AVC - > 636 AVC
Session 8: 636 AVC - > 655 AVC
Session 9: 655 AVC - > 665 AVC
Session 10: 665 AVC - > 686 AVC
Session 11: 686 AVC - > 731 AVC : The struggle was over

Roster:

Rome: Walshy
Egypt: Strono
Seleucid Empire: Smowz
Macedonia: Dues Irae
Carthage: Zimfan
Bosphurus Kingdom: Khul Drogo

Several sessions have been played and as such nations are limited. Co-op play is desired in all major nations.

Starting Map circa 474 AVC:

beginningmap.jpg

(yes i know i screwed Bosphorus up but you get the idea)

and the map in 501 AVC:

AEI1501.jpg

and the map in 523 AVC:

AEI1523.jpg

and the map in 549 AVC:

AEI1549.jpg

and the map 575 AVC (more professionally done!!!)

aei575.jpg

and the map 607 AVC

rome_map_2.jpg

and the map in 636 AVC

rome_map_3.jpg

and the map in 655 AVC

rome_map_4.jpg

and the map in 686 AVC

rome_map_5.jpg

endgame screenie

rome_16.jpg

Mod: We previously used Zakus research and civil war modification, however the release of the 1.2 patch has superceded that and as such we have moved onto that.

The current save is below:

Attachments

• Aleu Iacta Est (endsave).rar
    1,4 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Count me in. Lemme play Egypt(Rome and Carthage are the secoundary choises for me)

EDIT: Is this going start at 474avc?

Last edited:
Wow quick responses guys :).

Well tentatively placing you in now!!!

Argh, I would love to join you guys but the time confilcts with me every Monday except for tomorrow. If you guys would let me, I would like to play one of the greek minors tomorrow, then either someone else could take my spot, or it could be AI controlled afterwards, though if you guys don't want me doing that i understand. I'll be on ICQ a little before the game starts so just message me if you can use me.
# is 401019593

Zaku: Very well you can be Egypt - lets see if we can sort out who deserves Syria after all!!! Lets play 474 one more time before we get original with the dates. I have fast forward it on, and it gets more lop sided toward nations like Rome and Egypt as time goes on.

Varam: We are each working our way through the nations, I see. You want the purring powerhouse of Carthage very well sir!!!

Deus Irae: A master of macedon, good luck there.

Outcast: will be nice to see you tomorrow - we shall see if we have anything available I have noticed on other threads that ppl show up on it after the first session so I hope we can put you where-ever is necessary.

Jorian: Your taste for the different always baffles me. Cappadocia, well they appear at 499 AVC and stay a one province minor in Anatolia for some time besides i really would like to fit one more game in at 474 AVC before moving on to look at other dates.

Sparta or Pergamon. Well it is your choice. I will provisionally put you as either and then we shall see what players around you think.

Skinner: well if you are going to be Gallic, I recommend Parisii, barbarians will be your worst enemy here and a spanish minor may be better. But tbh i would actually recommend one of the guys on the Black sea - Armenia, Pontus or Bosphurus (hell even Cochlis or Rhozannia). I will temporarily put you in the Gallic nation spot.

There is an other civil war spam event, we may want to get rid of this one too (in the mercs.txt)

country_event = {

id = 9004

is_triggered_only = yes

title = "EVTNAME9004"
desc = "EVTDESC9004"

option = {

name = "EVTOPTA9004"
from = {
merc_heavy_infantry = THIS
merc_heavy_infantry = FROM
merc_archers = THIS
merc_cavalry = THIS
}
}
}

Also, there was an issue in my first mod, where the spam event would fire, but you don't get free troops. Now it will not fire at all. I tested it but you guys check it out too, maybe I missed something.
Checksum now: ONRS

Attachments

• research+civil war_V2.zip
    102,7 KB · Views: 35
Smowz said:
Zaku: Very well you can be Egypt - lets see if we can sort out who deserves Syria after all!!! Lets play 474 one more time before we get original with the dates. I have fast forward it on, and it gets more lop sided toward nations like Rome and Egypt as time goes on.

I'm looking forward to it mister :)

Jorian: Your taste for the different always baffles me. Cappadocia, well they appear at 499 AVC and stay a one province minor in Anatolia for some time

It must be the Hungarian bloodline. We are quite masochistic. :rofl:

Skinner: well if you are going to be Gallic, I recommend Parisii, barbarians will be your worst enemy here and a spanish minor may be better. But tbh i would actually recommend one of the guys on the Black sea - Armenia, Pontus or Bosphurus (hell even Cochlis or Rhozannia).

The spanish 2 prov barbarian nation is quite good.(at least if Carthage doesn't want to kill you instantly) I forgot their name, they have acces to sea in each of their starting provinces, so they can civilise via trade quite fast.

Last edited:
As I have already discussed with Jorian, I technically have no objections to a Spartan ally. However, I would like to see more important factions such as Pontus and Armenia (and Rome!) be occupied first before we start allocating players to one-province Greek minors.

Also, I wouldn't mind switching to Roma if needed.

Smowz said:
Jorian: Your taste for the different always baffles me.
thank you very much :p

Smowz said:
Cappadocia, well they appear at 499 AVC and stay a one province minor in Anatolia for some time besides i really would like to fit one more game in at 474 AVC before moving on to look at other dates.

Zaku said:
It must be the Hungarian bloodline. We are quite masochistic. :rofl:
actually this one was a choice of me because i play Vampire: Dark Ages ...

Smowz said:
Sparta or Pergamon. Well it is your choice. I will provisionally put you as either and then we shall see what players around you think.
Ave Smowz!

Jorian minor (Sparta/Pergamon): Jorian
wow, i got my own nation pick line in MP, i wonder when a player will ask the first time to play a 'jorianic minor' :rofl:

Sirrus said:
I can play Rome if it's still open. If not I can just take what's left

Indeed it is, consider yourself assigned to Rome :)

Now hopefully we can get a few more players for the sugar coatings around the black sea :)

well, as it seems this means we will have the first time in Rome - MP a spartan player, in my humble personification :p

this will be the flag i use, it is more historical and definetly less pixelized than the vanilla one:

spakb2.png

if you wish to replace vanilla ones permanently for this, then here is the Civil War faction flag too:

sp2rb7.png

TAG for Sparta is SPA, for civil war rebels SP2 :)

Totally offtopic: Just noticed that both Zaku and Jorian are hungarians, as i am. I just find it unusual to find two co-nationals in a game that apparently, quite few people play in MP. :)

Btw. i would join, but i can't concentrate on this many games, unfortunately. Although the kingdom of Bosphorus doesn't sound bad, nor the Lusitani...eh.

Khal Drogo said:
Totally offtopic: Just noticed that both Zaku and Jorian are hungarians, as i am. I just find it unusual to find two co-nationals in a game that apparently, quite few people play in MP. :)

Btw. i would join, but i can't concentrate on this many games, unfortunately. Although the kingdom of Bosphorus doesn't sound bad, nor the Lusitani...eh.

What surprises me further is the few players 'brave' enough to play MP in Rome.

Anyway, if you could show this evening that would be great, looks like we are a little light on players... but i am still hopeful :).

Skinner, outcast: thanks for letting us know