• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Deadlock and Advances

June 4th - November 7th

I have a problem in one theatre of war, not so much in another but it is certainly annoying.

The Brazillians again do their probing.

i55274.jpg

Without taking screenshots I tried to start and offensive to link the two areas by encircling the brazillians against the coast. However partially due to supplies still being an issue. Both attempts failed to completely to even get off the ground with a red 4% attacking them. Despite my constant bombing, my bombers have no effect...which is very odd considering the affect they had on the turks all those years ago.

I would land troops further down the coast however my transport planes lack the range and the Brazil's navy would prevent me from landing because they would be near their home ports. Thus I am digging in and waiting for my transports to have larger fuel tanks and get jet engine technology.

Meanwhile in the Pacific...

v65kdt.jpg

1556wpj.jpg

Japan makes an attempt to land troops in Siam. This is the first battle of Phet Buri. Naval Bombers are quick to act, I know I sank ships but the statistics page has been bugged for a while. I think it only updates every year.

imikqv.jpg

2mhv5tx.jpg

End of the First battle of Phet Buri. Begin the second battle of Phet Buri.

9bkn44.jpg

2dl16q0.jpg

End of the third battle of Phet Buri.

359kcjl.jpg

Airborne invasion of Ponape Island.

htbw5z.jpg

First layer of forts built in Brazil.

2nusutc.jpg

Ponape falls.

2r23ea0.jpg

Kwajelein is taken by marines

2n8vfwj.jpg

Maleoap falls

2457l.jpg

Majuro falls... however my troops are never able to cross over because of two reason. Lack of supplies or the IJN patrolling the waters.

34es5n4.jpg

The craving to see something annexed has grown too much...

r6zolj.jpg

I invade with 15x Mnt Brigades, 3x Art and 2x Eng. A similar Corps is in development.

First battle of Khvoy

w2hqxf.jpg

eijeck.jpg

Second battle of Khvoy

34go5du.jpg

While trying to land troops behind Majuro however they are intercepted.

2s9omcw.jpg

352f3b5.jpg

I cancel the landing as my ships can't take another fight.

14y1u83.jpg

2zybwc7.jpg

2mpc5s4.jpg

Yes... it has taken me this long to research this. Several units are ordered immediately.

152lwyu.jpg

The state of the fronts.

2iv0301.jpg

a1ras6.jpg

2ij0x13.jpg

Only Brazil and Japan are the big challenges (I think), I have some more to post but I'm getting a little bored with this game as I'm still running 1.3. So after doing a little clean up I think I'll declare victory.

I need more boats!

November 7th 1952 - February 1953

My troops continue to advance into Persia.

ndvo6b.jpg

29x6dzc.jpg

2hyfjbd.jpg

For some reason I did not mention this but in my last post I dropped some Paras on Majuro. They later destroyed what was left of the enemy.

2hhp0rb.jpg

In an effort to prevent the IJN from raiding my ships I land troops on the nearby port of Milli. However their fleet is located further south and better defended.

2jg592c.jpg

qyi91e.jpg

334456d.jpg

Milli captured.

1zlaatc.jpg

My transport fleet is attacked by hte IJN. I had to send in another fleet to prevent its loss.

5nvtc8.jpg

2valfgo.jpg

Persians are encircled.

mr62hj.jpg

2py0yeh.jpg

When I tried to make a break for it by transport fleet is attacked by 3 carriers.

icpafc.jpg

They were no match and I'm lucky I did not lose that carrier.

2q1iick.jpg

No for a matter of Pride. Paratroopers are LANDED on the beaches of Martinique and proceed to attack Gaudaloupe.

99dtmu.jpg

2qvs31h.jpg

j76qvm.jpg

Tehran falls.

2s76f4p.jpg

My troops begin to push for the final VP.

14lm3yg.jpg

Victoire!

mvkfv8.jpg

Wow certainly an amazing AAR, but I do have a few question though:
When are you gonna take on the US?? XD
How did you manage to deactivate the time factor?... I really would appreciate the answer for those 2 :p
Waiting for the french to retake Louisiana and Canada

Afghanistan, the next obvious step.

Could be..

Wow certainly an amazing AAR, but I do have a few question though:
When are you gonna take on the US?? XD
How did you manage to deactivate the time factor?... I really would appreciate the answer for those 2 :p
Waiting for the french to retake Louisiana and Canada

At the moment, the US is not gonna happen. I did a little spying on their techs and numbers. The US has almost 5000 infantry brigades of a VERY high standard, I have 1,100 spread through out the world. They also seem to have a massive advanced destroyer fleet. Their tech and numbers would crush me. Not to mention that theres the billion other allied countries to deal with. I will deal with the axis and move on to a new game in 1.4. I promise to be more devious in that one.

There is a file you edit. Goto /Paradox Interactive/ Hearts of Iron III/common and open the file called defines.lua in notepad. Although before this I suggest making a backup. At the top of the file you'll see a start and end date. Just change the year to whatever you want. For example mine is 2000.1.1

I Couldn't Think of a Good Title

9th February - 17th September

This was a pretty slow session, mostly due to a lot of waiting for tech to advance to extend the range of my air transports or the building of new units.

This first screenshot isnt taken until May 8th, thats how slow. These are the first carriers in years and are 1948 level. I had been waiting for these techs for quite sometime to get near the modern level. As far as I know these will be the most advance carriers although the Americans might have more advanced ones. I would have to check. (The other pair of CAG was ordered months earlier).

xge8ep.jpg

April 24th

25uhzzo.jpg

The plan

ay3exk.jpg

The execution

2qk0wgn.jpg

The axe falls

2u73mfk.jpg

well that killed a lot of time didn't it?

Invasion of Satawan.

r89dgm.jpg

4hz1ow.jpg

Invasion of Palau

15mjnuw.jpg

357lzzm.jpg

23uo6er.jpg

With the range extended, it's time to actually do something in Brazil. I have yet to caputre one of their VP's, with this plan I was hoping to capture two and solidify my position before the enemy reached me.

15hyetg.jpg

Unfortunately for me, they sent 3 stacks looking a lot like this.

zu6141.jpg

I cancelled this advance for good reason. River crossings in Brazil seem to negate any attack against anyone.

dob4uh.jpg

Buying time till a port is built.

swa720.jpg

If you look closely you will see that those divisions are at 50% strength. Why? They haven't been in a fight since they first landed. The lack of supply and attrition has taken its toll! I sent in the air transports to resupply them and they were quickly brought upto full strength again.

149zj81.jpg

Another advance called off. It was varying between 45-55% and some of my troops were almost exhausted.

2dum8vt.jpg

Invasion of Rota. Where promptly my troops get stuck on due to the IJN patrolling those waters. Thus an emergancy Airfield is ordered.

11uc8qd.jpg

dr48y1.jpg

Most of their troops retreated leaving only a small amount. Strangely my bombs are now working but afterawhile cease to have an effect in some areas. I can't understand why.

a14a6s.jpg

First layers completed!

ogjez6.jpg

b8wtw1.jpg

This is where my troops get stuck.

8yw28p.jpg

6 weeks later my trick worked. Unfortunately that island had no supply so after the airfield was built I transported them back to truk where they got resupplied, rebased them back in Rota which allowed me to launch an airbourne invasion.

2n9ckdi.jpg

Saipan falls!

2qk57bc.jpg

Unfortunately I hadn't learnt my lesson as a division gets stuck on Tinian. Naval bombers can't find the enemy at all. (600th posted screenshot!)

abi9sj.jpg

And now for an epicly long screenshot; or what would have been. I took a screenshot of all my tech pages and point out how in places its been neglected and how I only have a total of 25ish leadership points despite my massive empire (which is something I don' like about HOI3, I should get more Leadership than that!). I would have also pointed out to the 1950 level Destroyers that I had just finished researching and just ordeed 20 Flottillas of them.

So instead I am posting this. Bastille Day 1939.

11kfi8l.jpg

w15g03.jpg

(suprisingly hard to find these on google images... odd)

How big are the resources of Brazil?

As far as I know, not very big, they lack some things in large quantities.They whored infantry tech so they are currently more advanced than me. The main problem is is just pushing forward when I'm having major supply issue and can not link the two fronts to count that problem. I think that because I have an airbase further south now I can just drop paras on their VP's. I only took one and their surrender dropped by almost 20%.

My bombers are sort of draining their manpower but they aren't going very much damage. Meanwhile my eye is wandering over peoples borders.

I'll try and play some more tonight.

The End

September 15th - November 12th

The game started out slow, manpower and supplies are the bane of the latter half of this game.

I send a corp of Mountaineers over to the border with Sinkiang, they weren't allied with anyone but it would take several months to reach it and even by the end of this post they had only just reached Tibet.

oqyn34.jpg

Para's are landed in Rio de Janeiro!

fy0k89.jpg

2d29ef4.jpg

My forces spread out quickly to grab a hold of more VP's. I will not be cheated out of them again!

2nw0nd0.jpg

Troops march on an undefended Sao Paulo

2zy8iyr.jpg

Troops slow down Brazillian advance into Vitoria so my troops can gain the valuable VP.

10ctafb.jpg

It seems para's are very popular method of advancing for me it seems. Paras land on Iwo Jima!

2ewz0vm.jpg

2lscfaw.jpg

Sao Paulo is mine, this division is sent north.

t4v23c.jpg

Iwo Jima is mine! (Although tbh it is supposed to be called Iwo To, just someone got it wrong on a map, they corrected that recently).

2jdmm36.jpg

And.... DISASTER

I have no idea why the game started doing this, I don't. I didn't click a thing, honest.

t5nlox.jpg

As you can see my production is massive, but I didn't do this, note all the brigades. For some reason the game decided to stop me from changing any of the sliders or cancelling any of these projects. It also started out as 180 in supplies and 380 in production. Next day it was 160 with 420. I waited for a day to see if this would change but it didn't. I saved and restarted the game, no luck. I loaded up the autosave, no luck there either. I have no explanation for this bug. Because of the length of this AAR I am still using 1.3 but in all honesty, I think I have achieved my Napoleonic dream even if I did not goto Moscow, Washington or London. I still conquered more than Napoleon.

Thus I am ending this AAR and will start a new one soon running 1.4 at last.

In the meantime, here are some statistics and the final map.

b4gpiu.jpg

Number of hours played: Too many
Number of Casualites: I need more paper to write this number down
Number of Screenshots: 796 aka 4.11gb of images.
Number actually posted: 616

What I learned:

France can conquer a large portion of the world but is screwed over by the lack of leadership even after controlling a large amount of the world.

Supplies are a whore to get to work in 1.3

France's navy is out dated.

After awhile you stop building units and just end up building large amounts of infrastructure become an expanding empire determined to bring really infrastructure to the world.

Paras are far more useful than pushing across large areas.

My plans for this game:

• Puppet Brazil and Argentina
  • Annex Japan
  • Annex Czhechslovakia
  • Go nuts and declare war on everyone with my entire armed forces in Paris and waiting to see how long I would last.

14987t0.jpg

*Australia also counts as part of my Empire.

Any suggestions for the next AAR are welcome but might not be listened to.

Except its been on manual control the entire time. It still added more stuff the next day.

I think I have started a game as Romania and see what I can do with them. Not liking having so little in the way of leadership and IC after playing this game for months.

*does not feel like an idiot*

Too late now anyway, updated to 1.4 and besides I want to play a couple games that are just for me like right now I'm trying out the RandomHOI mod playing as a Facist Saxony surrounded by Comintern countries :D. Perfect choice huh?