• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Other options could be "Consort" or even plain "Concubine". I believe the Norse version was "Frille" iirc? The Arthurian Britannia mod uses Courtesan.
Now that I think about it, I suppose it wouldn't be too ridiculous to give the concubines of Zoroastrian Kings the title "Lady".
That would also work, reminds me of China where prominent concubines were usually called Lady "Something". Maybe you can find some ideas from the Qing Chinese system below.
consort-ranking-concubine.jpg
Sources: 1, 2

Reactions:
When the events fire to rename a posthumous consort, the descriptions are all blank. Perhaps making the event pop-ups silent would be better.

It will be done in the next version. I left them visible because I needed to know that they were consistently triggering. This is, very much, a work in progress.

If anybody has some modding knowledge, and about 10 minutes of time on their hands, I would greatly appreciate it if somebody can explain to me why the following events in this text file are not firing:

101; 102; and 103.

A little bit of background, these are supposed to grant character flags and titles for grandchildren of kings/emperors.

Attachments

• Prince_Junior.txt
    8,3 KB · Views: 8
Unfortunately, I can confirm that. The mod was working fine yesterday. :(

I am also aware of a bug where the nickname for wives of princes scopes to the wrong realm. I have tried multiple different approaches to granting it, but the issue is still unresolved.

If anyone has any ideas on how to get it to scope to the correct realm, feel free to pass them on to me.

When I booted the mod up it worked fine for forty or so years from the Charlemagne start but it stopped on January 15 sometime 820-30. I can't remember what year exactly, sorry. It popped up with a blank message and when I disabled the mod and reloaded from the day the message popped up as a corrupted crusade message, saying I had called for a crusade as pope. This may have something to do with me being in Iberia and surrounded by Umayyad but i'm not sure. I downloaded the fix you posted and turned it back on after I'd played a decade without but I got the same problem soon after on a different date.

6aW1q8A.jpg

Sorry for the huge screenshot. I'm not playing ironman, if that helps.

When I booted the mod up it worked fine for forty or so years from the Charlemagne start but it stopped on January 15 sometime 820-30. I can't remember what year exactly, sorry. It popped up with a blank message and when I disabled the mod and reloaded from the day the message popped up as a corrupted crusade message, saying I had called for a crusade as pope. This may have something to do with me being in Iberia and surrounded by Umayyad but i'm not sure. I downloaded the fix you posted and turned it back on after I'd played a decade without but I got the same problem soon after on a different date.

6aW1q8A.jpg

Sorry for the huge screenshot. I'm not playing ironman, if that helps.

I honestly would know how to troubleshoot this, as I never do pre-1066 starts.

What I will tell you is that my title events only trigger for feudal realms. Perhaps the Charlmagne start has some oddities with the realm types, as this was really before the rise of feudalism.

EDIT: What you can do is type "charinfo 1" into the console and look for any flags that you see for the characters.

In the meantime, I will localize event texts so that we can get an idea of what is firing and why.

Thanks for the swift reply!
I don't know much about modding, but the flags I'm looking for the ones I see when I hover over my rulers portrait yes? Should I look at the popes, since this is properly his event, or anyone else of my dynasty? I tried clicking a few decisions and starting a holy war with the Umayyads to see if that's what triggered it but nothing I did triggered it, as far as I can tell. All the counties I've conquered have been feudal when I've taken them.

Thanks for the swift reply!
I don't know much about modding, but the flags I'm looking for the ones I see when I hover over my rulers portrait yes? Should I look at the popes, since this is properly his event, or anyone else of my dynasty? I tried clicking a few decisions and starting a holy war with the Umayyads to see if that's what triggered it but nothing I did triggered it, as far as I can tell. All the counties I've conquered have been feudal when I've taken them.
Okay, yeah, if you have "charinfo 1" enabled, then at the bottom of the character's tooltip, you will see flags. Example of a flag I use, "dowager_duchess". Anyone who has this flag is granted the appropriate title and clothing.

New Version released - v1.2

Changelog:

• Grandchildren of Kings & Emperors are called "Lord" or "Lady"
  • Wives of Grandsons of Kings & Emperors are called "Lady"
  • Bastard children of Kings & Emperors are called "Lord" or "Lady"
  • Wives of Bastard children of Kings & Emperors are called "Lady"
  • Children of Dukes are called "Lord" or "Lady"
  • Wives of sons of Dukes are called "Lady".
  • Anyone titled "Lord" or "Lady" dresses in the same manner as a Count or Countess would.

Attachments

• R&F.zip
    28,7 KB · Views: 30
  • ck2_13.png
    ck2_13.png
    346,5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I am also aware of a bug where the nickname for wives of princes scopes to the wrong realm. I have tried multiple different approaches to granting it, but the issue is still unresolved.

If anyone has any ideas on how to get it to scope to the correct realm, feel free to pass them on to me.

You currently scope to [Root.PrimaryTitle.GetBaseName] ...who is ROOT, in this case? The prince's wife? Does she even have a title of her own?

If not, why not try [Root.Spouse.Father.PrimaryTitle.GetBaseName]?

And, if I may ask, why don't you use realm_in_name for those?

You currently scope to [Root.PrimaryTitle.GetBaseName] ...who is ROOT, in this case? The prince's wife? Does she even have a title of her own?

If not, why not try [Root.Spouse.Father.PrimaryTitle.GetBaseName]?

And, if I may ask, why don't you use realm_in_name for those?

Dynamic localizations in nicknames world a little differently, if given out via an event. In this case, it scopes to whomever receives the event (the father or mother of the Prince)