• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1690138967513.png

Should be "if" not "of" in the first sentence there.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Can I query something on the Zhangzhung mission tree "The Mountain Kingdom"
Protecting the West mission requires you to build a fortress in the territory of Kargah, but the following Walls of Gilgit mission applies a bonus only to the territory of Gilgit.
The fluff description of that territory modifier also suggests it was meant to be a national modifier? "The lessons we have learnt...can be applied throughout the nation".

Is it WAD that the modifier is only for the territory, and for a different territory to where you build the fortress?

Can I query something on the Zhangzhung mission tree "The Mountain Kingdom"
Protecting the West mission requires you to build a fortress in the territory of Kargah, but the following Walls of Gilgit mission applies a bonus only to the territory of Gilgit.
The fluff description of that territory modifier also suggests it was meant to be a national modifier? "The lessons we have learnt...can be applied throughout the nation".

Is it WAD that the modifier is only for the territory, and for a different territory to where you build the fortress?
This task has been changed in the update, thanks for reporting.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Please excuse this message if the issue has been previously reported: I recently tried a game with Carthage and noticed that neither the Council of 104 , nor the Adirim Administration Assembly Laws properly enable the associate Government Interventions (Curiate Assembly, respectively Senatorial War Council). The Council of 104 supposedly replaces the Assembly of Citizens generic Law, while the Adirim Administration replaces the Abolish all Assemblies generic law, yet the generic law names are still listed as requirements for those two decisions after choosing the Carthaginian specific laws. Thank you for looking into this.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello,

This mod is astonishing, and really breathes new life into IR. However, one of the changes that confused me is the population rework. I mean, how nobles and citizens no longer give trade routes and, in case of nobles, they only give research.

Even though I love that trade routes are not depending on pops (and thus, making your life misserable with migrations mechanics), that means that if you want to bring commerce you actually need to build a lot of ports/markets. That also means that promoting citizens and nobles no longer translates into more income, rather all the opposite.

So, my question is, once you cap research efficiency, and considering the high food cost of said pops, you better spam buildings that promote freemen and slaves in your cities, in order to get more income. In other words, there's no reason (and actually handicaps you) in promoting citizens/nobles once your research is maxed. Am I right?

If so, it looks a bit sad to me, for the mod actually motivates you to have an "uncivilized" country and there's no gain in improving the life quality of your pops and pay the costs to keep it.

I'm sorry if this was discussed elsewhere, but this forum nor Google managed to answer this question.

• 3Like
Reactions:
So, my question is, once you cap research efficiency, and considering the high food cost of said pops, you better spam buildings that promote freemen and slaves in your cities, in order to get more income. In other words, there's no reason (and actually handicaps you) in promoting citizens/nobles once your research is maxed. Am I right?
The presence of citizens and nobles still has at least an impact on the military side as long you are using levies; high level pops give you the better unit types out of the culture-dependent mixture.

Hello,

This mod is astonishing, and really breathes new life into IR. However, one of the changes that confused me is the population rework. I mean, how nobles and citizens no longer give trade routes and, in case of nobles, they only give research.

Even though I love that trade routes are not depending on pops (and thus, making your life misserable with migrations mechanics), that means that if you want to bring commerce you actually need to build a lot of ports/markets. That also means that promoting citizens and nobles no longer translates into more income, rather all the opposite.

If so, it looks a bit sad to me, for the mod actually motivates you to have an "uncivilized" country and there's no gain in improving the life quality of your pops and pay the costs to keep it.

I'm sorry if this was discussed elsewhere, but this forum nor Google managed to answer this question.
Invictus didn't change that as far as I know.

Reactions:
1.6.1 - Pantheion release
The 1.6.1 - Pantheion (can break saves) update is out.
Go check it out on the workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2532715348.
Or on the Paradox store: https://mods.paradoxplaza.com/mods/27170/Any.
You can also join the community on Discord: https://discord.gg/5K9fd3qSjx.

If you're in need of some basic tutorials and tips, I made a series showing some of the most effective strategies and common mistakes: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxHsw6AGh_O5D-82ZTg4S567F0srO3xIQ.

To continue old saves, use: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3014203278
We also have a wiki: https://imperator.paradoxwikis.com/Imperator_Invictus

Patch notes can be found below:
New/expanded mission trees:
- 2 Large trees for Heraclea Pontica (Persian path)
- Large tree for Yamnat
- Large tree for Nabhapakti
- Large tree for after forming Tibet
- Large tree for Vasconia
- Large tree for [REDACTED]
- Reworked Sea-Peoples tree to be much larger
- Regional tree for Caledonia
- Regional tree for Hibernians
- Regional tree for Icenia
- Regional tree for Saba
- Regional tree for Qataba
- Regional tree for Tylos

Added content:
- Added African, Nuragic, Southeast Asian and Indian port models - Thanks to MattTheLegoman
- Added a dozen new flags
- Integrated CK3 Apotheosis Coat of Arms (big thanks to them)
- Reworked Chaldean/Celtic/Elamite/Heptadic/Zoroastrian deities
- Added Mithraic/Nhialic/Nuragic/Voxite religions
- Added 4 new heritages as mission rewards
- Added a new culture to Burma
- Added decision to fix the Marib Dam
- Added decision to rebuild the giants of Tarshish
- Added decisions to form Piaoyue and Tilmun
- Added Akitu festival

Changes:
- River, Port and Terrain fixes - Thanks to MattTheLegoman
- Reworked succession code thanks to Paulus
- Lowered Parthian aggression
- Changed Governor policies triggers a bit for better AI
- Made the dictatorship civil war slightly easier and less prone to crashing
- AI should now rush the assimilation techs
- Moved Proto-Europeans to the Iberian traditions from Celtic
- Added slave raiding to the Germanic tree
- Changed Latin HI/LI movement speed bonus to a general movement speed bonus
- Argos coup can now only happen if you have more than 8 cities
- Tweaked Bactrian triggers to make the missions more playable, requiring less Political influence and money
- Added some highlights to various missions
- Removed instant assimilation of pops from Dictatorship civil war
- Changed maximum amount of required pops for unlocking military traditions from 350 to 300
- Added some QOL changes to the Fezzan tree
- Slightly reduced the assimilation debuff from unrest
- Added some historical modifiers to Sardinia
- Reworked some formables colours
- Added some flavour events around the world
- Added Blood of Shaushtatar as a functional bloodline
- Ritual sacrifice is no longer infinitely repeatable
- Rebalanced a lot of random modifiers, mainly reworking general Discipline buffs

Bugfixes:
- Renamed new_armenian_religion internally to anahitic_religion
- Changed the rarity on a dozen deities
- Fixed Indo-Greek invasions and the ability to tagswitch to them as Maurya
- Fixed Ishara deity not appearing
- Simplified special government types temporarily
- Fixed a dozen of broken heritage modifiers
- Fixed a number of broken invention triggers
- Fixed Bloomeries giving base tax instead of tax modifier
- Fixed released puppet Sicilies forming Sicily again
- Fixed broken regional claims for Roman and Greek trees
- Removed unneeded Political Influence cost to some missions
- Fixed double Belgae civil war
- Fixed Punic puppet events
- Fixed a number of bugs related to the new generic events
- Added the correct characters to Cyrenaican events
- Fixed Cappadocian events being prone to breaking
- Fixed duplicate province names
- Fixed heirs getting too many friends
- Fixed Diadochi ultimatum not accounting for Antigonus dying early
- Reworked the military traditions bypass for revolts
- Fixed Eburonian missions not increasing a local modifier
- Fixed a lot of broken tooltips throughout the mod
- Fixed a lot of modifiers not being obtainable
- Added a lot of useful bypasses to missions
- Fixed a number of broken Mauryan, Sogdian, Tasm and Nabatean mission tasks
(Fixed every known and reported bug)
- Fixed too many localization errors to count
- Updated French/Spanish/German translations

Last edited:
  • 22Love
  • 8Like
Reactions:
1691066747919.png

This patch brought to you in the name of the Great Lord, King of the Gods and King of the Universe! Aššur!

Congrats on another epic release guys, love your work!

• 7Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Awesome!

And Vikings too! This just gets better and better. :D

• 3Like
Reactions:
You all are doing Zeus' work, my friends. Thank you so much for your dedication, I imagine it can't be easy staying motivated to support this massive mod for as long as you have.

On another note, would you be willing to share some, 100% non-commital, things you'd like to eventually add to the mod? It would be cool to know overall what is the direction for Invictus.

I'll also voice it again that were the Invictus team to create a Patreon (or similar) way to support all your work, I'd gladly pitch in.

• 6Like
Reactions:
View attachment 1010341

This patch brought to you in the name of the Great Lord, King of the Gods and King of the Universe! Aššur!

Congrats on another epic release guys, love your work!
By the will of holy Ishtar from her sanctuary in Nineveh, the love is felt dearfully. I expect the waters of Enlil to be reclaimed in full by the children of Asshur against the Helenes. Many gods await your revival and will reward your loyalty.

• 2Love
Reactions:
I forgot to add in my last post. Right now I'm spending some time in the Middle Ages after getting a bit burned out on Antiquity. This mod is however one of the greatest pulls to return to ancient times there is.

Keep up the good work!

• 1Love
Reactions:
I am struggling in general with my economy ( in contrast with the vanilla game).
I suppose there is something different in the mod that I did not yet have understood.

You all are doing Zeus' work, my friends. Thank you so much for your dedication, I imagine it can't be easy staying motivated to support this massive mod for as long as you have.

On another note, would you be willing to share some, 100% non-commital, things you'd like to eventually add to the mod? It would be cool to know overall what is the direction for Invictus.

I'll also voice it again that were the Invictus team to create a Patreon (or similar) way to support all your work, I'd gladly pitch in.
The problem with sharing stuff is that it *will* be expected. We had some content that was planned and that either got delayed, got scrapped or had to be reworked due to various reasons, etc. only very few of these were ever announced (2 examples come to my head), which limited the damage somewhat. If we announce things, but cannot fulfill them for some reason, there will be disappointment. Due to that, generally when there are some small "leaks" it is either content that is actively being worked on (and the risk of delay, failure etc very low) or content and individual modder plans to do, not the mopd team as a whole.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I am struggling in general with my economy ( in contrast with the vanilla game).
I suppose there is something different in the mod that I did not yet have understood.
If you want advice you will probably need to be a bit more specific (what country, what stage of the game). Right away there's the fact that more cultures and religions exist, meaning some countries will expand into, or even start with, significantly less productive pops than you are used to. Buildings are also priced differently, and cities start of slightly worse in terms of "missing" a free resource.