• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
I'm close-ish to releasing a Celtic world "overhaul" mod and I've included your excellent new Welsh provinces. Can I have permission to incorpporate your mod? You will of course be fully credited. Before I added your provinces Wales was really boring even with my events that break up the realm on ruler death.

Thanks in advance,
neondt

Ooh, those events sounds interesting. Been trying to do something similar, but been having trouble. I look forwards to your mod's release! You have my permission to incorporate my mod, thank you for asking.

Great, thanks! The idea is that in the Celtic world the personal authority of the individual is far more important than lineage. For example, the primary heir of the King of Wales may not have enough authority after succession events to retain his King title (Ireland is different though, the High Kingship should always exist but get passed a bit). Pretty much the only thing holding me back from releasing something is a difficulty with causing wars by event after the death of the Irish High King.

I've always been interested in the Welsh language and culture and began playing Dyfed and Welsh counties as soon as I started playing CKII. I'll have to try this mod out, looks good! Too bad the map is so small or you could have fitted in all the "historical" counties of Wales like Radnor and Denbight and Anglesea (Ynys-Mon)

Totius Albionis (a mapmod that improves the Britain area exclusively) and Ard Ri (which itself, incorporates Totious Albionis) both incorporate Cantrefi, so if you like Welsh history take a look at them too *shameless plug* :p

Ard Ri looks absolutely awesome! Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but it seems to be the best rendition of Wales available, by far.

Have you seen RedRooster's Matter of Britain map? His Wales puts all others to shame, though admittedly he's got a much, much larger area to work with.