• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OK, here's the Gallowglass for the Level 1 Irish:

Download Links

As this will probably involve a new army code (EIR) for some people, there are two links. The first link is for downloading the sprite shown above as Irish Level 1. The second is for downloading the spr files for Levels 2-4 that will make the Irish show up as Western Minor States sprites for those levels (otherwise nothing will appear at the higher levels). Both links include the relevant files so that the cannons will appear during seiges.

Both downloads can be dropped into your main FtG folder.

Download Irish Level 1 sprite here
Download files for Levels 2-4 here

Important

In order for the sprite to appear you also need to modify the relevant countries file - FtG/Db/countries for vanilla, FtG/Mods/AGCEEP/Db/countries for AGCEEP, etc. Open the file and scroll down to CON for Connacht

Change 'army = HEL' into 'army = EIR'

Now do the same for the following countries - Desmond (DES), Ireland (EIR), Leinster (LEI), Meath (MEA) and Ulster (ULS).

Thanks for your sprite and the install tutorial , can't wait to see it in the game.

Hello again

Thanks to getting Civ3 and learning some new colouring skills I've redone a few sprites.

I wasn't happy with the light shade of the French Level 1 sprite, so I've made a darker version. Here's a before and after comparison:

FRAL1Old_zps30ab8aad.png~original
FRAL1New_zps30b16cd6.png~original

Download darker French knight here

Drop into your main FtG folder.

I've also made a redder Spanish Level 1 sprite:

SPAL1Old_zps43d26c4b.png~original
SPAL1New_zps1e50f750.png~original

Download redder Spanish knight here

Finally, here's one for those of you using the GUNSMOKE VERSION ONLY. I've changed the colour of the smoke on the Eastern Minor States Level 2 sprite from brown to grey:

HUN-L2FIRE_zps91a6f415.png~original
HUN-L2FIRENew_zps6bb22ec0.png~original

Download Eastern Minor States Level 2 sprite with grey gunsmoke here

Last edited:
Thank you, very nice sprites!
Edit:
Download country file for vanilla and replacement but country colors don't change.

I'm not quite sure that I've understood you, but the country-file download on this thread is only to make sure that the new sprites appear. I simply changed some of the codes for the armies.

The country-file download that should change the colour codes is on the 'New Political Map Colorscales....' thread, which you can get to via my sig below.

I'm not quite sure that I've understood you, but the country-file download on this thread is only to make sure that the new sprites appear. I simply changed some of the codes for the armies.

The country-file download that should change the colour codes is on the 'New Political Map Colorscales....' thread, which you can get to via my sig below.
I just want change country colors. Which of links i needed, from your New Political Map Colorscales?
I'm a little confused by the lowest 3 links.
Edit: I'm solve the problem) Thx for advise.

Last edited:
Hello again

Thanks to getting Civ3 and learning some new colouring skills I've redone a few sprites.

I wasn't happy with the light shade of the French Level 1 sprite, so I've made a darker version. Here's a before and after comparison:

Download darker French knight here

Drop into your main FtG folder.

I've also made a redder Spanish Level 1 sprite:

Download redder Spanish knight here

Finally, here's one for those of you using the GUNSMOKE VERSION ONLY. I've changed the colour of the smoke on the Eastern Minor States Level 2 sprite from brown to grey:

Download Eastern Minor States Level 2 sprite with grey gunsmoke here

Glad to see you still working on those sprites! Nice work !

Here are some extra Level 4 Italian units - for Savoy, Genoa, Papal States and Venice.

Of course, in history these states were swallowed up in the Napoleonic Wars and didn't really make it to Level 4, but that's certainly not always the case in For the Glory, and especially not when the player is playing as one of them.

I tried to imagine what the uniforms would have been like based on previous types and then did some recolouring.

SAVStand_zpsaf830d12.png~original
SAVWalk_zps3050ec36.png~original
GENStand_zps60ec5ae1.png~original
GENWalk_zps5196aa07.png~original
PAPStand_zpsb40d8757.png~original
PAPWalk_zpsaf776e1e.png~original
VENStand_zps2775eeaa.png~original
VENWalk_zps9774c7a0.png~original

VEN-PAP_zps82900e67.png~original

Download non-smoke version here

SAV-GEN_zps11eaf013.png~original

Download gunsmoke version here

In both cases simply drop the download into your main FtG folder.

Last edited:
As others says :
Very kind of you for working on this :)

Hello CS, if you have time could you please convert the Burgundian swordsman for BUR lv1? it would be better than the current spearsman.

Yes, the spearman is a bit too skinny somehow. I'll try to do the swordsman over the weekend.