• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Alright, next version to test is here.
If you guys remember, the reason I did not publish the mod for 1.12.5 was because I could not figure out a way for it to work during Disasters (like the WinterStorm). So I finally figured it out. I would strongly suggest you use the Production Limit feature because we don't want to overwhelm the limited storage spaces at the beginning. Well. if you forgot to set that, can always trade away any excess.
Although something weird I noticed is that the production values is not reflected in the Production top bar for that item

The Factory models below were done by Iceflake when they updated the modtool for Steam in Feb 2021.
Aftermath64.0316-258.jpg
Aftermath64.0316-257.jpg

Resource Factory (purple checkered awning and the triquetra logo)
- factory now come with 4 flavors. All still using the same mesh model however. The idea was to have each have a secondary feature like producing heat, water and power but that didn't work out, so back to just the basics
  • Basic : for the base resources
  • Food : for food (located in Food menu, where else?)
  • Pharma : for pharmaceuticals
  • Manufacturing : for the products
- apart from Food, each item is a recipe by itself and Building is located in Resources menu
- all factories except for Manufacturing are "automated" (no worker slots) and need no input resources
- no Storage feature, so you'd need to place a Stockpile and Warehouse close by
- The FishRain Disaster+Event from the Fish Factory was removed as it caused a stuck-running-bug I have not been able to troubleshoot and fix
- no worker slot as the main feature of this mod is to help the workforce crunch when colonists die like fruit flies and due to the colonists cap, except for the Manufacturing one that requires Workers to transport the input resources and not Carriers.
- the input values are somewhat of a guesstimation from the game's production values (I've compiled into spreadsheet). a guesstimation because the mod does not show the second value produced per day - I don't know how or where to set that.
Aftermath64.0313-245 (2)_LI.jpgaftermath-data.0317-259.png
- indestructible as some discrepancies I have not been able to troubleshoot and fix, since the repair thing works in Fish Factory

Fish Factory (orange checkered awning with the fish as per Iceflake's design)
- inputed some text into Localization.loc for missing DESC
- the energy requirements from the Fish Factory is still included and works in this buidling!
- The FishRain Disaster was removed (caused stuck-running-bug upon building placement), the Event feature was still OK

so please take note if you get stuck-running-bug, remove one mod from the folder, start New game with remaining mods and let me know which one you removed that was the catalyst to the stuck-running-bug and any action you had before, or if it is during a Disaster and another event or quest gets triggered that kicks of the stuckness.

To "uninstall" a mod, .mod file has to be removed totally from the folder as the game still reads it otherwise, even though it is not loaded (selected) at the Mod menu screen before starting a New game.

Awaiting your reports before I upload and publish to the mod page....have fun!

Last edited:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Known issues (and been corrected and will be in next zip file)
- text for Food Insect recipe showing vegetables' text (because, well...copy+paste). Been corrected.
- Food factory now has no worker slots, so only Vegetables and Meat recipe options work. Will be added in next version because the Insect and Processed recipes requires input items to be transported

Known issues (repair feature won't be corrected)
- Fish Factory also failed to be repaired. Will be made indestructible in next version

[edited to add]
7z file above updated with the above corrections, after some testing, nothing I'd deemed comprehensive since I only spent about couple hours on playing with that version.

I might leave this beta version until this weekend to give more folks a chance to play around with it. Pending further feedback and severity of bugs and issues reported, if no major problem arises, the production version would be updated before end of the month. All contingent of course, if devs do not drop another update on us the next few days or couple weeks.

Known issues (and been corrected and will be in production version)
- weapons crafting entries corrected

Last edited:
Reactions:
Sorry for the radio silence and the lack of updates for the last patch.

I had a family issue to deal with.

I hope to get back into it soon...
Not a problem, family comes first! I hope you are yours are well and stay well, only come back when you can.

Good luck!

I hope you guys are also checking the progress of this mod in my Github repo and Steam pages. I might have some news in either of these places (or my blog, or twitter) that I may have forgotten to also announce in the other places.

From Steam's workshop page
Sorry for the troubles, everyone. I had a family emergency to deal with, a health scare.

I'm trying to be more diligent in documenting my notes in the github repo, the ideas I'm working out and the roadblocks I'm facing. And to that end, am learning how to use and trying out the Project Boards, Issues and Zenhub.

So, if you want to see progress (or lack thereof), be sure to check out my repo page on Github.

If you have any ideas, suggestions, comments, you all are welcome to pitch in your 2 cents. Either here or on Github Discussions.
Oh, I suppose I should have mentioned - the mods, the Building mods are not compatible with the current patch . DO NOT USE! (until further notice, i.e. when I update it)

I was informed while testing for the Gold patch that the Buildings can only have one function. So any multi-functional building design has to be scrapped.

I'm still thinking on how to go about designing a mod that I want to use ResourceFactory for - an all-in-one with separate single-function buildings or many mods each with its own mod page on Workshop (think with my time available, this is not likely).

ps: thanks @AndrewT

Mod updated for Release Day 1.0 patch version 1.21.2. You can grab it either from pdx-plaza, github or my google-share. Links are in ellacharmed.wordpress.com ResourceFactory-mod page

If you're on Steam platform, I'm having issues publishing there, so download from one of the above pages.

Post feedback here, in the blog-post's comments or github's or Twitter. Wherever you feel comfortable and have an account.
If you're new to playing with mods, I also have a how-to-use-mods-in-surviving-the-aftermath guide on my blog

New patch day, so new updates for mods required.

The modtool git repo has just been updated, so I might take some time to try and figure out some of the things I've been working on these coming weeks.

If you have Discord, I post my progress there more often than on here (I sometimes forgot). There's so many sites to keep updated.

Current issues I'm working on:
Resource Factory
- The reason I pulled the mod before the last update was : the worker assignment was incorrect and caused negative worker values.
- Had to identify the game's values and then figure out the corresponding properties in the Building templates
- Decided to add 3 more buildings and had to source for models and other assets
-- Mega Stockpile with bigger capacity. Initially had the idea to do a default replacement mod but still don't know how to link back to the game's building's ID. Maybe we can't without some scripting and writing some code to override. Not via modtool anyways. (if anyone figure this one out, do share)
-- Cheaty water well : to facilitate my testing
-- Cheaty energy producer : ditto

If anyone wants to help me test non-production ready mods, hit me up via Discord, PM on here or leave a comment on my blog, or DM via twitter.
Be warned - frequent game restarts is in your future as an alpha/beta mod tester. So, don't get attached to your saves or playthroughs.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Mod updated for 1.22.0 patch.

Please let me know if mod details did not match any description in Game, images, paradoxplaza mod page or on github repo page. Still going through what all needs updating...I think I got almost all of it.

I think I've tested you don't need the resource you building the factory for, like Components for Manufacturing Plant, but nobody is infallible. So let me know if there are still issues during gameplay.