• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Now, I can't be entirely sure
1619542899638.png

but I think
1619542938186.png

these effects were accidentally coded the wrong way round

Edit: a quick google tells me Ambras didn't even exist as more than some bricks in a ruin up until the 16th century so gg paradox
Edit 2: no but seriously, don't you think Austria benefits a lot more from dip rep/relations and vassal income, and Granada benefits a lot more from having their very very mountainous capital area be better defended?

Last edited:
  • 6Haha
Reactions:
For how much I heard about moving monuments, it seems to me the only monuments not too big to move are piles of stones.

Yet, the only historical instance I can recall was Napoleon wanting to move St. Basil's Cathedral to Paris.

I keep finding dumb stuff relating to monuments as I comb through, and instead of clogging the forum with my posts I figure I'll just make a megathread and comment each time I find something
For reference, so far I've covered:
Alhambra and Ambras are very likely to have swapped effects
Harmandir Sahib, which should be in Lahore, is instead in Samarkand
You can find those, and some other Leviathan relevant posts, in my forum signature/post history

Edit: it's worth noting that I'm looking for monuments based on this helpful comment. I was actually going to check every province in the game, but thankfully someone already did it for me, and it means I waste less time looking/spend more time testing. If you believe that map missed something, feel free to comment here so I know where else to look. Furthermore, not all of these are going to be blatant bugs/bad coding; some of them are gonna be me speculating on design consistency, and maybe possible interesting applications.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
So first off, we have Lisboa and its Pena Palace. The tooltip for Magnificent (which I'll refer to from now on as Tier 3) says 20% local manpower in provinces in area, and nobility estate gains 15 loyalty upon the upgrade finishing. A reasonable person might assume these effects scale down at tier 1.
1619546909339.png

Here's the nobility loyalty at start
1619546833644.png

Here's the nobility loyalty after I gave myself 20k gold with console commands and rushed the upgrades to Pena Palace
1619546884610.png

It actually decayed over the 2 months I waited to see if the equilibrium would update, but, nope. No loyalty increase of either kind. Doesn't bode well for other monuments with estate loyalty increases, like Hagia Sophia with its clergy loyalty.
Now, scroll back up to the monument - tier 3 has 20% local manpower modifier, right?
1619547192560.png

Tier 1 is actually better, at 25% local manpower. It's not just a UI problem, because
1619547237816.png

Lisboa is correctly benefitting from Lena Palace's tier 3 +20% manpower

gg, more to come

Edit: this is actually a gg to me because I failed to notice the difference between provincial and area modifiers for manpower, which I looked back at while writing my Morocco comment and had an "oops" moment with. Turns out my newest noti is @Saat98 informing me of the same thing, so props to him and I'm just gonna take the L. The nobility loyalty stuff still stands, though

Last edited:
  • 4Haha
Reactions:
To be fair
Edit: a quick google tells me Ambras didn't even exist as more than some bricks in a ruin up until the 16th century so gg paradox

It's tier 0, indicating it's not built at all, as opposed to tier 1 alhambra in your pic.

• 1Like
Reactions:
To be fair, the Jesuit order wasn't founded until 1534 yet Iberian realms (Golden Century DLC) can use them in 1444, lol.

EDIT: fixed DLC name, lol.

Last edited:
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
It does make sense, but would make Austria even more OP. So balance wise, this would be even more shocking.

So first off, we have Lisboa and its Pena Palace. The tooltip for Magnificent (which I'll refer to from now on as Tier 3) says 20% local manpower in provinces in area, and nobility estate gains 15 loyalty upon the upgrade finishing. A reasonable person might assume these effects scale down at tier 1.
View attachment 709998
Here's the nobility loyalty at start
View attachment 709996
Here's the nobility loyalty after I gave myself 20k gold with console commands and rushed the upgrades to Pena Palace
View attachment 709997
It actually decayed over the 2 months I waited to see if the equilibrium would update, but, nope. No loyalty increase of either kind. Doesn't bode well for other monuments with estate loyalty increases, like Hagia Sophia with its clergy loyalty.
Now, scroll back up to the monument - tier 3 has 20% local manpower modifier, right?
View attachment 710001
Tier 1 is actually better, at 25% local manpower. It's not just a UI problem, because
View attachment 710002
Lisboa is correctly benefitting from Lena Palace's tier 3 +20% manpower

gg, more to come
To be fair, from what I understand, Tier 1 is +25% only in Lisboa, while Tier 3 is +20 but in the whole Alentejo Area. So it is (most of the time) an upgrade.

Reactions:
Onto Morocco, or more specifically, the Ksar (fortified village) of Aït Benhaddou in the province of Demnate, which I've taken the liberty of upgrading with the help of the cash command
1619549114517.png

as you can see, Tier 3 is
Global:
- Trade efficiency +10%
- Global trade power +5%
- Fort defense +20%
- Caravan power +33%

Now, what I find interesting about this is the fort defense modifier. Tiers 1 and 2 feature local defensiveness in area (15% and 25%, respectively)
1619549305053.png

Now, I take no issue with how the defensiveness decreases at the final tier like I just noticed with Portugal (facepalm), but it is interesting that I thought the "global" part of tier 3 defensiveness was bad UI at first. Nope.
1619549625286.png

Tangiers is correctly benefitting from the global defense modifier. The reason this stood out to me is that I noticed earlier, while browsing across the map, other monuments also have defensiveness but it only seems to be local at tier 3. See
Tower of London
1619549726891.png

Ambras castle (I still think the effects got swapped with Alhambra)
1619549796414.png

Himeji castle
1619550056727.png

So if y'all want to go uber defense, I guess go snipe Morocco!

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Are you feeling spiritual? Let's look at Stonehenge.
1619550617474.png

Huh, that seems pretty cool but if I'm going to flip to pagan as England/conquer England as a pagan, I'd hope it impr-
1619550735012.png

Oh, no change, that's.... odd. Maybe they only want to give us the decent religious modifiers after we've really committed to restoring this site...
1619550800821.png

...oh, this is awkward. For comparison, religious Ideas (which you'll almost certainly be taking if own land in Britain and have your true faith in the Pagan group) offer +1 missionaries, +3% missionary strength and +2 tolerance of the true faith. It seems somewhat pitiful that this monument isn't even up to scratch of idea groups, but in my search for comparisons, I've found so many fun and varied examples that it's going to become a new comment

Attachments

• 1619550415685.png
    1619550415685.png
    757,2 KB · Views: 0
  • 1619550468478.png
    1619550468478.png
    482,8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2Like
Reactions:
if I'm going to flip to pagan as England/conquer England as a pagan,
You only need province to be pagan. So all you have to do is to give it temporarily to vassal with proper religion, wait for convertion and sezie province back/integrate vassal.

Wait, Mount Fuji is a monument? Wait, can you destroy Mount Fuji!?
As i understand it, it's of course not the volcanoe itself... but the volcano is a holy site, with a great number of temples.