• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So I did a little test mod. Replacing 07_portraits_human.txt was almost enough. For some reason the male part of _human_portrait_entities.asset was commented out, once that was reverted it seems to work. I haven't tested it thoroughly or anything but the leader screen in Empire creation worked and starting a game as CoM and both Leaders and Pop portraits work.

I think it's unlikely that they'd point events at the specific assets rather than the portrait, I'm not even sure it's possible. Anything that pointed to the human portraits before should still do so it just loads different assets.
ps: could you send the new 07 portraits human.txt to make sure that the simultaneous addition of both sets would work correctly?

in any case, I will give you the original 07_portraits_human.txt file to avoid any possible errors.
No need. I temporarily reverted and got it.

ps: could you send the new 07 portraits human.txt to make sure that the simultaneous addition of both sets would work correctly?
Attached it to the post

Attachments

• 07_portraits_human.txt
    9,7 KB · Views: 0
As I suspected, the key of the set is the same as the previous one, for that reason it is replacing the old models with the new ones. As I said, just make a copy of this file with the name slightly changed, add the syntax "new_" to the key of the set and finally add it to the list of humanoid species in spacies_classes.
No need. I temporarily reverted and got it.

Attached it to the post
IMG_20220513_113408.jpg

As I suspected, the key of the set is the same as the previous one, for that reason it is replacing the old models with the new ones.
Oh, that was pretty much what I was trying to do. And I believe I got it to work. Now I'm making what you're talking about. It mostly works thus far.

it should be as follows
07_portraits_human.txt (for original humans)
07_portraits_new_human.txt (for new humans. This is the file you should change the set key to "new_human")

In the list of humanoid species they should appear
Portraits = {
"human"
"new_human"

This way all the game's predefined events related to humans should use the old set instead of the new one.

Is it possible to replace them without disabling achievements and MP?
could be, but it would probably require using the new humans for all events involving humans, leaving the originals as a secondary option, probably even maybe they should be added outside the "humanoids" category so as not to have to modify any current files of the match.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I have now made three versions of this mod.

The first version is in the post above and replaces the new human portraits with the old. This should be achievements compatible, don't know about MP as I've never played MP.

The next version re-adds the old human portraits as a new portrait. The stock human empires should use the new portraits but you can shoose the old ones if you like

The last version does what @Yurichenko was aiming at. The new portraits are available to choose but stock empires use the old ones

• 2Like
Reactions:
I have now made three versions of this mod.

The first version is in the post above and replaces the new human portraits with the old. This should be achievements compatible, don't know about MP as I've never played MP.

The next version re-adds the old human portraits as a new portrait. The stock human empires should use the new portraits but you can shoose the old ones if you like

The last version does what @Yurichenko was aiming at. The new portraits are available to choose but stock empires use the old ones
@Peko? Great joob

:D As soon as I figure out how I'll add thumbnails. Looks like I have to update the mods to do that and having a grand total of 3 hours of experience it might take some time to figure out how I actually do that.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
VUmzq32.gif
to the User Mods subforum.

VUmzq32.gif
to the User Mods subforum.
I am actually not quite sure if this move is a good idea.
The base point of this thread still remains that a change has been made that apparently is quite controversial in addition to the fact that government title naming is not working anymore as they used to.

• 1Like
Reactions: