• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I agree. A lot of the specialties (swordsmen for Shimazu, archers for Chosokabe) were only included for the sake of diversifying gameplay. I guess in general, I'd like to see diversity between clans and cultures, but I'd like for most of that diversity to come from things like laws, decisions, the ruler's traits and the natural resources of their territory. I.e., the Takeda clan used cavalry extensively because they controlled excellent horse-breeding grounds in Shinano. Realistically speaking, nothing should stop any other clan in control of that area from fielding cavalry that's just as numerous and effective, and for that matter daimyo could have invested considerably in building up a strong horse-producing region in other provinces. I'd like to see specialization like that, where clans specialize in order to make use of their natural advantages, not like the Shogun 2 system where some clans are just better at certain things for no real reason.

I agree. I have already few thought about certain area. F.e. the foot soldiers from Western Chubu (Owari, Mino and Ise) were known as their weakness, but on the other hand, Oda Nobunaga from this region mobilized always more army than his enemy, so we can add special buildings which increase recruiting size.
I don't know much about some other regions, but maybe we can make military diversity with morale and army size (also some ship bonus for western Chugoku and Shikoku provinces where we know the activity of naval factions).

Some local trade goods such as gold mine should be in game too. Magnate Lords Mod comes in my mind, but it is bit complicated for the first stage of this mod.

I'm really looking forward to this, provided that it won't make you neglect the development of the MIH mod for Sengoku.
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, etc... :)

Why shouldn't have Japanese golden hair (although they should have a small nose)?

c4cd666d.jpg

But don't worry, We will give you some options (silhouette, Mongols or Anime portraits as my MIH Mod).

Last edited:
Why shouldn't have Japanese golden hair (although they should have a small nose)?

c4cd666d.jpg

But don't worry, We will give you some options (silhouette, Mongols or Anime portraits as my MIH Mod).

Yeah, as I said, as unsuitable as Mongol faces are (near offensive, if suggested to be 'the same') they are a lot better looking than pasty Euro-faces!

Yeah, as I said, as unsuitable as Mongol faces are (near offensive, if suggested to be 'the same') they are a lot better looking than pasty Euro-faces!

Don't worry, I won't call anyone suggesting this as "racist". Although the mongol face don't appeal me just as the European ones don't. Another problem is the Mongol faces are DLC, so not everyone owns this face pack. That's why we can't use them as the standard one.

Wasn't CrackedToothGrin working on some East Asian faces?

Wasn't CrackedToothGrin working on some East Asian faces?

Actually he is, but I think it will come after he has remade Vanilla cultures. So it would be a miracle if his East Asian set appears before this autumn, although I believe it would be a great work.:) Not to mention that he, or we have to research historical Japanese clothes if we want to use these Asian faces for this mod.

Our project is developing slowly. Now we have most clans in the southern Kyushu including the Shimazu Clan.
The Shimazu Clan hold the Shugo title of Satsuma, Osumi and Hyuga, but in 1534, the clan was heavily divided. Shimazu Katsuhisa had gave the Shugo title to Shimazu Takahisa in 1526 who was the father of the four famous Shimazu brothers (Yoshihisa, Yoshihiro, Toshihisa and Iehisa), but Shimazu Sanehisa was objecting this succession, and Katsuhisa kept some influence even after the succession. It is the situation of Satsuma, the home land of the Shimazu clan. Other provinces such as Osumi and Hyuga were dominated by local clans like the Kimotsuki or Ito.

This Mod represents this chaothic situation with some precise family trees!

shimazuclan.png

I'm glad to see how far the project's come :) Out of curiosity, how is succession going to be handled?

I'm glad to see how far the project's come :) Out of curiosity, how is succession going to be handled?

Currently, all clans use the agnatic-primogeniture rule. In future, I would see some adaption mechanic.

is it possible to use the ruler designer in this one? i hope you will make it possible :] and include the Mons you created for the CoA/mons, i'd seriously not use the ruler designer in this mod if you did not do this xD

I haven't tested yet, but you can use ruler designer in other mods, I think.

If the designer reflects modded CoAs, you can choose Japanese mons since I have added a few.

Sorry, if I have not been active. Been in out of the hospital for cancer treatment. I finished a detailed family tree of some historical families, was working on some traits I thought would be a good addition to this mod, and was working on some flavor events before my work was interrupted. I will send it too you when I get better.

How the political mechanic going come into play where feudal lord give lips serves to emperor, use him/try to take kyoto, as for legitimacy of action?

I think it isn't impossible for players to offer the Emperor loyalty and be vassalied under his majesty.

Sorry, if I have not been active. Been in out of the hospital for cancer treatment. I finished a detailed family tree of some historical families, was working on some traits I thought would be a good addition to this mod, and was working on some flavor events before my work was interrupted. I will send it too you when I get better.

No problem. We have enough time and we would like to know events and traits what you think about before implementation.
But, please take care of yourself at first!

The traits I was working on were those that indicated societal status like commoner, samurai, eta, descendant of the past powerful clans etc. I thought since this period was the greatest time for social mobility in Japanese culture, I would create events and traits that would for instance create a clash between a upstart commoner, and the old samurai families.
Here are the traits that I finished and coded

Commoner
Relationship penalties to traditional minded characters, slight bonuses to ashigaru units, have chance to peacefully disband peasant rebellions.
Samurai
Bonuses to samurai units, slight relationship benefits to traditionalist, slight bonus to martial
Traditionalist
Severe relationship penalties to occidentalist, bonus to piety, boost to morale
Occidentalist
Good relationship bonuses to Jesuits, bonus to learning, more likely to become christian, more likely to get events with European powers.
Descendant of a former Japanese great clan (name will be changed to something like Soga,Fujiwara, Minamoto etc)
Bonus to prestige, more likely to have events with emperor or shogun, bonus to diplomacy
Jesuit
Bonus to learning and diplomacy
Arquebus commander
Bonus to arquebus uints
Weapon expertise i.e naginata,katana,yumi (for bonuses in dueling)
Bonus to martial, bonus for dueling, bonus to prestige.

Some event chains I was working on was first contact with Europeans, rise of Japanese Catholicism, and court intrigues disputing status.

The traits I was working on were those that indicated societal status like commoner, samurai, eta, descendant of the past powerful clans etc. I thought since this period was the greatest time for social mobility in Japanese culture, I would create events and traits that would for instance create a clash between a upstart commoner, and the old samurai families.
Here are the traits that I finished and coded

Commoner
Relationship penalties to traditional minded characters, slight bonuses to ashigaru units, have chance to peacefully disband peasant rebellions.
Samurai
Bonuses to samurai units, slight relationship benefits to traditionalist, slight bonus to martial
Traditionalist
Severe relationship penalties to occidentalist, bonus to piety, boost to morale
Occidentalist
Good relationship bonuses to Jesuits, bonus to learning, more likely to become christian, more likely to get events with European powers.
Descendant of a former Japanese great clan (name will be changed to something like Soga,Fujiwara, Minamoto etc)
Bonus to prestige, more likely to have events with emperor or shogun, bonus to diplomacy
Jesuit
Bonus to learning and diplomacy
Arquebus commander
Bonus to arquebus uints
Weapon expertise i.e naginata,katana,yumi (for bonuses in dueling)
Bonus to martial, bonus for dueling, bonus to prestige.

Some event chains I was working on was first contact with Europeans, rise of Japanese Catholicism, and court intrigues disputing status.

Well, almost all characters in this mod are more or less Samurai and if you imagine few skillful soldiers, there is another trait called "Brave", so maybe we should add Aristocrat Trait including Imperial Family instead of Samurai? Otherwise it looks fine, and the contact events with Westerners are one of the "musts" for this mod!