• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

What you have to do is go through the country file and change the codes for army (circled above).

For example, Bavaria has its own sprites (at least for two levels), so you should change 'GER' into 'BAY' Meanwhile, I've split up the minor states into German (GER), Italian (ITA), Western (HEL) and Eastern (HUN). Bearn is in Western Europe, so you should change 'MIN' into 'HEL'.

I'm not familiar with Plvs Vltra, so I didn't make a country file for that mod. I'll probably do so at some time, but I'm quite busy at the moment with other things.

Thanks

What are all your codes and what areas/nations do they represent?

example ...Does BAY mean only Bavaria or southern German states

^I would like to know this too. It also appears that there are discrepancies in the "navy" values between Watkabaoi and PV, but since I don't think you touched ship models, I'll leave them alone.

Lord Vamp,

If you do make a file for Plvs Vltra, please upload it on the forum so that other people can use it. You could either give me a link to the file-sharing site, and I'll include it with the others on this thread (giving you full credit for it, of course), or you could post it on your own thread, and I'll direct people towards that.

Sure, I can do that. Or Toio, if he finishes before I do... there are a lot of countries to change!

Just as a heads-up, your Colorscales mod for vanilla/AGCEEP also works with PV (since there is no colorscales_political.txt in the PV folder).

I love all the work you've done though, great job.

Last edited:
Okay, just finished. Didn't take as long as I thought it would.

Here is the countries.txt file for Plvs Vltra, just drop it into For the Glory/Mods/Plvs_Vltra/Db, overwrite the old version, and you will be all set.

View attachment countries.txt

Chicken Spadge- feel free to add this to the first post, upload it on a file-sharing site, or whatever!

Okay, just finished. Didn't take as long as I thought it would.

Here is the countries.txt file for Plvs Vltra, just drop it into For the Glory/Mods/Plvs_Vltra/Db, overwrite the old version, and you will be all set.

View attachment 87548

Chicken Spadge- feel free to add this to the first post, upload it on a file-sharing site, or whatever!

Just had a look at it - good work, thanks a lot!

This gets the official Chicken Spadge seal of approval!

I'll add it to the first post later today.

Thanks

What are all your codes and what areas/nations do they represent?

example ...Does BAY mean only Bavaria or southern German states

I'll still provide this, if you don't mind waiting until tomorrow.

Just a minor question/nitpicking, Spadge: don't you think that BYZ level 1 sprites look too much akin to ancient Roman legionnaires?

Well, maybe. Here is where I got them from. They were the only Byzantine units I could find.

I suppose I should have used the later medieval swordsman, but it's got those very Roman-looking leather bits as well (only yellow instead of red), and I liked the high medieval one more!

I'm afraid that aesthetics has sometimes taken precedence over accuracy! Perhaps I'll load up some alternative units in the future, but those window adjustments must come first!

Well, it's your choice actually so you're the one who's got the last word. At all events, they aren't bad at all! It's just that it seem a bit... too early.

Anyway, after taking a look at that link, I'd like to ask you: would it be possible for you to make some Kataphraktoi for the Bizzies as well (instead of infantry)? Now that would really make them sort of unique.

OK, as requested here's a list of all the codes used for the armies in the sprite pack:

AZT - Central and South America
BAN - Rest of Africa (Central and Southern)
BAY - Bavaria
BEI - Malays and Indonesia
BEN - Western Africa, (Benin, etc)
BOH - Bohemia
BUR - Burgundy
BYZ - Byzantium and other Greeks
CAN - Other Anatolian Turks (Candar, Karaman, etc)
CHI - China
CYP - Mediterranean Knight Orders (Cyprus, Order of St. John, etc)
DAI - South East Asia
DAN - Denmark
ENG - England/GB
ETH - Horn of Africa (Ethiopia, etc)
FLA - Low Countries (Brabant, Zeeland, etc)
FRA - France
GEN - Genoa
GER - German Minor States (all German states apart from Prussia, Saxony and Bavaria)
HAB - Austria
HEL - Western European Minor States
HOL - Netherlands
HUN - Eastern European Minor States
ITA - Italian Minor States and Italy
KOR - Korea
MIN - Disused
MOG - India
MUS - Arabs
NAP - Naples
NIP - Japan
OHI - North America
PAP - Papal States
POL - Poland
POR - Portugal
PRU - Tuetonic Knights and Prussia
REB - Rebels
RUS - Russian States (Muscovy, Novgorod, etc) and Russia
SAC - Saxony
SAV - Savoy
SCO - Scotland
SPA - Spain
STE - Mongols
SWE - Sweden
TIM - Western Asia (Timurids, Persia, etc)
TUR - Ottomans
VEN - Venice

In the first post you will now find a new version of the sprite pack in which the sprites are correctly positioned in the combat and re-organisation screens. Please read the instructions before downloading.

Last edited:
You are unbelievable. This is awesome! I've been hoping for something like this for years, Chicken Spadge (i know it's a bit over the top ;). For the Glory is actually my fav Paradox game. Thanks so much.

Wow!!The sprites you converted are so great!! much better than I converted.

Could you please converted this unit sprite? it is my favourite sprite.http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=103926

OK zweihander, here he is!

Unfortunately, I couldn't position the sprite better in the combat screen because of the figure's size and the way he swings that sword.

I decided to change that strange cyan colour used for the feather and replace it with green.

Here's a download link. I've labelled the sprite as German Level 1, 'T-ARMY C-GER A-FIRE D-NE L-1' etc.
Drop the download straight into your For the Glory folder and overwrite. You can do this with both the original sprite pack and my version.

Anyway, after taking a look at that link, I'd like to ask you: would it be possible for you to make some Kataphraktoi for the Bizzies as well (instead of infantry)? Now that would really make them sort of unique.

Now your turn, Titan79!

Download link

It's Byzantium Level 1, of course. Again, just drop it into your For the Glory folder and overwrite. This will also work with both the original sprite pack and my version.

Now your turn, Titan79!

It's Byzantium Level 1, of course. Again, just drop it into your For the Glory folder and overwrite. This will also work with both the original sprite pack and my version.[/QUOTE]
:o

Simply amazing... I've just tested them in game and they look fantastic.

Thank you so much!!! And big congratulations on your modding skills :)

Hey the Spadgy Man, I finally got to install those sprites (thou game was loading for quite a while first time), and bloody hell, this is one lovely pack you got here ;)

But I hath two questionnes you see:

1.) Would it be possible to also create specific country file for A4K mod? We could do it ourselves? Of course we could...but there are so many other things at hands we won't get to it anytime soon :(

2.) Now that it looks like you can convert sprites other people ask for...is there any Winged Hussar sprite that you could convert? Now that would overjoy my little Polish soul, I could finally conquer Moscow with style...any chance? ;)

Overall superb work, ChickenSpadge!

I hope you take requests because I want to pester you with some::glare:

Scotland:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=314504

A full set for all four levels would be nice. And please replace that silly clansman with that gun-wielding guy. Maybe add a British Highlander infantry man as lvl 4.

Burgundy:

Lvl 2: Burgundian soldier with handgun
http://www.divshare.com/img/12010847-c4a

Mamluks/Egypt:

A four level pack from those;
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=492669

Lvl 3: I think he's Dutch
http://www.divshare.com/img/12010832-52f (5th model)

Lvl 4: Another Dutchie
http://www.divshare.com/img/12010837-d71 (5th model)

Hmm! I might have guessed that doing those two sprites would be like opening Pandora's box!

I'm doing the country file for A4K, but it's slightly tricky when the countries are written in Dutch!

I need to know how you have named (or even better, the country codes for) the following in the country file, because I can't find them: Gowa and Myanmar

As for the sprites, you'll have to wait a bit for those because I'm working on something else at the moment.

The Level 3 Dutch sprite that you mentioned is actually already included in the tricorne hat version.

Oh, I wanted those Durch sprites under the Burgundian rifleman (so you see they belong together) but I messed up the post. ;-)

As for the sprites, you'll have to wait a bit for those because I'm working on something else at the moment.
Don't worry and take your time, they can wait. I just waned to "order" them.

Gowa is MKS and MYA is Myanmar (Ava). The latter took me some time to find because of Dutch names (we have to thank Kasperus for them).

OK, I've amended the A4K countries file as best I can. I've checked it by loading up the mod to look at the map, so I think that I've got all the starting nations right at least. It might be a good idea for you to check it though.

Here's a link to download it from.

I've put the file within a Db folder, so it can be dropped into For the Glory/Mods/A4K.

I note that there's a Units folder in the mod with some old-style sprites in there, so that needs to be deleted if you don't want them to show up.

Last edited: