• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My plan is to make a new thread when we reach "feature complete" alpha release. I don't want a huge profile for this right now until we release alpha. I actually feel that we are getting close to alpha. Adding the vampire mechanics of frenzy, province blood, bad hunting, masquerade and elysium violations, spawned witch-hunters will do a lot to improve the "vampiness" of the mod.

After that, additional changes will mostly likely be related to balance and cosmetics (more variation in coats of arms, custom portraits for Nosferatu, custom portraits for werewolf's in Crinos form, etc...). I don't see a reason to delay Alpha release for those. So, I'm thinking we can be there by August some time.

Good idea on the influence reset, but I think maybe a minor reduction would be best if its a peaceful succession of power. If I've groomed my vampire childe to take over while I plan to go into torpor, I'm going to introduce him to my ghouls and line him up to take over as domitors (did you know that ghouls are only "bound" for about a year? Unlike vampires who are bound permanently unless something special happens). I've you've got black mail on the city watch commander, then hand that black mail to the new prince.... the new prince still has the black mail.

I do believe there is a mechanic by which if a new religion (covenant) takes over, the existing "religious" buildings get destroyed. I could see that for when werewolves seize a city from vampires, or even if a rival covenant seizes a city (Belial's Brood takes a city from Lancea Sanctum).

It could get complicated or potentially very annoying if there was a decision for every building on every holding on transition. The AI would do it fast, but a human player might hate that many click throughs.

What might be more important mechanic would be allowing a vampire prince to decide to cut off ghouled influence from blood, reducing the blood cost to the province. But ghouls take about 1 vampire blood a month, while the average vampire is consume 30 units of human blood a month, so kicking out a vampire is way more effective than reducing the long term ghoul population.

(Just noticed an issue with the building code I posted. I fixed it, now dominate_4 or dominate_5 is an allow trigger for conditioning)

I have taken a look at the building code and it looks quite appealing.

May I give a couple suggestions?

a) regarding, clan-specific building: I recall that in the last chapter of one of the DA:V/V:tDA companions, there were mentions of "blood roses": plants that steal blood from the careless individual that is hurt by its thorns. The companion mentioned that some Toreador found the resulting fruit, plain of blood, a delicacy, and the plants were cultivated in gardens by some of the Artisans. Maybe it would be a good flavour building for Daeva?

b) I think that if you have a good enough relation with your nosferatu priscus, you should be able to convey his aid in the form of requesting him to use de warrens. In other words, it would be cool that if the priscus/wips/primogen has enough opinion of you and you are not of clan Nosferatu, you still can build the warrens.
(you can set a building that is only built by event negating the effect of the warrens if the opinion of the relevant character drops below the set threshold).
The same would go for the other clans once they get their own buildings.

Yes, you are right about the influence levels preserving when a province passes from sire to child. I was thinking more in the case of a foreign military conquest.

I didn't quite understood the part about the destruction of religious buildings and annoying decision, though

Ok, I see, now. As far as I know, it doesn't have to do with decisions or maintenance events, but rather with the potential or prerrequisites clause of the mod definition. If a building requires religion = x and after completion the requisite is no longer fulfilled, the building dissappear. Which takes me to another (petty) issue: the localisation of the buildings is all well and fine for vampire, but the "ghouled" level localisation is probably bad for other supernaturals.

Ok, I see, now. As far as I know, it doesn't have to do with decisions or maintenance events, but rather with the potential or prerrequisites clause of the mod definition. If a building requires religion = x and after completion the requisite is no longer fulfilled, the building dissappear. Which takes me to another (petty) issue: the localisation of the buildings is all well and fine for vampire, but the "ghouled" level localisation is probably bad for other supernaturals.
There is already a requirement to be a vampire to have a ghouled ”building”.

wow, overlooked that, sorry. Then try to test this: play as a vampire, build a ghouled guard, switch to a werewolf and give to the werewolf character that holding. In theory, the ghouled guard building should dissappear.

Extending the effect of buildings dissappearing to changes bethween different covenants or covenants group would involve either a) making paralel building chains with each covenant as requisite, or b) have a maintenane event in the on_new_holder on_action that destroys the intended buildings upon change of holder (don't know if b) is technically possible though)

Princes of Darkness version 0.1.6 (Download) (Change Log) (Screenshots)

Princes of Darkness Version 0.1.6
DOWNLOAD

Change Log for Version 0.1.6

Mod greatly stabilized. Should now run many centuries before a crash.

Unit types & Retinues: Reverted 0.1.5 changes to unit types and retinues. Now like vanilla.

New Bookmark! 1142: Rise of the Invictus Empire

EEIZYJI.jpg

Unlike the 1250 shattered world bookmark, 1142 has several empires:
  • Das Heiligen Nacht Reich (Germany, Bavaria, Lotharinga and Magdeburg, Leipzig) led by the Imperator Hardestadt the Elder of Magdeburg (German Invictus Ventrue)
  • Adamantes Athanatoi (equivalent of the ERE) led by Basileus Michael of Byzantium (Greek Adamantes Athanatoi Daeva)
  • Ager Sanguinis (the Crusader states of Kingdom of Jersualem, Tripoli, Antioch, Edessa, Cilicia, Cyprus) led by Crusader Saint Baldwin (Frankish Lancea Sanctum Nosferatu)
  • Midgard (Norway, Sweden, Denmark) led by Odin the All-High of Uppland (Circle of the Crone Gangrel)
  • Duchy of Ireland led by Duke Palladius of Dublin (Irish Invictus Ventrue)
  • Kingdom of Hungary (Hungary, Slavonia, Dalmatia and Croatia) Monarch Bulscu (Hungarian Invictus Arpad dynasty Ventrue)
  • Voivodate (Wallachia, Bulgaria, Serbia) led by Voivode of Voivodes Vladimir Rustovitch (Vlach Circle of the Crone Tzimisce dynasty Ventrue)
  • Sea of Shadows (Sicily, Aragorn, Mediterranean Islands) led by Lord Montano, King of Sicily, Aragon, Cyprus, Sardina, Corsica and Crete (Italian Nameless Lasombra dynasty Ventrue)
  • Courts of Love (France, Aquataine) led by Queen Salianna of Paris (Frankish Lancea Sanctum Daeva)
  • Baronies of Avalon (England, Wales, Brittany) led by Lord Mithras of London (Saxon Invictus Ventrue)
  • al-Amin Caliphate led by Caliph Fadi, Sultan of Mespotamia, Syria and Arabia (Levantine al-Amin Ventrue)
  • Banu Shaitan Caliphate by Caliph Zubair, Sultan of Mauretania and Andalusia (Berber Banu Shaitan Mekhet)
  • Kingdom of Anatolia led by Sultan Tughril Ashina (Turkish al-Amin Gangrel wolf-blooded)
  • Kingdom of Egypt led by Sultana Nephthys (Egyptian Unaligned Mekhet Khaibit)
  • Kingdom of Volga Bulgaria led by Crone Baba Yaga (Russian Circle of the Crone Nosferatu Yagnatia)
  • Kingdom of Turkestan led by Sultana Ceylan (Turkish Ivory Claw Ashina)
  • Legend of the Bone Shadows, Illi (Berber Irraka Bone Shadows)
  • Legend of the Blood Talons, Freya Freki, Queen of Norway (Norse Rahu Blood Talon)
  • Legend of the Hunters in Darkness, Emir of Oman, Sanaa, Damman and Medina (Bedouin Hunters in Darkness)
  • Legend of the Iron Masters, King of Pomerania and Frisia (Pommeranian Iron Masters)
  • Legend of the Storm Lords, King of Rus and Ruthenia (Russian Storm Lords)
  • Legend of the Fire-Touched, King of Cumania and Turkestan (Cuman Fire-Touched)
  • Legend of the Ivory Claws, King of Malwa (Hindustanti Ivory Claws)
  • Legend of the Predator Kings, King of Perm and Finland (Predator Kings)
  • Legend of the Bale Hounds, King of Scotland, (Scottish Bale Hounds)

Most empires have some degree of centralization. Most empires have some variant of elective (a few have seniority or tanis). There is a new holder maintenance event which will cause a titular empire to be destroyed if held by the wrong supernatural type, religion or culture.

Note: in the 1142 bookmark, the recommended characters are largely the only playable characters. If you want to play a duke or count, select the 1250 bookmark; or start up at 1142, let the game run a few turns, save game, load save game and pick anywhere on the map.

iXV6kcf.jpg

Geography

Set all cultures to not use dynasty names for primary title. If you want to see dynasties, there is a map tab for that!
Made Hungary have Hungarian characters. Moved some Pencheng to former Hungarian territory, north of the Black Sea. Decreased Avar characters. All of dejure Wallachia is now Vlach and Circle of the Crone. Increased Invictus and Circle of the Crone vampires in Hungary, reduced Fire-Touched Werewolves. Added Hungarians to Ungvar, removed Croats. Removed some Bohemians for more Hungarians.
Add Seljuk/Turkish migration to Anatolia. Adjusted religion, culture accordingly. Lancea Sanctum now dominates the crusader states, while al-Amin and Ivory Claws followed the Turkish invasion. There is some character work left to do so that we don't have Greek al-Amin.
All Norse Storm Lords replaced with Norse Blood Talons. Dutch Lancea Sanctum replaced with Dutch Iron Masters. Blood Talons, Storm Lords in Scotland and Ireland replaced with Bale Hounds.
Created 5 holy sites for every religion to address 2.1.6 bug (too differentiate holy sites later).

If supernaturals convert to "innocent", they will subsequently become unaligned or ghost wolves.

hCm26SM.jpg

Vampires

Forsworn/Belial's Brood: now a significant Covenant (religion group). Actually exists as religion group with various factions as religions:
  • Nameless
  • Mercy Seat
  • Roaring Serpent
  • Throne of Smokeless Fire
  • Pandaemonium

Djinn has been eliminated a separately religion, with holdings distributed to Smokeless Throne and Unaligned.
Increased county holding substantially. They are smaller than Lancea Sanctum or Invictus, about the size of the Circle of the Crone, al-Amin, Ivory Claws, Mara-Dharma--they are spread over a wide geographic area.
Forsworn unholy orders:
  • The Hidden
  • Archons
  • Antinomians
  • Faustians
  • Djinn
  • Hyletics

Forsworn mercenaries:
  • the Black Hand
  • Manus Nigrum
  • Talmahera
  • Baali
  • Sabbat

Therion dynasty will appear for some Forswon.
Forsworn also have their own revenant families who are hireable as mercenaries and have ancesteral county holdings, the Duolosi:
  • Androphonis
  • Anleemoni
  • Avigsonne
  • Carcassonne
  • D'habi
  • Diakonos
  • Schiavari

Revenants/Ghoul Families

Added all named revenant families from OWOD and NWOD. They exist as hireable mercenaries, dynasties, an as well as often claiming single counties for their ancesteral homelands.
The families:
  • Asmundarson
  • Basarab
  • Bratovitch
  • Crassus
  • Cult of Nirriti
  • Danislaw
  • Enrathi
  • Grimaldi
  • Khazi
  • Krevcheski
  • Marijava
  • Narov
  • Obertus
  • Oprichniki
  • Premysl
  • Rafastio
  • Rustovitch
  • Ruthvenski
  • Szantovich (Zanatosa)
  • Vlaszy

tbC7CzC.png

Mercenaries

Some clan specific mercenaries added:
  • The Carnival (Daeva)
  • Larvae (Gangrel)
  • Angustri (Mekhet)
  • Noctuku (Nosferatu)
  • the Last State (Ventrue)

Added some Ashirra/Islamic/Arabic mercenaries:
  • Assamites
  • Ashirra
  • Banu Haqim
  • Bay't Majnoon
  • Bay't Muirim
  • Bay't Mushakis
  • Bay't Mutasharid
  • Qabilat al-Khayal
  • Qabilat al-Mawt
  • Ray'een al-Fen
  • Wah'Sheen
  • Walid Set

Added some Dark Age Inquisitor supernatural hunter mercenaries
  • House Murnau
  • Oculi Dei
  • Sisters of Saint John
  • The Red Order
  • The Order of the Poor Knights of the Passion of the Cross of Acre

rmsczPu.png

Rebels: Rebel Dukes now are supernatural as appropriate; as are their courtiers.

Sped up Technology/Influence Level Increase

WRONG_GOV_FORM_TAX_MOD = 0

evO4H19.jpg

Massive building overhaul:

• Bribed (Level 1): First stage of controlling a resource. Quick and cheap to do with small reward. 1 week, 10 gold. +1 light_infantry
  • Influenced (Level 2): Second stage of controlling a resource. Moderate time, moderate cost with moderate reward. 1 month, 50 gold. +10 light_infantry
  • Controlled (Level 3): Third stage of controlling a resource. Large time, large cost with large reward. 1 year, 500 gold. +100 light_infantry
  • Ghouled (Level 1.G): For vampires only and costs province blood. Quick and cheap to do with large reward. 1 week, 10 gold, +100 light_infantry. But costs 1 province blood every month, and has a trigger of a high provnice blood to do.
  • Conditioned (Level 2.C): For vampires with Dominate IV. Large time, moderate cost with a large reward. 6 months, 250 gold. +75 light_infantry. This will give Ventrue a subsantial edge over other vampires in influencing society.

Not all building/influence will have these options and paths; but most will.

Example of levels for a Brothel:
  • Bribed Whore (Level 1)
  • Influenced Pimp (Level 2)
  • Controlled Brothel (Level 3)
  • Ghouled Madam (Level 1.G)
  • Conditioned Whores (Level 2.C)

Kinds of buildings/influence:
  • Castle Guard: heavy infantry, pikemen, garrison
  • Knightly Order: knights, light cavalry
  • Militia: light infantry, archers, garrison
  • Inn: gold, blood
  • Bandits: light cavalry, gold
  • Brothel: gold, blood
  • Tavern: gold, blood
  • Night Watch of the City Guard: pikemen, heavy infantry, archers, helps masquerade, garrison
  • Street gang: light infantry, gold, influence spread, economic influence, garrison
  • Temple Guard: light infantry, heavy infantry, garrison
  • Monastery: gold, blood
  • Convent: gold, blood
  • Smugglers: ships, gold, light infantry
  • Haven: add fort level, garrison, 5 levels
  • Elysium: reduces vampire frenzy, helps masquerade
  • Hell Hound Kennels: fort level
  • Nosferatu Warrens: fort level
  • Kinfolk: special influence that adds light infantry for werewolves to balance vampire ghouls.

Last edited:
Spome little very minor thing I've noticed in the starting screen, previous to hitting "play":
-Esclarmonde the Black is mispelled as Esclarmone. Also, she's labelled a Princess, where in the lore (at least Dark Ages: Vampre - Europe it is stated that event female rulers are adressed as "Prince"

-also, it seems that every vampire is old-looking again. Have you tried setting the vampire trait at say, twenty years after the character's birth? Bah, scratch that, I tried, and it had no effect :-(.

But it "might be" another workaround: in the prior version you had set all the graphical culture tu use the youg portrait at all ages, right? Well, you could do this: rename the cultures with only young portraits from, say, frankish to frankish_vampire., and then have a maintenance event that set_graphical_culture for any character that has a "normal" graphical culture to its vampirical counterpart.

My vampires all look young.

1CrmKyh.jpg

In regular game play, the age portrait gets set to the age when a character gets the immortal trait.
For characters that are old as defined by \history\characters\POD_characters ... I had to cheat a little.

\common\defines.lua:
Code:
PORTRAIT_MID_AGE_THRESHOLD = 275,				-- Middle age switch for character portraits
PORTRAIT_OLD_AGE_THRESHOLD = 600,				-- Old age switch for character portraits

So, characters younger than 600 shouldn't get an old age portrait. One negative is that means that mortals, werewolves, etc... that live past 65, etc... aren't getting old age portraits either. However, more people complain about old looking vampires, than they do about old courtiers who'll be dead before the next century looking too young. ;)

Why are you still getting old looking vampires? Could be a couple of things.

1) if you jump back and forth between bookmarks on the loading screen... then weird things happen with the clock.
2) did you delete your C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\Princes of Darkness directory?

Always delete that directory before loading a new version of the mod.

(Sometimes female princes are called princess, sometimes prince, sometimes queen, etc... but I'll make the change for Esclarmonde. If you are very nice, I'll even get her the custom nickname. I took a bit of license by making her Belial's Brood)

(I've made a lot of things that should be very easy for you to adapt to a old World of Darkness Dark Ages canon mod, if you are still working on that)

But it "might be" another workaround: in the prior version you had set all the graphical culture tu use the youg portrait at all ages, right? Well, you could do this: rename the cultures with only young portraits from, say, frankish to frankish_vampire., and then have a maintenance event that set_graphical_culture for any character that has a "normal" graphical culture to its vampirical counterpart.

Doing that for every culture will be tedious. Why don't you try to implement it. If it works, send me the files and I'll incorporate it.

Some observations during a 1250 random vampire english playthrough:

-the technology tab has some localisation issues: the line about tech cost "<cost>/<points you have>" appears as "A<cost>/<points you have>A", and the buildings unlocked by the different technologies show as nobuilding I, nobuilding II, etc.

-some temple buildings lack localisation, specially the covenant line

-the +1 diplomacy effect of the elyseum building does not work (the diplomacy of the ruler stays the same before and after building it.

-the building costs seem a bit unbalanced. In general, the lines that provide fort level (bloodhounds, safe havens) cost above 100, while the lines giving troops and tax start around 15, when the ones that provide tax and troop are in fact the more valuable ones, at least for the player. Starting as 1 county and sacking my neighbours to finance my buildings I can easily have x4 their troops, and from them, the snowballing is almost unstoppable (well, maybe I have to mention that I have been quite lucky with a 28-martial sheriff, and a 24-martial one after that.

It feels frustrating when you spend your time grooming your ghouls to serve as your counts and then when checking you vassals tab, you see that a vampire has "usurped" him -via event I suspect- and you not only receive no notification, but are allowed to take no action. I think that something must be done for the player to be able to counteract in those cases.

In general ghouling is too easy. There seems to be no limits for number of ghouls, and sometimes I can give the title twice to get double opinion bonus. Also, you can bloodbind vampires several times for a stacked opinion bonus, and despite the tooltip, it cost no money after the first time at least.

Having the 1142 empires as titulars seems a bit pointless specially when most of them mirror de-jure empire. I think that "Baronies of Avalon" whould be the name of the de-jure e-britannia, "Fiefs of the Black Cross" the de_jure e_hre (well or the name you give from NWOD, which I don't recall right now), etc. And, if you decide to maintain the vampiric titles as separate entities, I think that the clan requisites should be dropped: In the courts of love (DA:V Europe for reference) there were a sort of equilibrium between toreador and ventrue, where the courts of love were toreador, but the Great court and the Princedom of Paris was controlled by Ventrue (Alexander, then Geoffrey). Also, it seems that in the 1197 setting of V:tDA there were several clans disputing the rulership in germany.

A similar case can be made in favour of dropping the cultural requisites: Mithras for example saw himself as of Roman culture, and he was the founder of the Baronies of Avalon, so requiring to be anglo-saxon seems to be an artificial restriction.

I'm still confused by the fact that you gain gold from diablerie and draining mortals. Why does that happen?

I think that what the game lacks just now is basically some more plots to spice the game (maybe adapting those of CK"+ or AO?) and WoD specific flavor.

---

As of my project, yes, is still on, but I'm yet compiling information from the DA:V and V:tDA sourcebooks. That, and waiting for the completed map of SWMH to be released, since Asamul has given me permission to base it off their map. (I think I will go with vampire-ruled dominated cities in the duchies capitals and human-led provinces (with werewolves, mages and other creatures laater on) elsewhere. But I certainly will steal your icons and flags, although I think that the history files for characters will need to be redone from scratch

-the technology tab has some localisation issues: the line about tech cost "<cost>/<points you have>" appears as "A<cost>/<points you have>A", and the buildings unlocked by the different technologies show as nobuilding I, nobuilding II, etc.

-some temple buildings lack localisation, specially the covenant line

Will fix.

-the +1 diplomacy effect of the elyseum building does not work (the diplomacy of the ruler stays the same before and after building it.
Known issue. Those sort of modifiers seem only to apply to Family Palaces. If I want that functionality, I can probably use the presence of such a building in a capital to spawn a modifier on a monthly event tick.

-the building costs seem a bit unbalanced. In general, the lines that provide fort level (bloodhounds, safe havens) cost above 100, while the lines giving troops and tax start around 15, when the ones that provide tax and troop are in fact the more valuable ones, at least for the player. Starting as 1 county and sacking my neighbours to finance my buildings I can easily have x4 their troops, and from them, the snowballing is almost unstoppable (well, maybe I have to mention that I have been quite lucky with a 28-martial sheriff, and a 24-martial one after that.
Level 1 Castle Guard is cheap, but it gives very little (+1 heavy infantry, +0.01 garrison). Controlled Castle Guard(Level 3) costs 500 gold and takes a year to complete for 0.10 garrison, 50 heavy infantry and 25 pikeman. As comparison, Level 5 Haven costs 400 gold, takes 3.5 years to build and gives 0.10 garrison, 0.5 fort level. So level 5 Haven costs less than Controlled Castle Guard. Level 1 Haven also gives 0.10 garrison and 0.5 fort level for just 75 gold and is done in a year. I'm open to making balancing changes on buildings, but I'd like us to play it a bit to see how it plays out. One change I made was adding a Kinfolk line for Werewolves to make them a bit more competitive with Vampire ghouling, and also making "Conditioned" an option for Werewolves with enough Dominance gift (to be the equivalent of Ventrue).

It feels frustrating when you spend your time grooming your ghouls to serve as your counts and then when checking you vassals tab, you see that a vampire has "usurped" him -via event I suspect- and you not only receive no notification, but are allowed to take no action. I think that something must be done for the player to be able to counteract in those cases.
This is by design. It is by decision. mod\Princes_of_Darkness_v_0.1.6\decisions\POD_abdicate_supe_vassal_decisions

Code:
	mortal_abdicate_title_decision = {
		from_potential = {
			is_ruler = yes
			trait = "mortal"
			NOT = { trait = "supe_hunter" }
			NOT = { is_patrician = yes }
			ai = yes
		}

potential = {
			OR = {			
					trait = "vampire"
					trait = "werewolf" 
					trait = "mage" 
					trait = "changeling" 
					trait = "demon" 
					trait = "promethean" 
					trait = "supe_hunter"
					}
		}
		allow = {
			NOT = { trait = "slow" }
			NOT = { trait = "torpor" }
			NOT = { trait = "imbecile" }
			}
		effect = {
			FROM = {
					abdicate_to = PREV
					}
			set_character_flag = NWOD_TOOK_TITLE_FROM_MORTAL
		}
		revoke_allowed = {
			always = no
		}
		ai_will_do = {
				factor = 3
						modifier = {
				factor = 1.1
				opinion = { who = FROM value = 50 }
			}
			modifier = {
				factor = 1.5
				OR = {
						learning = 10
						martial = 10
						stewardship = 10
						diplomacy = 10
						intrigue = 10
						trait = "genius"
						trait = "quick"
						trait = "strong"
						trait = "brilliant_strategist"
						trait = "elusive_shadow"
						trait = "grey_eminence"
						trait = "midas_touched"
						trait = "mastermind_theologian"
						trait = "scholarly_theologian"
						trait = "fortune_builder"
						trait = "skilled_tactician"
						trait = "charismatic_negotiator"
						trait = "intricate_webweaver"
					}
				}

modifier = {
		factor = 0.9
		trait = "neonate"
	}

modifier = {
		factor = 1.5
		trait = "ancilla"
	}

modifier = {
		factor = 2.0
		trait = "elder"
	}

modifier = {
		factor = 1.1
		trait = "proud"
		}

modifier = {
		factor = 0.9
		trait = "content"
		}

modifier = {
		factor = 1.1
		trait = "ambitious"
		}

modifier = {
		factor = 1.1
		trait = "envious" 
		}

modifier = {
		factor = 0.9
		trait = "humble"
		}

modifier = {
		factor = 0.9
		trait = "patient"
		}

}
	}

An ambitious/envious/etc... supernatural (not ghouls, not revenants) character likely with a good career or good stat (but not slow, imbecile or torpor) will usurp a title from a mortal character (including ghouls, but not revenants).

Practically speaking, you sent a ghoul to a county 50 to 100 miles away from you and you expect them to hold domain over all the supernaturals in the county?

I largely put in this fix to decrease the number of domains controlled by mortals. Sometimes it would happen. This annoyed me greatly. I could make an exception for ghouls. On the other hand, players can embrace up to five characters. So, that's five potential single-county counts. And nothing stopping you from assigning multiple counties to the same childer. Only landed AI vampires currently make childer (and then usually only 1-2 at first, and then 1 every 50 years, maybe). A player could rather quickly have 5 childer and 5 to 10 grand childer. That seems like a pretty large brood. Expecting the player to land other supernaturals (maybe of their dynasty, or their clan, etc...) doesn't seem like a burden at all given that player vampires have great control over their heirs (they choose their childer, not subject to random fertility woes).

In general ghouling is too easy. There seems to be no limits for number of ghouls, and sometimes I can give the title twice to get double opinion bonus.

Known issue. lose_effect in title_ghoul under common\minor_titles\POD_vampire_titles does not work properly. Might set up a monthly maintenance event to clear ghoul status if not possessing minor title and replace with addiction modifier. In Requiem/NWOD, blood binding of a mortal actually wears off pretty fast without a monthly hit of blood. Would be good to ask a flavor event with former ghoul begging for vamp blood, and then if not getting any, moving over to a new domain and begging a different vamp.

Also, you can bloodbind vampires several times for a stacked opinion bonus, and despite the tooltip, it cost no money after the first time at least.

Will fix next release. Also, need to add the blood bind intrigue plot.

Having the 1142 empires as titulars seems a bit pointless specially when most of them mirror de-jure empire. I think that "Baronies of Avalon" whould be the name of the de-jure e-britannia, "Fiefs of the Black Cross" the de_jure e_hre (well or the name you give from NWOD, which I don't recall right now), etc. And, if you decide to maintain the vampiric titles as separate entities, I think that the clan requisites should be dropped: In the courts of love (DA:V Europe for reference) there were a sort of equilibrium between toreador and ventrue, where the courts of love were toreador, but the Great court and the Princedom of Paris was controlled by Ventrue (Alexander, then Geoffrey). Also, it seems that in the 1197 setting of V:tDA there were several clans disputing the rulership in germany.

I will relax some requirements on forming certain vampire titular empires. Still likely to be High Clan only for European vampires. Some are like vanilla De Jure, some are not (Sea of Shadows, Voivodate). Some are very easy to get... I might make all the werewolf tribal empires titular caliphates. I was thinking about also creating some moon phase titular kingdoms.

A similar case can be made in favour of dropping the cultural requisites: Mithras for example saw himself as of Roman culture, and he was the founder of the Baronies of Avalon, so requiring to be anglo-saxon seems to be an artificial restriction.

Random courtiers spawn with the religion and culture of the capital holder. For 1142, it seemed like Mithras "going native" so that he could speak to and socialize with the Anglo-Saxons seems far more plausible than a court of 20 or so Roman courtiers. Character culture doesn't depict actual origin, it depicts current cultural practices (that is, a land holder can convert to the culture of a province... so as to reduce an opinion malus and avoid cultural revolts). Only a small number of canon characters exist for which this is an issue, of those... they are old and likely to torpor. Easy enough for you to change if its really bugging you. I'm inclined to leave it as it is. It wasn't an accident.

I'm still confused by the fact that you gain gold from diablerie and draining mortals. Why does that happen?
Legacy from when using Gold as Blood. Nothing with quantitative blood pool has been coded yet (though blood potency/diaberie works as expected). I'll be doing blood for the next release.

I think that what the game lacks just now is basically some more plots to spice the game (maybe adapting those of CK"+ or AO?) and WoD specific flavor.

I agree. I'll post a To-Do list for the next release. Its going to focus on coding blood pools (individual, provincial) and flavor events. After that... I'd like to have some Nosferatu and Werewolf portraits. Then Alpha Release and new thread.

TO DO:

• Limit Religious Conversion (Vampires should only convert to Vampire covenants. Werewolves should only convert to Werewolf tribes).
  • Disable Cultural Conversion (Humanity/Events control culture, not Vampires.)
  • Frenzy Event
  • Masquerade Breach Event
  • Elysium Violation Event
  • Witch Hunters Event/Province Modifier
  • Bad Hunting Event/Province Modifier
  • Good Hunting Event/Province Modifier
  • Witch Hunter Threat Subsides/Province Modifier
  • Grand Elysium Decision/Event Chain
  • Masquerade Restored Event
  • Masquerade Improved Event
  • Unlanded Vampire Courtier Requests to Embrace Childe Event
  • Unlanded Vampire Courtier Embraces Childe Without Permission Event
  • Ghoul Courtier Requests Embrace from Liege Event
  • Prisoner Decision: Stake Vampire
  • Prisoner Decision: Unstake Vampire
  • Summon Plot (Kidnap for Majesty)
  • Bloodbind Plot
  • Use Blood to Heal Wounded
  • Use Blood to Heal Maimed
  • Use Blood to Heal Blinded
  • Use Blood to Heal Castration
  • Use Blood to Temporarily Boost Martial (and/or other modifiers)
  • Fix vampires contracting diseases (they shouldn't)
  • Werewolf Shape Shift Decision
  • Werewolf Shape Shift Portraits
  • Nosferatu Portraits
  • Remove Pope, Khans, non-Supernatural holy orders, etc...
  • Objective: Golconda
  • Objective: Become Human
  • Objective: Rule for a century
  • Fix religion icon strips
  • Expand vampire and werewolf coat of arms
  • Unlanded Vampire Childe/Werewolf requests to join Holy Order/Mercenary Band Event

Regarding Mithras: My main point wans't that Mithras should be given roman culture (I thought random characters were spawn with its province culture rather than its employer; its good to know. Do you know if it's the same with religion? That would save me a headache relative for a feature I was toying with regardint provincial religions).

Regarding ghouls: yeah, realism-wise its of course not supposed to be so easy for a ghoul to rule a supernatural society, but my point was rather that the domitor should be able to react in some way, or at list be notified of the coup.

(By the way: do you know those decision if AGOT that let you know e.g. which dragons do exists, which owner of valyrian swords are there, etc? I think a decision like that should be handy to keep track of all your ghouls (it would be handier than doing a global search for the ghould trait and sorting ir by higher opinion. Its not something functionally relevant, but a "quality of life" improvement, as they say.

Regarding forming titular empires: which clans/bloodline are regarded as high clans? I guess Ventrue and Daeva are high, Nossie and Gangrel are low, what about Mekhet?

Regarding bloodbinding plot: where you are on it, I think that diablerie should be also plot-driven, to give to the possibility to conceal the crime (of course if will be difficult if a character with enough auspex (I think level 3?) is in the same court.

Is it intentional that obfuscate is avaiable to every clan?

On an irrelevant notes, save for eventual minmaxers: it seems like a livian ventrue is the best combination regarding disciplines: acces to theban sorcery, cruac (or another religious-specific discipline) and dominate, with its special buildings.

Ah, I almost forgot. Many vampires in Britain seen able to catch Measles. I doubt that all of then caught it before the embrace, so maybe the health events need a revision.

Regarding Mithras: My main point wans't that Mithras should be given roman culture (I thought random characters were spawn with its province culture rather than its employer; its good to know. Do you know if it's the same with religion? That would save me a headache relative for a feature I was toying with regardint provincial religions).
Yes, religion too... but you might not notice in Princes of Darkness because I shuffle religions a little on characters as they get their supernatuarl/mortal trait.

Regarding ghouls: yeah, realism-wise its of course not supposed to be so easy for a ghoul to rule a supernatural society, but my point was rather that the domitor should be able to react in some way, or at list be notified of the coup.
Perhaps I'll put a warning on the ghoul minor title decision tool tip. You do get an mention on High Priority Messages when a vassal loses their title.

(By the way: do you know those decision if AGOT that let you know e.g. which dragons do exists, which owner of valyrian swords are there, etc? I think a decision like that should be handy to keep track of all your ghouls (it would be handier than doing a global search for the ghould trait and sorting ir by higher opinion. Its not something functionally relevant, but a "quality of life" improvement, as they say.
Sure. This can be done. You could list all the ghouls in a domain, or all the holders of the "ghoul" minor title.

Regarding forming titular empires: which clans/bloodline are regarded as high clans? I guess Ventrue and Daeva are high, Nossie and Gangrel are low, what about Mekhet?
Yes, Mekhet is *sometimes* regarded as a high clan. I haven't really implemented that prejudice any place else.

Regarding bloodbinding plot: where you are on it, I think that diablerie should be also plot-driven, to give to the possibility to conceal the crime
Sounds good, with massive advantage if the character is your prisoner. Though... something to be said for leaving it a prisoner decision... and expecting a player to capture the target through kidnap plot, imprisonment or warfare.

(of course if will be difficult if a character with enough auspex (I think level 3?) is in the same court.

Aura perception, level 2. Only Mekhet have Auspex in V:tR.

Is it intentional that obfuscate is avaiable to every clan?
Yes, its a common discipline in V:tR. The Nosferatu clan discipline is Nightmare.

On an irrelevant notes, save for eventual minmaxers: it seems like a livian ventrue is the best combination regarding disciplines: acces to theban sorcery, cruac (or another religious-specific discipline) and dominate, with its special buildings.
And Holy War option against like everybody. But then they can Holy War you too.

I may eventually get around to specific rituals (probably handle it like Elder Kings dos magic.)

Ah, I almost forgot. Many vampires in Britain seen able to catch Measles. I doubt that all of then caught it before the embrace, so maybe the health events need a revision.
Known issue. On the above To Do list. Probably need to do something special for Morbus bloodline in the future, but right now, I should limit it so vampires don't get measles, pox, etc...

Can I play the al-Amin without SoI?

Yes, you can.

Flint, I'll see if I can code the (individual, not province) blood system. What do you think of a ukpeep of 1 point per ghoul and 2 point per bloodbinding?

(I think it's not cnnonical, but there should be more expensive to have a supernatual perpetual loyalty than a "mere" human.)

How does work the vitea maximun relative to generation in NWoD? In the Old one, 14th generation has as few as 5 points if I recall correctly, and the 5th generation can have easily more than 20 (I don't have my notes here to be accurate). Is something like that needed for blood ptency?

I'll start to set the maximum at 20, with a monthy regeneration of 1. I hope to upload it this evening.

Ahl al-Jabal seize Jerusalem and Oultrejourdain

Ahl al-Jabal seize Jerusalem and Oultrejourdain!

Ahl al-Jabal are covenant of monster hunters from Syria. On October 5, 1199--Ali Jalaid of the Ahl al-Jabal was able to seize Al-Karak, Madaba, Wadi Musa, Negev, Beersheb, Darum. In September 21st, 1202--waging holy war to the very banks of the Nile he added Eilat, El-Arish and Farama.

EefNhpi.jpg

Emir Ali Jalaid had defeated Emira Titi 'the Shadow' Khaibit of Sinai--a possessed elder Mekhet of the al-Amin known for her arbitrary behavior and her thirst for even the souls of kindred. An Egyptian, Titi has retreated to lick her wounds in Aswan. She can not call on her dynasty brethren to assist her as most of the Egyptian Khaibit are unaligned Pagans under the rule of her neonate "cousin" Sultan Hanri of Egypt. The Sultan is waging a de Jure Egyptian claim war against Titi's tile of Emir of the Sinai. If successful, Sultan may then wage war against the Ahl al-Jabal for Sinai--once he figures out what to do with his elder cousin.

dA7yohr.jpg

Sultan Hanri also has his hands full, backing his 'blood brother' and heir--the powerful Emir Ilyas of Damietta's attempt to regain Alexandria from Sheikh Adherbal of Quattara, a Berber Bone Shadow werewolf who transformed under the half moon (Auspice Elodoth). Adherbal is unlikely to give up without a fight--being a skilled tactician, zealous, wrathful and cruel. He should have been born under the full moon.

5j40CCI.jpg

The followers of the Death Wolf--Kamdis-Ur have long roamed the deserts of western Egypt. It has been nearly 20 years since the Legend Illi Hammadid of the Hiratha Hissu died bedridden and infirm at the age of 68. Still, the Bone Shadows hope another of their number will reforge their empire. Some hope it will be Adherbal, while others would have preferred a direct descendant of Illi.

A9QMUNj.jpg

Illi had two children... a daughter who never changed under the moon; and a son--Mennad. Sheikh Menad Hammadid of Sijilmasa could have been a contender. His change into a lupine was promising under the full moon. Yet his Rahu auspice was tempered by his personality and education. A diligent charismatic negotiator--he could have united the werewolves across all of north Africa. He bred a large family six children from two wives; an impressive feat for someone so enraptured by his own gender. Menad though had a new way of thinking and spurned the beliefs of his ancestors; he has embraced the new ways of man and now follows the Red Wolf--Sagrim-Ur. Menad has joined the Iron Masters. At the age of 54, he is to proud to return the beliefs of his forerunners. Menad will never reforge the Hiratha Hissu empire.

8cSlFbL.jpg

Meanwhile back in Levant, the Ahl al-Jabal are about to lose a battle in Madaba against an uprising of of al-Amin vampires led by the ancilla Jahan mn Troia, a Daeva of an independent dynasty. Jahan is ambitious, zealous, diligent elusive shadow who enjoys gorging himself on the human blood. Most of Oultrejourdain and Jerusalem have not yet been sieged by Jahan, so there is hope that the Ahl al-Jabal may be able to crush this revolt.

4Ieir1Q.jpg

This is from an observed game in the 0.1.7 development build. Forced conversions have been eliminated and vampires will only convert to vampire religions, werewolves will only convert to werewolf religions, etc...

One small immersion breaking event: Vampires catching diseases.. Odin the nearly 700 year old elder getting smallpox is just.. so wrong.. lol. Will this be fixed? I ended up imprisoning him after he went into torpor and then I diablerized him.. second elder I have drained too.. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.