• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hope springs eternal ;)

Wow... Very strange Europe there. Strange things have happened here while your predecessors were playing around in Asia.

Well, with three provinces already in your possession, it will no doubt be easy to form a Croatia where you can travel overland from the Atlantic to the Pacific coast!

TeeWee said:
Wow... Very strange Europe there. Strange things have happened here while your predecessors were playing around in Asia.

Well, with three provinces already in your possession, it will no doubt be easy to form a Croatia where you can travel overland from the Atlantic to the Pacific coast!
Hey, I'm not THAT good :rofl:

but at least we can get a panaeuropean country, right? like corridor from the Baltic to the Black sea!!!

AmbassadeBelgie said:
but at least we can get a panaeuropean country, right? like corridor from the Baltic to the Black sea!!!
Well, not quite, but let's just say that Croatia at the end of my turn has the access to three different seas :)

(I'll try to update tomorrow, if not, then on Wednesday)

Kelvin said:
let's just say that Croatia at the end of my turn has the access to three different seas :)

Tyrrenian, Caspian and Baltic, i hope

Fnuco said:
Tyrrenian, Caspian and Baltic, i hope
Personally, I was thinking more in the line of: North, Baltic and Black. Anything less and I'd be disappointed :p

Kelvin said:
Actually, it's 4 seas... :D

Mea culpa...

then post the AAR already! :mad:

the suspense is killing me!

Is it the yellow sea, the java sea, the mediterranean sea (completely), and the white sea? ;) :D bloody cool if it were :rofl:

The General and His Mood

To say that Zrinski was not happy would be a gross understatement. When he was told to take control of the main Croatian army he expected to be able to use it immediately. Instead, he was sent to Italy, of all places! The idiot of a previous commander forgot to bring the army home after the last war, so it was up to Zrinski to babysit the army for over six months while it leisurely walked home, sightseeing the roads and road inns of the Northern Italy and Austria.

1537-Zrinski.jpg

At least he was able to do some good with the army, boosting its moral and organization, following the changes he had managed, before he even got the commission, to push through the thick skulls at the court.

1537-domestic-move.jpg

The move was not accepted with cheers, as it reduced Croatia's already pitiful mapower pool, but it could prove crucial... provided the country expands. As it is, it improved the fire discipline and shot accuracy of the army.

While the grunts were traipsing through Italy and Austria, the budget was moved on war footing... permanently.

1538-prewar.jpg

Six months or so later, the army was in Croatia... ready to strike wherever the General points. And the General is pointing to Venice. Officially, it was because the Venice was holding Dalmatia, a core province of Croatia Magna

1538-prewar-small.jpg

...but the real reason was the fact that he had to endure that bloody trek around the Adriatic, instead of simply cruising acrross it.

And so, the first war begins... Of course, our allies have to be invited...

1538-DOW.jpg

The result is not very pleasing to the Doge, but noone asked him anything anyway...

1538-Venice-ganged.jpg

Last edited:
:D Nice start n nice allies to have!

I liked the real reason for the war - in particular. I look forward to Zrinski's mood swings.

It sounds like the general is having a bad day. And who'd blame him after having to travel so many miles just to get back home?

A good set of allies you have there. Will they keep following the general's lead or does his temper have other plans with them?

How many miles must Zrinski walk down... before you can call him a man?
And how many countries must he obliterate... before he can sleep in the sand?

Fnuco said:
How many miles must Zrinski walk down... before you can call him a man?
And how many countries must he obliterate... before he can sleep in the sand?
:rofl:

TeeWee said:
It sounds like the general is having a bad day. And who'd blame him after having to travel so many miles just to get back home?

A good set of allies you have there. Will they keep following the general's lead or does his temper have other plans with them?
Allies? Nothing but drones to be used as much as possible, especially their troops :D

Kelvin said:
Some 4k of Swedish tourists, waiting for Croatia to open up its coast for tourism :D

waiting for Croatia to GET a coast, no? :rofl: