• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey there! I downloaded the file but it lacks the ".mod" file that makes it visible to tick in the mod list. I will try and create one myself because I really want to play this as soon as possible (will google how to make one), but just wanting to let you know that your file is lacking that

Version 2.05

Ready for Iron Century! Seems I actually got things done in a timely manner this round. One thing I didn't anticipate when creating this mod was how difficult an update would be if Paradox started making an actual effort to fix these regions (as they have partially done with Egypt now, so consider my previous changes to the kingdom null and void).

I took away a slot from Kharibta, Giza, and Jerusalem, added one to Acre (the city was ludicrously rich in the Middle Ages and the most important port in the Outremer), and added two to Faiyum. Farama is now hills and Alexandria is now desert. Apparently I forgot to update 00_silk_route at some point, so if you've noticed some blank patches on the trade map, those are now all fixed up. ;)

Last edited:
A few questions:

1. is it possible to get a copy of an earlier version of this mod?

2. what would need to be done to add the Samaritans back into the game?

3. what would need to be done to change the county slots back to vanilla or alter them? I tried just going into a file that had the # of slots listed and changed the number, but nothing changed in my game. Or would I need to start over?

4. You mention that there is a 20% chance of the mysterious Jewish courtier being Karaite. Where is that set?

I'm only a year or two into my current game and it is mostly a test run anyways, so I don't mind restarting. However, I prefer not to as I'm not done testing some things.

Thanks in advance for your time. As always, your mod is greatly appreciated by our community.

A few questions:

1. is it possible to get a copy of an earlier version of this mod?

Ah, no. I don't keep legacy files. Should probably start doing that...

2. what would need to be done to add the Samaritans back into the game?

There are many files to edit but it's straightforward to do. Do a search for 'samaritan' in Notepad++, open every file that gets a hit, and then manually copy-paste all mentions of Samaritans back into the corresponding file in Jewish Immersion (if there is no corresponding file, that just means I felt it was unnecessary to edit and you don't need to do anything).

There are a couple of files where the only change I made was removing all entries for Samaritans, so you can simply remove them from the mod.

3. what would need to be done to change the county slots back to vanilla or alter them? I tried just going into a file that had the # of slots listed and changed the number, but nothing changed in my game. Or would I need to start over?

You mean 'max_settlements ='? That's the one, but it can't change anything on an existing save file. Not sure if you can edit the save itself.

4. You mention that there is a 20% chance of the mysterious Jewish courtier being Karaite. Where is that set?

hebrew_events.txt. They are separate events from normal Jewish courtiers.

Last edited:
Version 2.06

Fixed up the single localization file and it's completely up to date for 3.2.1! I've been adding in my spare time, so there are also a few new cultural and dynastic names. As a bonus, some kingdoms and empires in Western Europe get special names when held by any one of the five Jewish cultures (they're Hebrew, so it didn't make sense to restrict to Ashkenazi/Sephardic).

This mod needs a new ruler descision: "Hire Jewish expert". Like hiring normal new courtier, but can get good skills in several stats (diplomacy, stewardship, learning). Costs twice the price of a normal courtier and also 200 piety. Often has zealot trait (to prevent too many forced conversions).

Also check out this mod:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1841403191

It has new portraits for Jewish cultures (Ashkenazi and Sephardi).

israelite.jpg

Last edited:
Version 2.07

I've added many cultural, dynastic, and dynamic map names and purged some that didn't meet my standards of accuracy. Fixed a major bug making there be much fewer Jewish courtiers in the would than there ought to be. Farama is now Egyptian culture, Yabroud is now Levantine culture, and Palmyra and Rakka are now Bedouin culture. Creating Israel no longer requires the Jerusalem province to be Judaic (the Jewish religious group).

Judaic rulers of any culture may now receive the Jewish immigration event, though it'll be a bit slower if you aren't in the Israelite group. The melting pot event works a bit differently in 2.07- there's an initial event which can't happen for about fifteen years after Israel is created, and once it fires provinces start turning Hebrew more quickly than in 2.06.

Finally, the Judaic holy sites have been moved from Semien back to Cordoba. Although I don't intend to myself, I'd like to leave room for anyone interested in creating a Haymanot mod.

Cool stuff.

Do you have any plans to change the simple Temple decision to a Great Work?
I realise there's a mod for this but I have no idea how it conflicts with this one.

Cool stuff.

Do you have any plans to change the simple Temple decision to a Great Work?
I realise there's a mod for this but I have no idea how it conflicts with this one.

Not really. I've moved on from this mod, with the news of no more changes to CKII. I've never looked at great works in the game files so I have no idea if it would be difficult or not.

If someone else were to integrate the temple mod with my own, I might consider making it the 'official' version (giving credit, of course).

Oh I didn't know that.

Take care

Version 2.09

Turns out the Scholae Palatinae was missing from the mod, and I'm annoyed enough to release a new version adding it back in. No idea why it happened (probably lost track in all my frenetic editing of landed_titles).

Unless some further egregious bug gets found, this will be the last one.

• 2Like
Reactions: