• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I'd removed that event for this version, so it's possible when you copied the new files onto the old files the old files weren't replaced for whatever reason. Can you try completely deleting all of the mod's files, and then re-installing the mod, so that way no left-over files get left behind? I just checked my files and it seems I have indeed removed the event, so the only way it would be happening is if for whatever reason you weren't able to install the new version of the mod completely.

Thank you very much for the help! It works now :)

And thumbs for a great mod. Have been searching for a mod that suits my preferred way of playing and it seems I've finally succeed!

Cybr - the pagan sacrifice bug fix archive is empty except for the readme and an empty folder, somehow you forgot to include the fixed files.

Edit: Immersion module, decisions/crown_laws.txt, the allow block for centralization_0 is missing its closing brace (you commented out one too many lines)

In the on_success_title block of the lower_crown_authority_law, other_succession_on_liege, other_succession, succession_on_liege CBs, you need to scope to the holder before testing has_landed_title.

In the can_use block of the religious CB, there is no miaphysite religion_group. Change religion_group = miaphysite to religion = miaphysite, and if you want to include the heresies of Miaphysitism, you need to list them individually. Likewise with religion_group = orthodox a little further down.

Going back to crown_laws.txt, the tests on traits in centralization_3 and _4's allow clause also need to be in holder scope.

You're missing a definition of somali and pomeranian cultures.

Search for all "who"s in jewish_courtier_events.txt and make sure they're properly wrapped in an opinion = { } block. Also, move all capable_only lines before the trigger block. It's a pre-trigger filter.

There's various other problems that Validator can pick out, but that will do as a start.

Last edited:
Hi all, just back after a quick trip to some relatives yesterday and most of today, so I haven't been able to touch any of my modding materials. The next version 1.0.5 has an ETA around late Christmas (tomorrow) or early on the 26th, and will include the Byzantine decision for douxes/despots to get a claim on the throne; 10 Byzantine flavor events; and a hefty amount of bug fixing and code cleaning, thanks in part everyone, but particularly richvh and jordarkelf for pointing out some issues.

I've also updated the pagan sacrifice bug fix .rar so it should now include the necessary files.

Anyhow, to answer everyone's concerns/comments.

Restart didn't help. And it isn't that I've mixed up PB and vanilla modules, or edited anything in VIET since I first tried it yesterday. It has to be a PS conflict, as I'm not getting these crashes without it and getting them 100% of the time with it. Which baffles me. I just cleared out my mods folder and reinstalled fresh versions of both mods (VIET 1.0.4 and PS 0.5) to make sure that there aren't residual bits of my own edits mucking things up, and had steam verify my vanilla files, and it is still crashing with perfect predictability. I'm really confused that other folks are using the same combination without running into this.

I'm also going to be occupied with other stuff over the next few days, so I'll wait until after the holidays to try and figure this out with a bit more trial and error. Don't want to take much of your time on this if it is still isolated to myself. I might give the PB versions a go to see how those hold up for me.

Okay, sounds interesting. So if I understand it correctly apparently Patrum Scuta is somehow incompatible with VIET; I think someone else in the Project Balance thread mentioned the same thing (or maybe it was you?), so it might not just be an isolated case. Anyhow, if you figure some more things, feel free to tell me here.

Thank you very much for the help! It works now :)

And thumbs for a great mod. Have been searching for a mod that suits my preferred way of playing and it seems I've finally succeed!

Glad you're enjoying it.

Playing VIET with PB - it crashes each time I click on mercanaries.. - any idea what to do?

yeah - keeps on crahsing...

When you tried the portrait fix here, make sure that 1) you're using the correct one (for Project Balance), and 2) that you're following the instructions exactly (specifically deleting the existing files before replacing them). Not that I'm saying you didn't, but just want to make sure - sometimes these things slip our mind. Also make sure you downloaded the right file (the files at the bottom of the post are not the right files (I've just deleted them), the file in the link in the post is the correct one - you may want to try re-doing the fix just in case, anyways). Anyhow, a few questions, so hopefully I'll be able ot help you out a bit better:

1. What modules are you using and not using? And are you using any other mods besides VIET and Project Balance?
2. Have you tried restarting your computer?
3. What DLCs do you have and not have? Specifically portrait sets?
4. Does it crash with any mercenary, or is it crashing with a specific mercenary group? And does it rash anywhere else?
5. Lastly, if the CTD keeps happening, can you post or attach the error log (found in Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\logs)? Make sure you get the error log from immediately after the crash (if you reload the game I belive it clears out the previous error log). It might point out to specifically the problem you're having.

Cybr - the pagan sacrifice bug fix archive is empty except for the readme and an empty folder, somehow you forgot to include the fixed files.

Edit: Immersion module, decisions/crown_laws.txt, the allow block for centralization_0 is missing its closing brace (you commented out one too many lines)

In the on_success_title block of the lower_crown_authority_law, other_succession_on_liege, other_succession, succession_on_liege CBs, you need to scope to the holder before testing has_landed_title.

In the can_use block of the religious CB, there is no miaphysite religion_group. Change religion_group = miaphysite to religion = miaphysite, and if you want to include the heresies of Miaphysitism, you need to list them individually. Likewise with religion_group = orthodox a little further down.

Going back to crown_laws.txt, the tests on traits in centralization_3 and _4's allow clause also need to be in holder scope.

You're missing a definition of somali and pomeranian cultures.

Search for all "who"s in jewish_courtier_events.txt and make sure they're properly wrapped in an opinion = { } block. Also, move all capable_only lines before the trigger block. It's a pre-trigger filter.

There's various other problems that Validator can pick out, but that will do as a start.

Richvh, I owe you and jordarkelf big time for finding all these boo-boos for me. I keep forgetting to run Validator through the entire mod, I only run it through the troublesome parts.

did it become harder to convert territories?

I'm assuming you mean convert as in religious conversion - I don't remember changing any of that (yet), so there shouldn't be any difference (though if you want to double check you can look at the changelog). If you're playing with Project Balance then I think PB might have introduced some changes to conversion rate.

Okay, sounds interesting. So if I understand it correctly apparently Patrum Scuta is somehow incompatible with VIET; I think someone else in the Project Balance thread mentioned the same thing (or maybe it was you?), so it might not just be an isolated case. Anyhow, if you figure some more things, feel free to tell me here.

As I wrote above, I use Patrum Scuta, and have not experienced any of these issues. It may be a bit premature to call it one way or the other.

alright i guess the catholic authority is to low. also i have a suggestion for the byzantine empire when the do the reconquest cb they should get all lands but get a negative modifier for a time while they establish the imperial bureaucracy since the old feudal ways would not work in the empire

ETA for 1.0.5 is still either late today or tomorrow, though I'm thinking it's probably going to be more like tomorrow. Think of it as a late Christmas present.

I've also updated the list of compatible mods here, so take a look at it. If you want to suggest a mod for me to put on the list, feel free to do so.

As I wrote above, I use Patrum Scuta, and have not experienced any of these issues. It may be a bit premature to call it one way or the other.

True, true. In the compatible mods section I have added a warning to other users. Anyhow, I've been wondering - are you using Patrum Scuta with the PB or vanilla version of VIET, and have you edited or done some personal modding that might have made Patrum Scuta work better in your case?

alright i guess the catholic authority is to low. also i have a suggestion for the byzantine empire when the do the reconquest cb they should get all lands but get a negative modifier for a time while they establish the imperial bureaucracy since the old feudal ways would not work in the empire

Good idea, actually. Probably won't make it into 1.0.5 despite 1.0.5's slight Byzantine focus (as I'll have to figure out how to do that first anyways) but it's a good idea indeed.

thanks for your help - somehow taht I need to delete the old folders was not clear to me - maybe my mistake or should be written clearer - now it works - great and thanks!

Anyway to deal with dangerous plots - I can see them get alerted - but cannot stop them....

thanks for your help - somehow taht I need to delete the old folders was not clear to me - maybe my mistake or should be written clearer - now it works - great and thanks!

Anyway to deal with dangerous plots - I can see them get alerted - but cannot stop them....

Glad it works. Next version I'll try to include better instructions for installing the main mod and the portrait fix - I'll also include the portrait fix with the main mod so nobody has to report to the thread and then find the link to the bug post.

Anyhow, as for dangerous plots, I believe this is how vanilla works too - unless you're talking about something this mod might have changed?

What are the ten flavor events for byzantine?

Well, I won't reveal them, otherwise it won't be very surprising, now would it? ;)

They're simple flavor events, though, if that helps. I'll post a screenshot or two as a preview later to show y'all one or two of the events.

True, true. In the compatible mods section I have added a warning to other users. Anyhow, I've been wondering - are you using Patrum Scuta with the PB or vanilla version of VIET, and have you edited or done some personal modding that might have made Patrum Scuta work better in your case?

No personal modding at this point,and I'm running vanilla VIET, all modules, with Patrum Scuta.

Got a CTD 'bug' to report, related to portraits from the Immersion module judging by the log. I've got all of the portrait DLCs, and I run Project Balance, VIET, Lords and Lands, Patrum Scuta, and Missing COA. The game starts up fine, but when I click on the Characters window/Search All it crashes. I've tried turning off everything, leaving only PB + VIET and the same happens. I did 'fix' the bug using the Portrait DLC fix and the game runs normally, but I reported this as it is my understanding that the fix is intended for when not all Portrait DLCs are installed/selected when running the game, so it might be something you want to take a look at. Btw, loving the fully PB-friendly version!

As promised, a couple of screenshots for the Byzantine flavor events. I still have to fix some issues with them, as well as all the other bugs and issues still around, before 1.0.5 can be out.

I know baklava is not exactly from the Byzantine time period, but the Byzantines did have similar sweets, so I figured it'd just be easier to call it baklava. Plus, baklava tastes good anyways.

NSWUq.jpg

RMiy9.jpg

(I have to fix the localization for the second event, btw)

Can we have some Pagan events for Christmas? Like, some Norse/Lithuanian/Slavic stuff since Mongols aren't really that much fun.

Not for the next version, but I think I can do that for 1.1. I didn't really plan yet what sort of events to add there, so some pagan stuff would be nice. I'll add some for all pagans anyways.

No personal modding at this point,and I'm running vanilla VIET, all modules, with Patrum Scuta.

Hmm, interesting. It might have to do with the Project Balance version.

Got a CTD 'bug' to report, related to portraits from the Immersion module judging by the log. I've got all of the portrait DLCs, and I run Project Balance, VIET, Lords and Lands, Patrum Scuta, and Missing COA. The game starts up fine, but when I click on the Characters window/Search All it crashes. I've tried turning off everything, leaving only PB + VIET and the same happens. I did 'fix' the bug using the Portrait DLC fix and the game runs normally, but I reported this as it is my understanding that the fix is intended for when not all Portrait DLCs are installed/selected when running the game, so it might be something you want to take a look at. Btw, loving the fully PB-friendly version!

Missing COA is already included in VIET, that might be a cause of CTD, but I doubt it. I think there might be some compatibility issues with Lords and Lands as well, if that mod adds new cultures, portrait sets, or provinces. Also make sure you're using the PB compatible modules, of course, and not the vanilla ones by accident.

If you can send me an error log right after the crash (found in Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\logs) or post the contents ot the file, I might be able to pinpoint a possible reason why it's crashing (make sure it's from right after the crash - if you load up the game after the error log will reset itself I believe).

Thanks for the report, and glad you're enjoying the mod.

I'm pretty sure Lords and Lands adds provinces.

↑ Yeah.

@ cybrxkhan - Too late for the error log, I'm well under way in a new game. I did however figure quickly that M.COA isn't needed anymore as a stand-alone mod. Also, I've tried running only VIET + PB and still the crash occured, but after implementing the fix it was all straightened out, so it definitely wasn't a compatibility issue with any other mods. Naturally I did use the PB compatibility modules (duh :D) but since you've mentioned it I just want to clarify 100%; VIET PB modules + VIET Events + VIET Traits should be used with PB no?

EDIT: I'll reinstall VIET (without the fix) + PB and get the error.log for ya, though it'll have to wait until morning as I'm way past my bed time and will most likely look/feel as I've been washed out by a flood when I wake up for work :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.