• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Interesting concept, however mind that Cornwall was known was West Wales untill the Norman conquest and that Cornish is a dilect of the Welsh language.
Cornish is it's own language of the Brythonic group, and is barely related to Welsh, let alone a dialect of it. To be frank it's most closely related to Breton than any other Brythonic language.

Reactions:
Cornish is it's own language of the Brythonic group, and is barely related to Welsh, let alone a dialect of it. To be frank it's most closely related to Breton than any other Brythonic language.
Welsh, Cornish, Irish, Scottish, Manx, and Breton are all separate languages, but are considered "dialects" of the more vague "Gaelic" language group. These are also the members of today's Celtic League, and considered their own completely separate cultures. So yes, Cornish is its own language, but no, it's not "barely" related, as they're both different dialects of the same language group. They're like Italian and Spanish, which are both Latin languages; each Gaelic dialect is unique, but closely related to others.

Reactions:
Is this compatible with HIP(without SWMH)?
I honestly don't know, I haven't tried. I doubt it, I've made no effort to make it compatible and probably at least one module of it edits landed_titles.txt.

Welsh, Cornish, Irish, Scottish, Manx, and Breton are all separate languages, but are considered "dialects" of the more vague "Gaelic" language group. These are also the members of today's Celtic League, and considered their own completely separate cultures. So yes, Cornish is its own language, but no, it's not "barely" related, as they're both different dialects of the same language group. They're like Italian and Spanish, which are both Latin languages; each Gaelic dialect is unique, but closely related to others.
Gaelic is a subset of the Celtic languages, so all Gaelic languages are Celtic, but not all Celtic languages are Gaelic. Irish, Manx, and Scottish Gaelic [which shouldn't be called "Scottish" to avoid confusion with the Germanic Scots language] are Gaelic languages, Welsh, Cornish and Breton are Brythonic, all six are Celtic. If I had to guess I'd say this topic came up because someone thinks I should leave Cornwall in k_wales when instead this mod moves it to k_england? I'll admit there are strong linguistic ties between Wales and Cornwall, but I don't think that linguistics extended to any form of political union. It's worth noting that no ruler of Wales, not even Gruffydd ap Llywellyn who proclaimed himself King of Wales, ever considered Cornwall their rightful territory, so giving them de jure claims seems to misrepresent the situation in a way that a united England deciding it's their right and gradually conquering the Cornish doesn't.

Gaelic is a subset of the Celtic languages, so all Gaelic languages are Celtic, but not all Celtic languages are Gaelic. Irish, Manx, and Scottish Gaelic [which shouldn't be called "Scottish" to avoid confusion with the Germanic Scots language] are Gaelic languages, Welsh, Cornish and Breton are Brythonic, all six are Celtic. If I had to guess I'd say this topic came up because someone thinks I should leave Cornwall in k_wales when instead this mod moves it to k_england? I'll admit there are strong linguistic ties between Wales and Cornwall, but I don't think that linguistics extended to any form of political union. It's worth noting that no ruler of Wales, not even Gruffydd ap Llywellyn who proclaimed himself King of Wales, ever considered Cornwall their rightful territory, so giving them de jure claims seems to misrepresent the situation in a way that a united England deciding it's their right and gradually conquering the Cornish doesn't.
You are absolutely right about Gaelic vs Brythonic in Celtic languages.

As for de jure Cornwall? I honestly think Cornwall's situation with England is the same as Brittany's situation with France. In my opinion, Cornwall should start out as a duchy, but also have its own de jure Kingdom title. In the end, it'll probably get conquered and end up drifting into England anyway, but this seems a more historical take on Cornwall at the time.

Either way, an opinion is just that, and end the end it's up to the modder regardless.

2.5 is up, compatibility with the new patch. Also fixed an old bug where Maelor and Glywysing would be disconnected from their titles on a reload. Introduced a new one where the localisation overrides fail and they use the vanilla names of Powys and Glamorgan. Annoyingly it doesn't seem to override whether I use 00wales_provinces or wales_provinces as the filename, so I dunno what to do there. Luckily it's a relatively minor issue; if it bugs you too much and you have the Customization Pack DLC, it's an easy self-fix.

2.5 is up, compatibility with the new patch. Also fixed an old bug where Maelor and Glywysing would be disconnected from their titles on a reload. Introduced a new one where the localisation overrides fail and they use the vanilla names of Powys and Glamorgan. Annoyingly it doesn't seem to override whether I use 00wales_provinces or wales_provinces as the filename, so I dunno what to do there. Luckily it's a relatively minor issue; if it bugs you too much and you have the Customization Pack DLC, it's an easy self-fix.

Use ZZ_wales_provinces.csv

The ordering was reversed (again) in 2.6.

wales_provinces.csv would've done it if that were all it were. The strings overridden are in text.csv and w comes after t. Just tried using a zz topper anyway, made no difference. There's something else at play here.

zz or wales works for 2.5. For 2.6, you need to use something before text.

2.7 compatible version is up! It includes some changes I made to the 2.6 version that I didn't really bother releasing; as far as I recall, the main changes were switching the Welsh names of provinces to be Celtic cultural names, so the "default" names are now English, and taking advantage of the flag-swapping feature to make the Powysian flags better reflect their situation. Maelor, Cyfeiliog and Powys have their own flags going on before the Mathrafal lion takes them over; the lion's in place from Mathrafal control 'til when Powys splits up, then the counties switch to their red and black lions. Oh, also includes richvh's suggested fix, thanks richvh!

Well, 3.0's out. This mod isn't really needed or relevant anymore, vanilla's Wales is kinda okay now, but... I updated it anyway. There's something about one big province named Powys that I felt compelled to crush. And I spent way more time doing this update than I thought I would. I redrew the whole thing (including adding Ynys Mon, because I will not be outdone by vanilla there), integrated all of vanilla's title history updates, and then I went through every single barony and double-checked it existed in the era in that province; even tried to stick to more significant ones where I could. Had a nice little rabbit-hole of history research for Elfael and Maelienydd that I reflected as best I could in the game files. So if anyone's still into Cantrefi, I've uploaded a much improved version for the newest patch.