[MOD] Relativity - a balance and content mod

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey Naselus,

I noticed the Defines for the mod are set up using the 00_defines.lua file, overwriting it, instead of using a new lua file to overwrite specific defines. Because I'm a bit obsessive about stuff like that I went ahead and manually created a custom relativity_defines.lua file instead. Mainly intend to use it for myself, but if you'd like a copy let me know.

I do keep meaning to rewrite it :) Your version is now going to be quite badly out of date compared to what we're working with in the test build, though, so it won't be a lot of use I'm afraid.

So out of interest what's the status of version 1 at the moment? Is it almost done except for compatibility with 1.3, or is there a lot which is still being done? :)

So out of interest what's the status of version 1 at the moment? Is it almost done except for compatibility with 1.3, or is there a lot which is still being done? :)

It's more or less just waiting on 1.3. I'm tempted to keep prodding the mandate stuff, though I can't really get it to do what I want yet so it will probably have to wait for Paradox to add more options for it. Also still debating whether to ditch nutrients and revert to just using global food. But it's all pretty playable right now, and the AI is looking fairly capable. I imagine a lot of that will get totally screwed up by Heinlein though.

It's more or less just waiting on 1.3. I'm tempted to keep prodding the mandate stuff, though I can't really get it to do what I want yet so it will probably have to wait for Paradox to add more options for it. Also still debating whether to ditch nutrients and revert to just using global food. But it's all pretty playable right now, and the AI is looking fairly capable. I imagine a lot of that will get totally screwed up by Heinlein though.

Well one advantage/disadvantage (depending on context) of nutrients is that you can trade nutrients to other empires in a way you can't trade global food.

I don't know, I had a couple of AI empires starve to death out of some reason.

I don't know, I had a couple of AI empires starve to death out of some reason.

I wasn't referring to a released version, but rather the 1.0 build that hasn't been uploaded yet. I'm considering releasing a 'beta' version of it for now since 1.3 is taking somewhat longer than we thought it was going to.

Reactions:
I am guessing they can't begin on making the mod compatible before Heinlein is released, though I doubt they haven't put a lot of thought into how they are going to make use of the changes coming with Heinlein. So my guess is it's going to take a week or two, before 1.0 is released.

I'm hoping that the existing codebase can be converted this weekend. I'll keep you posted.

Reactions:
Actually, it may take a little longer - I'm right in the middle of buying a house and need to spend most of Saturday sorting that out :p I'll attempt to update the codebase tomorrow night or Sunday, but can't guarantee everything will be ready in time for you guys to play at some point this weekend.

Reactions:
Alas, cruel fate! :p
Godspeed!

Reactions:
How is the updating coming along, when do you think the next version will be released?

Some time this week. Didn't have time this weekend, sorting out house stuff.

Reactions:
Some time this week. Didn't have time this weekend, sorting out house stuff.
Hopefully by the time it comes out I'll be burned out from Civ VI.

Every time I think "I should play Stellaris" I go to steam to launch it and launch Civilization instead. >_>

Reactions:
Hopefully by the time it comes out I'll be burned out from Civ VI.

Every time I think "I should play Stellaris" I go to steam to launch it and launch Civilization instead. >_>

Civ IV is rather good :) Think it needs a little more time for them to get the balancing right though.

Reactions:
Civ IV is rather good :) Think it needs a little more time for them to get the balancing right though.

Hey Naselus, it's me again. Have you thought about my idea to turn sectors into semi-independent parts of yoru empires / states within a state that have their own fleets and sue them aggressively ?