• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mod updated for 1.22.0 patch.

Please let me know if mod details did not match any description in Game, images, paradoxplaza mod page or on github repo page. Still going through what all needs updating...I think I got almost all of it.

I think I've tested you don't need the resource you building the factory for, like Components for Manufacturing Plant, but nobody is infallible. So let me know if there are still issues during gameplay.
Hi,

I have been playing with your MOD for some time, however I am just trying to get back into a save game that I was using yesterday and now it is saying Required MOD for this save game not found. Yours is the only mod I am using!

Are you on Epic platform and get the mod from paradoxplaza?
Have you already downloaded updated mod and launched game with mod version that I uploaded today?
So yesterday, the save game was loading v1.21 of the mod?

quote from the mod page:
Once a save game is "modded", that save cannot be reverted to a vanilla game forevermore. Once a mod is updated, that save with the older mod may no longer work; as the mod's signature is considered different by the game, thus why you'd need to start a NEW game.

Public Service Announcement

With the announcement of the new DLC's launch, a gentle reminder that if you want to finish a modded game until you complete the Project Tomorrow questline, you need to disable Automatic Updates in the Epic Launcher. Or complete the gameplay before the 15th of June, to be safe. (Unless the patch is released early ahead of the DLC launch, which I have no control or visibility over, as I don't really know when the patch would drop.)

For Steam games, I'm afraid there's no disable Automatic Updates anymore.
You can either
- toggle Steam client to run in OFFLINE mode or
- disable your internet connection before you launch the Steam client (provided it is not set to autorun when Windows boots up)

2nd piece of news is that my PC is out of commission, won't be able to update mods for sometime to come. So, after this patch none of my mods would get updates until further notice.
Or play vanilla, if you want to patch to get any fixes or you had purchased the Ultimate Colony or the New Alliances DLC.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I just started playing modded and installed this mod. Worked fine, but I cannot reload a save game. I even started a fresh game, mod activated (only this mod), and just build the basics. Still, the game cannot load a savegame.

I play Steam, not DLC - which might be the issue.
I installed from mods.paradoxplaza
I activated the first and third option i the mod settings, i,e, cheat menu and first "resource factory" thing. The middle one did not seem to work at all.

Can you advise. Are there any known limitations that would explain why I cannot load a savegame using this mod?

<snip>

Can you advise. Are there any known limitations that would explain why I cannot load a savegame using this mod?
What version of the game are you running?
[h3]Troubleshooting[/h3]
Is your game version same as the version stated in the Overview box/mod page? Please state your game version [1.##.####] in your report.

DO NOT use outdated mods. Mods are patch-specific, meaning they only work for the patch version at the time the mod is compiled in the modtool. As of today, ALL mods are outdated
Using mods in gameversions different from the one stated on the mod page is not guaranteed, use it at your own risk and also unsupported (by me) as I don't have that patch version to troubleshoot. Well, at this time I don't even have a PC to load the game.

I'm also aware mods.paradoxplaza.com has a copy-cat of this mod, without any credit to or permission from me, I might add. I have no control of that version, I don't know who made it or how it differs from mine. And with the release of the patch last Mon in preparation of the Shattered Hope DLC this coming Thu, I think this (copy-cat/pirated) mod is also outdated.
[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, thanks. Since most mods was for 1.22 I just assumed that was the latest version. Since I'm on steam, it is running the latest (1.23.something). So my bad.

Before I jump to creating a personal updated version of this mod, I just want to ask if there are any plans for updating this mod at some point?
Otherwise I have to figure out how modding this game works..... Learning Curve......

Thanks

I just want to ask if there are any plans for updating this mod at some point?

Can I just direct you to the PSA post upthread?
Post#124 where I mentioned my technical difficulties of being without a PC. If someone wants to start a gofundmepage, I wouldn't turn down the assistance...

To start learning modding and updating this mod, you can fork this mod from the repository on Github as a jumping off point, so you don't have to start from scratch. All I ask is acknowledgement and credit that you use my mod as a basis. I have a wiki page there too on how to start.

And if you're comfortable in submitting Pull Requests, I can then incorporate your updates into my upstream version and then update the mod website pages at both paradoxplaza and steam sites.

If you have questions about modding and need more timely interactions, I'm usually on the StA Discord run by the subreddit moderators (link is in https://www.reddit.com/r/survivingtheaftermath/). You can post in the #modding channel.
Apologies for the roundabout way, but I can only post a temp link and don't want to have to keep posting updated links every week...

Testing results for the latest patch, with Ella's permission. I am on the Epic version, and there's a chance that my results aren't indicative of all setups. Most things appear to still be functioning as intended, with the very notable exception of the bread recipe in the food factory.

As Ella has mentioned, she's currently without a computer so this can't be updated or fixed in the immediate future. It can, apparently, be used without issue except for that recipe.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221126_041941.jpg
    Screenshot_20221126_041941.jpg
    184,7 KB · Views: 0
Thanks so much for testing @ElenaRoan !
Elena has been gracious and diligent in testing this mod in All patches. It is thanks to her that my testing cycle was shorter for each patch before my PC broke down and then after May, it was all her work.

@ Everyone,
If you want to play with mods, as usual the warnings on using outdated mods on current patch version applies. So if you know how to troubleshoot issues, you're welcome to mod your game as you see fit...I can help in deciphering player.log files and answering questions, when you hit a snag.
But just note my mod(s) won't get any updates for the forseeable future.

Current list to fix, check out (when I have PC again). List compiled from reports via Discord. Thanks, @ElenaRoan.

• Check if possible to separate factories by DLC-enabled status
  • Shattered Hope:
    • Bread recipe, hopefully just needs a recompile
    • new resources
  • Rebirth:
    • double wood output? Patch's rebalancing have reduced it?
    • MegaStockpile not working
    • Basic Clothing slow; Sturdy faster than tier 1?
    • new resources

• 1Like
Reactions:
Mod updated.
I tested a few playthroughs - 100%, 200% and 255% difficulties - about half way through a complete game; ie I didn't reach the complete Bunker phase.

Please test and let me know if there are issues.

Changes
  • Rebuild with modtool for patch 1.25
  • Moved Medicinal Herb to Pharma Factory
  • Tweaked production timings down and output unit values up for some resources