• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How do you get this on the Steam version? I can't seem to find it in the Workshop.
Its extremely outdated, although the map stuff in central africa for the most part is being integrated into my mod.

if you want improved Africa, check either Lux Invicta mod or Hustorical Immersion Project, pariculary the SWMH map (which I personaly would recommend - IMHO Afrrica there is far better than here, but I'm not netral since I made that map)

It's a shame we don't have a map overhaul mod for vanilla that mods can freely use. Like Crack's map, but based on the vanilla map.

It's a shame we don't have a map overhaul mod for vanilla that mods can freely use. Like Crack's map, but based on the vanilla map.
But Crackd's map is based on the vanilla map with a different projection.

That's the point, a map overhaul but with the vanilla projection would be useful. Re-drawn provinces basically, and more rivers.
well, once you do redraw provinces you do realize that the vanilla projection just doesn't fit the reality you try to acheive in province borders and thus you need to change the projection. There's nothing more about it.

You can't even call what vanilla has a projection. It's drawn to look like Europe, but it's only loosely based on reality. An artist sat down, looked at a real map and just drew it. Which is pretty meh considering we have GIS technology and can do a better job in half the time without any inaccuracy in any projection desired.

That's the point, a map overhaul but with the vanilla projection would be useful. Re-drawn provinces basically, and more rivers.
Crack'd's map remains the best base though, as it is with vanilla provinces.

when you find the name can you write it here so I can download it thanks

It's called the Central African map expansion. On Steam Workshop and one of the best mods of the type I've used.