• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.

King

Part Time Game Designer
11 Badges
Dec 7, 2001
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Victoria 2 Beta
The additional discussion thread rules, first and foremost do not bother PMing me about this AAR. Nothing will be discussed via PM and if you spam my PM box you will just get into trouble. Also I am not going to answer any game play questions here, if you want to find out about a game play feature your going to have persuade people that this is what Macedonia has to do. However I may provide further information about the game situation, I am busy man but I will do my best.

kristoff said:
King, you are military monarchy (as you wrote) or aristocratic monarchy (as the screenshot says)? Is it a difference in-game?

Opps that's a typo I will edit my AAR.

noddy102 said:
What resources do these barbarian provinces to the north provide?

I am at home at the moment, but if memory serves me correctly iron.

Ok it looks Eprius is the favourite at the moment. I got a few things to do first so there is still a chance to change peoples minds. Once I have done what I have to do I will announce the decision and play it out. Hopefully there will be a nice update by lunch time.

Ptolemy Keraunos was no eastern despot, he was a proper King in the traditional Hellenistic fashion. Some would say this was curse as he did not have unlimited freedom of action, but at the same time wise council could be heard as well. There was much discussion on what Macedonia should do, some felt that patience was the answer, but at the moment the war party is ascendant. Macedonia would expand by force of arms. For his earlier meddling in Macedonian affairs Pyrrhus of Eprius was the chosen target. Once he marched his army off to fight in support of Magna Graecia; Macedonia would strike.

Couple of quick points about the Egypt idea (it isn't impossible but require quite a bit of work). A fleet will be needed and off the top of my head Egypt has quite a few provinces still, the screen shot doesn't show the ones to the west in Cyrenica.

The Weekend is starting so there will be no updating over the weekend.

Good morning all, the consensus seems to be for a consolidation and colonisation strategy. So unless we get a big swing in the next hour or so that will be the plan. I will get our Stab back up get a few colonies in the North, unless someone interfears in our plans.

Quick run down on National ideas I have 2 from each catagory available at the moment (I get more choices in the future) and the prefered mix is two military and 1 civic. So I took two military ideas that increase cavalry and heavy infantry discipline, and a civic that increases defensive (i.e. my ability to withstand sieges). If I hadn't had access to Iron and Horses I would of reconisdered taking the prefered mix as cavalry discpline isn't useful without horses.

We have a new update

hjarg said:
King, just one more thing. Could you show us the screenshot of the king, his skill and stuff?

I'll see what I can for the next update. I sort of forgot this time. :eek:o

Ok Ptolemy's circle of advisors are a bit divided here, with have hjarg the elder leading the war party against Illyria, while we have other voices calling for diplomacy and fleet construction. While other voices are calling for consolidation. It looks like we will have to try a balanced strategy here. However there is still time to win the debate. I have a few things to do first.

Ok I did quick fleet scouting mission. I can 6 cohorts on the border and none on the coast. There is one province I can not see from either the border or the coast so there may be more troops hiding in the interior. Also Illyria has access to both Iron and Horses, which means that its army should be of a much higher quality than the Greek states to the South.

Edit: I'll delay starting todays update for a bit, while you consider this information.

Well it looks like Illyria is next. I'll try and get some tribute out of the Greeks states to the South and maybe build a ship or 2.

Well it looks like the Macedonian Council speaks with one voice. I will get the last update, before I go off for my Easter long Weekend, up today.