• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
https://github.com/ellacharmed/STA-ResourceFactory#known-issues
Once you "Exit to Main Menu", you cannot load another Save. This is a known limitation to modding Unity games.

And I'm not able to re-produce the stuck bug in my modded Save. But I'm reading that this bug is re-occuring for others on vanilla game as well.

Can you do another test with a modded NEW game, Quit and then reload this Save?

So i've just tried that, doesnt work, but instead of blank everything the UI decides not to operate after, cant click on anything (menu and all). I'll keep trying with a fresh game and see if anything pops up

hi ella, so I've decided to give it another run.

I tried loading my game from the main menu (from a direct start, no quitting and restarting the game client etc) with the mod on and it gave back the same bug. This time the UI is non interact-able so i can't even access the ESC menu. Funny thing is in the background the sounds of "tasks" being done are still playing, however nothing is moving and cant be interacted with.

Just to give you a headsup.

@teddybeartan, thanks for the report. It prompted me to recheck the downloaded versions. I made and uploaded a video in my answer to the post linked below.

Crosspost from other thread.

Installed this mod the proper way, putting it in the mod folder and initializing in the game rather than the launcher. Using 1.8 version of the game. Using Hexagon mods. Building showed up in the build menu. Got about 2 hours into the game, decided to build this. Plopped it down. Colonists would take resources over and drop them NEXT to the build area, not IN it like normal. Then another colonist would go pick up those resources and return them to the stockpile. Then all of the colonists lock up, just stand still. If I enable the debug menu and click "Force Idle", colonists move again, but the same loop happens. Take resources to building, return to stockpile, colonists start running in place. Had to disable this mod.

@endersblade, do you have the log when this happens? Anything that can help me troubleshoot the cause? Or even better is to attach both the log and save game here so I can load and check it out?
Did you enable the debug menu from a mod made for this patch, or you modify the game files manually yourself?

Beyond loading the mod to test in a new game, I have pretty much stopped playing this game so I never encountered issues when I plop it to be build as the first building placed.

Mod updated for Update 9 is done, tested and uploaded to the usual places.
I think I've done all the testing I possible could by myself at this time.
The stuck-running-in-place bug still occur but at random times after random things. Not just when I have this mod in play. And I don't know what's the trigger or if it is even caused directly by this mod.

In some circumstances, if I wait long enough and let it run at speed 3, the next event would unlock everyone from being frozen.

@endersblade, do you have the log when this happens? Anything that can help me troubleshoot the cause? Or even better is to attach both the log and save game here so I can load and check it out?
Did you enable the debug menu from a mod made for this patch, or you modify the game files manually yourself?

Beyond loading the mod to test in a new game, I have pretty much stopped playing this game so I never encountered issues when I plop it to be build as the first building placed.
I am having the same issue, I don't find a log file, or enable the debug menu, the save file corrupts, I have to force the game to close.
if you can tell me where to find the log files I'll be glad to send them.
I do realize you do not play anymore, any insight you have will be helpful, thank you.
Kevin

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Iceflake Studios\Surviving the Aftermath\output_log.txt
%USERNAME%\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Surviving the Aftermath\SaveGames

Paths as above. The log files are automatically set, no need to set enable debug settings. Any attachments would help me in pinpointing somewhere to start troubleshooting. Appreciate any help I can get.

I do not play beyond the first 30-60 in-game days when I test my mods. When I don't get issues and corrupted saves when I'm at least three-quarters through or when I complete the tech tree, I publish them to the public.
And I test my mods in isolation from other mods. So I'm not sure of any issues in long term games. Maybe if there are features that interest me in the next updates, I'd get into a long play session again. But after numerous hours of testing mods each patch cycle, everything kinda becomes repetitive, there's no end goal in the game beyond trying to not get bugs. And the features need to be fleshed out a bit further.

Hello Ella,
Here are my files. I started the game with a new mod file from Github and loaded the game with only this mod.
I did my best to follow all your instructions and watched your video.
This time the game didn't lock up and I was able to save these files.

Thanks for everything.
Kevin

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    11,9 KB · Views: 0
  • 2020-08-29_02-36-03.save
    1,4 MB · Views: 0
Here is another log file.
I did a reinstall and removed all files from my documents.
this time after I tried to place the tank, all the people started running in place, then it would not shut down properly.

Attachments

• output_log2.txt
    57,6 MB · Views: 0
the first output log shows that the save crashed, so this is the "lock-up" you experienced? Is this log for this attached save or is the attached save for the gameplay that didnt "lock-up" with the newly-redownloaded mod?
Can I then confirm - the download for the "lock-up" save - is via the https://mods.paradoxplaza.com/mods/1485/Any or from github as well?
I think I should add the mod version number in that debug text.

Thx, Kevin!

the first output log shows that the save crashed, so this is the "lock-up" you experienced? Is this log for this attached save or is the attached save for the gameplay that didnt "lock-up" with the newly-redownloaded mod?
Can I then confirm - the download for the "lock-up" save - is via the https://mods.paradoxplaza.com/mods/1485/Any or from github as well?
I think I should add the mod version number in that debug text.

Thx, Kevin!
Both Save files are using the mod from Github, v0.3.6.2
The first Save file didn't lock. The second did.
When I try to stamp the Resouce Factory, it doesn't stamp out on the map, with the first save I was able to quit.
In the second Save file, I tried to add a building(an emergency shelter) after I tried to add the Resource Factory. That is when the people stopped moving and the log file started filling up.
Here is the save file that goes with the large log file.
I can do more testing if you need it.
Thanks for all your help :)
Kevin

Attachments

• 2020-08-29_03-32-00.save
    1,4 MB · Views: 0
I installed a new version of Unity, 2019.4.9f1 and the mod started working. I didn't do anything else just install a newer version of unity and it started working.
it's magic.

Thanks for all your help.

Kevin

By "mod started working" you mean the ResourceFactory can be stamped/built/placed in the colony? And the Save/gameplay do not "lock-up" ?

Hmm..why would installing Unity affect how mods work in the game itself. That should not be a requirement. But thanks for letting me know of this, @kwbrake
But that would explain why I don't experience all these issues players have been reporting, since I already have Unity installed to develop the mods.

I can test sometime in the next weeks with Unity un-installed or in a Docker env.

Hopefully the IFS devs will see this and feedback.
@Joanna_ifs @matti_ifs @tapani_ifs

Or, I should have a chat with @Silva Creaturae to request if I can have a copy of one of his mods to see if it is my folder/file structure at fault

- Unity has no effect on the game, it's impossible (and the game was made with Unity 2018.4).
- However, the "mod loader" is very capricious and some times it has a strange behavior.
- There is no structure for the folders or special name for the files (except the Mod.asset file).

v0.4
modded-8223 savefile details.png

Is 70++ game-days enough testing, do you guys think? No stuck-running-bug encountered after I corrected the 2 issues outlined below.

I played the Enhancement patch#3 vanilla for 200++ game-days and think I had enough exposure to tweak the Resource Factory to how I want my gameplay to flow without undue waiting around, even with playing on 5x Speed. So, mod updated after a weekend of testing...Let me know of any issues or if you guys have ideas on more features.

There are a few issues encountered for this patch -
Problem 1: I could not add workers
Workaround: building made "automated" no workers required

Problem 2: I could not do a Repair when building becomes damaged from Disaster/combat events
Workaround: building made indestructible

I'll be looking into how to fix those issues by comparing with the Fish mod, and further debugging.
The uneven production rates also meant I revamped the recipes and revert to the individual base resources. The group recipes were kept for
Pharmaceuticals, Tools, Clothing, Weapons and Food.

Video recorded after I encountered problem #1 but before problem #2.

Last edited:
I just added this (the first mod in the game). It stopped producing, tried pausing and unpausing, quitting (to desktop) the game and loading the save, and building another one and nothing worked. Then it started complaining about the temperature when it went to the second stage of the winter storm. Moved it to a heated area and it was still not producing. Then I realised that I noticed it had stopped shortly after the first stage of the storm had started, so I waited until it finally ran its course, and it started producing again immediately after the storm went away.

Means that you're running the game with the Resource Factory 1.12.4 version.

That's the issue I had with my 1.12.5 version, which is why I never released it. I'm still trying all the various options in the modtool to correct that. And since this is my first mod for a Unity game, I'm literally stabbing in the dark blindly here.

If this forum allow attachment of the .mod (or 7z) file type, do you guys think you'd be open to give me feedback and help me beta-test any "not-ready-for-production" versions?

[edited]
Mods attached, please help test and provide feedback. Because I play in Debug mode, so I need to also see if there are issues otherwise.
If you guys want a more real-time conversation, you can reach me via the official Aftermath discord #modding channel

I've re-copied the FishFactory and edit it from scratch, because I could not make it continue production when Disaster strikes, when continuing from the 1.12.4 version. For now, the features are stripped down from my previous mod versions
Resource Factory
- only the base raw resources are included in the recipes
- no Storage feature, so you'd need to place a Stockpile close by
- the energy requirements from the Fish Factory is still included
- The FishRain Disaster+Event from the Fish Factory was removed as it caused a stuck-running-bug I have not been able to troubleshoot and fix
- no worker slot as the main feature of this mod is to help the workforce crunch when colonists die like fruit flies and due to the colonists cap
- indestructible as some discrepancies I have not been able to troubleshoot and fix, since the repair thing works in Fish Factory

Fish Factory
- inputed some text into Localization.loc for missing DESC

new version attached to post#102

Last edited: