- Jan 24, 2008
Kings of Darkness
A World of Darkness mod for Crusader Kings 2
Download links: None yet (the mod isn't ready, nor even on beta, I will announce once the mod has enough stuff to be both playable and enjoyable)
• A horror themed mod based on (with some liberties) the (New) World of Darkness and its settings such as: Vampire the Requiem, Werewolf the Forsaken, Changeling the Lost, Mage the Awakening, Geist the Sin Eaters, Hunter the Vigil, Promethean the Created and more.
• Set in a twisted version of our Dark Ages. You will experience the world not as the mortals see it but what happens behind the veil that separates us from the supernatural. The game will reflect the domains of supernatural creatures not the petty realms of men that come and go. Beware though, if you are not careful you may attract unwanted attention from the mortal kings who may then send their armies to purge you whatever else hides in the night.
• Play as any of the supernatural creatures that exist in the WoD lore: Vampires, werewolves, changelings, geists, mages,hunters (purge the World of Darkness), prometheans, as well as their classic antagonists such as spirits, acamoths and the scelestus, corsairs of the fae, seers of the throne, banishers and other darker creatures.
• New traits and events as well as a reworking of all existing ones to fit the setting and the mood of the mod.
• A new set of cultures and religions separated in different groups for each creature type.
• A much darker and grim looking version of the normal CK2 map which adds to the atmosphere.
• New portraits for all creatures
Questions and answers:
• Do I need to be familiar with the world of darkness to understand/play/enjoy/ it? Or even to join the development team?
Definitely not. The mod will be 100% friendly to everyone. All of the needed information will be included both here on this thread(the following posts) and on the mod itself. If you just happen to like horror and vampire or werewolves you should fit in just fine. Also feel free to ask questions The same applies to team members.
•When it will be released?
At the moment I have absolutely no idea since there is still much to be done. Once things look better I may be able to come up with an aproximate release date that will be announced here.
•Do you need more people on the team?
Yes, currently I am doing this alone and though I am fairly sure that I can do the whole of it alone it will be a lot easier, faster and have even more content if more people join in. The areas where I would most appreciate support are with graphics (especially portraits), event scripting, decision scripting and helping imagine and script characters to fill the map. However modders from pretty much every area of the game will be welcomed as I can always use more people. Send me a personal message if you are interested.
•How will you handle X or Y?
Ask on the thread and I will do my best to answer. If a question is repeatedly asked by many people I will include it here.
•Is this mod in any way based or influenced by Twilight and/or similar teenage phenomenons?
Hell no! I hope you are joking or I will hand you over to real vampires. Besides how long do you think Twilight vampires would survive on the brutal World of Darkness? I bet they would last less than a day.