Make construction budget allocation so that the country will always have a positive balance.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

illseeyoudrum

Sergeant
8 Badges
Dec 19, 2014
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II
Destroying construction sectors makes huge amounts of radicals and while this can be later rectified by SoL increase, the micro is very tedious such that it is better to just give them their wages. I think the best way to micro this is to only allocate construction as much as there is positive balance.

This can be done automatic (via decisions or tickbox) or done with slider.

Building up your construction sector ad infinitum or while you have a positive balance is not wise.

Your economy will be based mainly on demand of goods created and payed by the government.

This is not sustainable on the long run as described in other posts and in IRL.

PS: see
Thread 'What would an economist call this situation?'
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/what-would-an-economist-call-this-situation.1572153/
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...fix-the-service-economy.1576283/post-28854341

Last edited:
I am not saying build construction sectors, rather have goods throughput to be aligned with income.

And in the post you mentioned the main problem is the hydroelectric power plants being very productivity low. To be honest, tech 3 agricultural building probably has a better productivity. And services are altogether another mechanic.

I agree with this one, it would support the intention of adding buildings from the central UI menu for the building type and adding them 5 to 10 at a time. I'd love a simple "pause constructions that would cause the country's balance to go negative " button when I want to queue up lots of construction but I don't want to worry about manually rate limiting the use of my construction capacity

I am not saying build construction sectors, rather have goods throughput to be aligned with income.

And in the post you mentioned the main problem is the hydroelectric power plants being very productivity low. To be honest, tech 3 agricultural building probably has a better productivity. And services are altogether another mechanic.
Sorry, I didn’t get your point when I first read your suggestion.

A speed of the construction sector could be applied by the player that will be a middle ground between pausing all construction vs 100% construction. This could be implemented as putting on hold some of the construction buildings in certain states while keeping others working. When you have only one construction building, I see it more problematic on how the game works.

On the other hand, dimensioning your construction sector is key for gameplay, having that speed button isn’t helping nudging the player to size the construction sector optimally.

Finally, going into debt isnt’t bad as the interests paid by the government are accrued by POPs in your nation that see their income increased.

Sorry, I didn’t get your point when I first read your suggestion.

A speed of the construction sector could be applied by the player that will be a middle ground between pausing all construction vs 100% construction. This could be implemented as putting on hold some of the construction buildings in certain states while keeping others working. When you have only one construction building, I see it more problematic on how the game works.

On the other hand, dimensioning your construction sector is key for gameplay, having that speed button isn’t helping nudging the player to size the construction sector optimally.

Finally, going into debt isnt’t bad as the interests paid by the government are accrued by POPs in your nation that see their income increased.
I would think of it rather as a better way to do something you can already do poorly. As it stands, it's quite easy to have an economy with a happily growing Investment Pool but which is running on rather tight margins (say, you built up Admin for some early Institutions and Incorporations, or Universities to get your tech up to snuff). In those cases, you want to use less than the CP allotted to your government.

Giving us a slider that lets us set government-allotted CP to any value below the cap would allow us to delegate that CP to private investment without having to do cheesy things like carefully underfill our build queue.

As an example, let's say I produce 100 CP. My private investment sector can afford to run 75 CP continuously, and I'm able to take up the other 25 quite happily. However, by my laws I get 50% of all CP, so I end up running a major deficit while my investment pool fills up. As a solution, I delete the extra buildings in the queue, constructing exactly one building at a time so I only use 20 CP. This sort of fixes the problem, but now I need to manage the queue every time a building approaches completion. If I could allow the private sector to nab up to 75% of my CP (provided it can afford to), my economy would run smoothly. Crucially, I have the correct amount of CP for this economy, I'm just not able to allocate it as it should be.

• 1Like
Reactions: