• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I was thinking of "splitting up" the province-file into several pieces and delegate them out to volunteers that want to mod a specific region, and the paste all bits together again. A grand discussion will also be needed, which someone will have to supervise. I don't know if I will have the time to organise such things...

Is it possible to make it easier for West Friesland and perhaps Oldenburg to change culture to Frisian when conquered, at least early in the game? West Friesland in particular is at this point still essentially Frisian. Perhaps it should be easy for Frisians to get a claim on these counties as well. Not sure if any of this is moddable though.. Just seems like a fun idea to try to recreate frisia magna in the game :)

*and this coming from a Groninger.... I should be ashamed of myself :p

I was thinking of "splitting up" the province-file into several pieces and delegate them out to volunteers that want to mod a specific region, and the paste all bits together again. A grand discussion will also be needed, which someone will have to supervise. I don't know if I will have the time to organise such things...

If you look in the Map Mod Testing thread, you'll be able to find the latest post with my Horizon mod that lets you play with a 3072x3072 map instead of a 20482048 one, which basically means some of the too small but justified provinces can be added in a clickable fashion. Apart from that, I might help to the best of my ability, because Denmark is a mess, really.

Is it possible to make it easier for West Friesland and perhaps Oldenburg to change culture to Frisian when conquered, at least early in the game? West Friesland in particular is at this point still essentially Frisian. Perhaps it should be easy for Frisians to get a claim on these counties as well. Not sure if any of this is moddable though.. Just seems like a fun idea to try to recreate frisia magna in the game :)

*and this coming from a Groninger.... I should be ashamed of myself :p

Westfriesland should be Frisian at the early starting date in this mod. I don't know about making Oldenburg so that it will become Frisian faster. I don't know how to do it. And even if I would, I probably wouldn't mess with it because that's not really within the 'limits' of the mod I want to make anymore. I'm sorry.
Feel free to mod it yourself, though. If such a mini-mod is created, it should be 100% compatible with this mod! :)

If you look in the Map Mod Testing thread, you'll be able to find the latest post with my Horizon mod that lets you play with a 3072x3072 map instead of a 20482048 one, which basically means some of the too small but justified provinces can be added in a clickable fashion. Apart from that, I might help to the best of my ability, because Denmark is a mess, really.

I should look into that! Thanks for posting. But as I said earlier, I'm not sure if I'll ever get to it. As almost everyone here, I have some other non-CK3 related things to manage as well :p

I can see the culture of Westfriesland being Frisian, but a claim? I don't think the Brunonen Counts of Friesland ever had much interest in seizing the western Frisian lands of the Holland family. And for now the game has Frisia being alternately part of Sticht, Gelre or Holland. One of them were already lords of Westfriesland, the bishops already had a claim for seperate reasons and failed, and the last couldn't even get the eastern part of Friesland under control. Friesland would need to have a reigning noble family of its own in the game that can have claims. And since Friesland was more similar to a republic than a county, we'd probably have to wait for Paradox to make some expansion that allows you to play one, see if Friesland gets changed to reflect that, and how such an add-on would handle claims by a republic.

I hate to rub it in your face, but you'll have to be content with the Hollanders remaking the Kingdom of Friesland. They have Frisian ancestry though, so that makes it almost acceptable.

Maybe you should also add the prince-bishopric of Cambrai,
It was also a part of the Duchy of Lower Lorraine.
If you'd like, I'd love to do some research on the different bishops of Cambrai

Cambrai is just a tad too small to include. I've already removed Stavelot for that reason.

Maybe Réthel could be an interesting addition ?

I can see the culture of Westfriesland being Frisian, but a claim? I don't think the Brunonen Counts of Friesland ever had much interest in seizing the western Frisian lands of the Holland family. And for now the game has Frisia being alternately part of Sticht, Gelre or Holland. One of them were already lords of Westfriesland, the bishops already had a claim for seperate reasons and failed, and the last couldn't even get the eastern part of Friesland under control. Friesland would need to have a reigning noble family of its own in the game that can have claims. And since Friesland was more similar to a republic than a county, we'd probably have to wait for Paradox to make some expansion that allows you to play one, see if Friesland gets changed to reflect that, and how such an add-on would handle claims by a republic.

I hate to rub it in your face, but you'll have to be content with the Hollanders remaking the Kingdom of Friesland. They have Frisian ancestry though, so that makes it almost acceptable.

Sorry for the late reply, didn't check back for a while -_- I see your point about the claims, you're entirely right about it. Quite honestly I'm happy with the way it is now =)

Only wonder if I can combine this with some balance mods etc. (like CK2Plus, or hanseatic trade mod) Though I suspect they would have conflicts.

Only wonder if I can combine this with some balance mods etc. (like CK2Plus, or hanseatic trade mod) Though I suspect they would have conflicts.

I haven't fully tested it, but I think it should work if you first install CK2plus (including the 'No New Empires' file), and then copy the files of this mod into the same folder. I think CK2Plus should work, except for the extra kingdoms empires.
You are very welcome to try it out, and report your experiences here.

Hi, very nice mod! Do you plan to rework the provinces too? I mean will you remove and/or add baronies/bishophrics/cities according to their actual existence in history and especially in 1066?