[MOD] Relativity - a balance and content mod

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Regarding the weapons rework; would it be possible to change the weapon types available at gamestart? Perhaps making Kinetic and Missile the only two initial options, with all energy weapons being physics weapons which need to be researched into? In this way, early shields ("deflectors") might be incapable of defending against laser weapons (but perhaps not against plasma :p ) without giving energy weapon races an advantage? I dunno, thought it might be interesting?

Regarding the weapons rework; would it be possible to change the weapon types available at gamestart? Perhaps making Kinetic and Missile the only two initial options, with all energy weapons being physics weapons which need to be researched into? In this way, early shields ("deflectors") might be incapable of defending against laser weapons (but perhaps not against plasma :p ) without giving energy weapon races an advantage? I dunno, thought it might be interesting?

I'm a bit leery of removing starting options, since it's a lot of painful UI work; above and beyond that, I don't think we can really teach the AI to use weapons systems if they're too different.

Basically gonna aim to just mildly re-jig how Paradox have it, only with a lot less randomness and scaled to match our different hull strengths. We can look more in-depth later.

Reactions:
Dont think Ive ever posted on these boards at all in the past but for Stellaris Ill make an exception. :)

Great deal of really good work you are putting in to this even though you had to redo so much after the patch/patches! Hope you are making progress and hopefully we'll be able to try out the new version of this awesome mod!

Briliant job so far!

Reactions:
Good to hear you've found a better place. Hopefully for the rest of us you will find some time to further work on this. I would love to play the mod with the new version.

I'm a bit leery of removing starting options, since it's a lot of painful UI work; above and beyond that, I don't think we can really teach the AI to use weapons systems if they're too different.

Basically gonna aim to just mildly re-jig how Paradox have it, only with a lot less randomness and scaled to match our different hull strengths. We can look more in-depth later.

Once again checking up on the game, a.k.a looking if Naselus fixed the game.

How are CKII like sectors coming along?

Would it be possible to just remove sectors and allow you to release vassals from your own systems, without requiring an alien homeworld?

Maybe he will return, but in the meanwhile the mod is most likely on indefinite hiatus.

I mean, if I recall what my parents' went through 15 years ago when they were buying their first home, it's not exactly a quick and easy process. He'll be back when he's back - just gotta be patient.

Such a shame. Between this not going anywhere, and Alpha Mod coming to an end, it will be hard to get a high quality overhaul for Stellaris to fill in the gaps.

Space Is An Ocean seems promising, should they get out of alpha into beta, though I disagree with a few of their changes (though those seem to be eminently popular changes shared in all overhauls, I'm in the vast minority with liking core planet limits and that's ok, easy to change).