• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you're doing religions as well, then I'd strongly recommend creating a clone religion for your new culture (e.g. "Chan Buddhist" for Chinese and "Shinto Buddhist" for Japanese). P'dox has always simplified a lot of their coding by intermixing religions and cultures, so you'd end up with a lot of Indian-specific events as a Chinese Buddhist or Persian events as a Chinese Manichaen.

Nonsense! The Kara-Khitan (Western Liao) are wrongfully left out in vanilla--are you a bad enough modder to fix P'dox's mistake?

NO! Im not! I have like made one mod ever, and that was a simple grammar mod :p

They don't work (edit: for me). When I put them in other mods the result is completely blacked out portraits.

Great work! Could I please incorporate this into my Chinese mod?

I've already tired - I put them inside the Sengoku mod and your mod and the result was the same described above.

Be warned - though it might not happen to you.

Sure you can
Hi rein005, may I also please have your permission to incorporate most of your male outfits, 3 of your male headgear, and all of your female outfits into my custom mod? I will of course give you proper credits, identifying which pieces were made by you. In return, I'd like to share with you the modifications I've made on my own: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?768908

As you can see, I'm also using Mongol faces, but for the hair I'm using modified versions of the Russian male and female hair styles so that I get the straight long hair instead of the fuzzy short hair of Mongols. I also made the females much thinner, feminine, (and in my opinion) prettier, so they have more appealing noses and chins/cheeks. If you want, you are more than welcome to take any of the modifications I've made and incorporate them into your mod, as long as you credit me as well for them.

I love the way your male outfits look, but I personally rearranged some of them in accordance with how portrait_properties.txt assign outfit and headgear:

Headgear
0 Emperor
1-3 King
4 Duke/Prince
5-8 Not Ruler
9 Spy/Intrigue+10
10 Martial
11 None

Clothes
0-2 Emperor/King
3-5 Nobles
6-8 Not Ruler
9 Spy/Intrigue+10
10 Martial
11 Prisoner

Therefore, I moved the two "larger" outfits to slot 1 and slot 2 for kings because I feel the larger outfits stand out more. I also added two extra headgear (from RoTKXI), as well as a few CK2 headgear I personally prefer. Below is a summary of the modifications I made to your cloth and headgear outfits for male:

A9zS2Ms.jpg

Please let me know what you think and if it's okay for me to release these modified files. I will of course link back to your original thread (this thread) and give proper credits.

Last edited:
Hi there,

I'd like to use these in a few of my mods, if that's okay with you; credit will be given of course.

Hi rein005, may I also please have your permission to incorporate most of your male outfits, 3 of your male headgear, and all of your female outfits into my custom mod? I will of course give you proper credits, identifying which pieces were made by you. In return, I'd like to share with you the modifications I've made on my own: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?768908

As you can see, I'm also using Mongol faces, but for the hair I'm using modified versions of the Russian male and female hair styles so that I get the straight long hair instead of the fuzzy short hair of Mongols. I also made the females much thinner, feminine, (and in my opinion) prettier, so they have more appealing noses and chins/cheeks. If you want, you are more than welcome to take any of the modifications I've made and incorporate them into your mod, as long as you credit me as well for them.

I love the way your male outfits look, but I personally rearranged some of them in accordance with how portrait_properties.txt assign outfit and headgear:

Headgear
0 Emperor
1-3 King
4 Duke/Prince
5-8 Not Ruler
9 Spy/Intrigue+10
10 Martial
11 None

Clothes
0-2 Emperor/King
3-5 Nobles
6-8 Not Ruler
9 Spy/Intrigue+10
10 Martial
11 Prisoner

Therefore, I moved the two "larger" outfits to slot 1 and slot 2 for kings because I feel the larger outfits stand out more. I also added two extra headgear (from RoTKXI), as well as a few CK2 headgear I personally prefer. Below is a summary of the modifications I made to your cloth and headgear outfits for male:

A9zS2Ms.jpg

Please let me know what you think and if it's okay for me to release these modified files. I will of course link back to your original thread (this thread) and give proper credits.

Great work! You can use my mod

I'm hoping to see more stuff from you rein005! ;)

I really like the work done here! Any chance of having interest in making more portrait mods for other asian culutres, i.e. Korean, Tibetan, Jurchen, Ainu, Japanese, Vietnamese, Khmer or Indonesian? :p

If you find it on steam, he says that mods can use them with credits. But realize that they are not game ready, and need to be adapted for your mod by adding them into the gfx files. I found it easier to make a small submod that is compatible with the main mod, so there is no need for files interfering.

If you find it on steam, he says that mods can use them with credits. But realize that they are not game ready, and need to be adapted for your mod by adding them into the gfx files. I found it easier to make a small submod that is compatible with the main mod, so there is no need for files interfering.
I need it for some new cultures I am working on for courtiers thanks btw.