• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
About the trade road, glad you will adapt it. This is the most important part for me.
About the deserts I'm not sure. I like playing with the deserts since it forces you to adapt your expansion taking them into account. the downside is that they don't make a beautiful map.

Before voting, do we know if PDX will implement the extension of the realm's frontiers to the deserts if most of the surrounding provinces are controlled as in EU4?
I can't say about the extension of realms' frontiers to deserts... but my humble opinion based on no data but the way the devs comment this, I would't expect it to happen.

As for the deserts - I do agree with you. They were added for several reasons and if they are to be removed or not added, some kind of barrier might still be useful there and I would certainly consider it

Dear Elvain,

which tools would you need to properly edit rivers? Is it that you don't have the necessary knowledge, or that you would need to shell out money for software?

Dear Elvain,

which tools would you need to properly edit rivers? Is it that you don't have the necessary knowledge, or that you would need to shell out money for software?
Thank you for your kindness, damel,

I think it is somewhere between knowledge and tools. I only use freeware programs like GIMP and Paint.NET and I fail to find a way to put the rivers.bmp in propper setings even though I edit it in both these programs and use various steps which are in some online tutorials (which I furthemore keep forgetting where they are). And then there is similar problem with heightsmap I think.

Either way there is no way I would be asking for money to buy necessary commercial programs, and not only because it is strictly against game and forum rules. I also don't think I would find those programs useful.

But thank you again for your kindness

Thank you for your kindness, damel,

I think it is somewhere between knowledge and tools. I only use freeware programs like GIMP and Paint.NET and I fail to find a way to put the rivers.bmp in propper setings even though I edit it in both these programs and use various steps which are in some online tutorials (which I furthemore keep forgetting where they are). And then there is similar problem with heightsmap I think.

Either way there is no way I would be asking for money to buy necessary commercial programs, and not only because it is strictly against game and forum rules. I also don't think I would find those programs useful.

But thank you again for your kindness

My pleasure! Let me know if anything changes. Looking forward to the Jade Dragon version of the mod.

My pleasure! Let me know if anything changes. Looking forward to the Jade Dragon version of the mod.
Thanks.

I will let you know. I haven't been abke to do anything reasonable to makr the JD version ready and I can't say how will that change in upcoming two weeks to the release...
Hopefully I will be able to make it happen in time, but now I can't promise much.

There's quite a lot of (other) work ahead

hi everyone,

I've got a news for you which I suspect wouldn't be very welcome by most of you.
I'm currently having a long awaited and necessary vacation and I am not with my CK2 installed laptop and won't be with it for at least yet another week.
And even when I come back home, I'm affraid I won't have time to update the mod. I cenrtainly won't touch it until the end of november, most probably I won't be able to do anything until mid december and there is high chance I won't have enough time for the mod's update until the end of this year with further future very unclear since I'm now in quite important crossroad

So if there is anyone who has the time, will and skill, you can take over the mod with my full aproval. Just please contact me either here or via PM (or both).

Let's answer a question from different thread:
What will you do with your mod after the release of HF?
Ibn Battuta's Legacy will most probably become completely obsolete after the release of HF.

But there are still quite a few chances I would like to do, but I don't see them having chance to get included into the base game. Those will be included into a reworked version of the mod. The question is whether it would be under the label of this mod (Ibn Battuta's Legacy), or the other mod Ibn Battuta's World, which is entirely about these changes (history, culture and gameplay stuff). The last choice is to completely re-lable the mod and use new name....

Not sure yet which approach I will take.