• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wari Bana said:
what does the "Kingdom of Turkey" option do?
I have a sneaking feeling it's the crusader kingdom of Turkey, an option for if the Ottoman Empire manages to fall.

Mind you, I could be way off there, and I have no idea how & when it comes about.

Wari Bana said:
so, should it be located in the Ottoman event file then?
I wouldn't think so; for a start, it's nothing to do with the Ottomans (even though it may use their tag), and secondly, I think that stuff which relies on an alternate sequence being enabled has a separate set of event files.

That's the way the AGCEEP handle it, anyway.

Could it be the related to Ottoman conversion?

Wari Bana said:
so, should it be located in the Ottoman event file then?
I think it's located in the MyMap_alt_Ottomans event file.
It can produce some strange outcomes, like the one I noticed in one Burgundy game a long time ago:
screensave1ce9.jpg

Emperor_krk said:
I think it's located in the MyMap_alt_Ottomans event file.
It can produce some strange outcomes, like the one I noticed in one Burgundy game a long time ago:

so Karaman becomes Turkey, effectively and OE becomes Western Roman Sultanate... curious.

so Karaman becomes Turkey, effectively and OE becomes Western Roman Sultanate... curious.
This is based on real historic events with an alternative outcome.

When Sultan Mehmed II the Conqueror died, he had two sons ruling in Konya and Amasya. Cem Sultan, the younger brother, claimed that he had the right on throne based on his birth being after his father's ascension to throne.

They had a bitter civil war and Cem has proposed his older brother Beyazid to split the country in two; Anatolian possessions and European possessions.

Beyazid was not comfortable with the situation and Cem had the backing of the Memluk Sultan of Egypt.

Had Beyazid accepted Cem's offer, he would have kept only the European side of Ottoman Empire and focused on Italian expansion. Instead, they kept fighting until Cem Sultan became a prisoner in Pope's hands as a hefty ransom income generator.

I have a sneaking feeling it's the crusader kingdom of Turkey, an option for if the Ottoman Empire manages to fall.

Mind you, I could be way off there, and I have no idea how & when it comes about.
sorry but i think that is wrong; kingdom of turkey comes to life if the player or ai chooses let one of the ottoma monarchs escape( the one that intended to go for italian campaigns). i forgat exact details but check the event file conditions, etc
the kingdom comes to life by choosing another option other then "a" in this case, as well as having a few provinces rebels owned. later on the kingdom has the option to convert to christianity if manages to get certain italian provinces. forgat about cultures.

edit: Tunch Khan has the right "historic" explanation

ALSO for any mymap lovers, try the biggest indonesian nation( mataram if i remember correct). TONS of extra events and i believe quiet hostorical since the mymap creator was born there.

edit: Tunch Khan has the right "historic" explanation

ALSO for any mymap lovers, try the biggest indonesian nation( mataram if i remember correct). TONS of extra events and i believe quiet hostorical since the mymap creator was born there.
Mataram, eh? Who'd know? But you have a point. I will give it a shot next time I get the cranks working.

I make use of Windows Vista. Everything is working properly, except the MyMap file. Can somebody help me?