• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The winter of 1948 shall see the final defeat of the Godless German regime.
Hallelujah !

This AAR is awesome, I finally caught up after 2 days of intensive reading. Great writing, I love when there is a bulk of text with story and not only pictures, you're doing a good job at keeping a reasonable balance between the two. You got one more subscriber right here. Two thumbs up.

Glad to have you! The updates lately have been a lot shorter and less narrative-based mainly because I've been really busy as of late and haven't really had the time to sit down and do some writing. I'm hoping to put up another update tomorrow, and then after that get a lil narrative loving on.

Doh! That's what I get for being in a rush :p On a related note, I have to once again offer a gigantic apology to everyone who's following, as I was supposed to update Monday and never did. With graduate school forms and job searches and stuff I just simply haven't had the time to sit down and do a proper update. My night is clear today though, so at some point before I turn in for bed, I'll put up another update!

Thanks for sticking with me!!

The Cascade

As the armies of the Vatican and the Bourbon Empire fought to hold their ground againt the elite soldiers of the German Army, it became increasingly clear that the Holy Roman Empire was the key to winning the war. Nearly all of the major progress made in Europe had been primarily the result of the Imperial army's incredible strength, and this trend continued into the summer of 1948 with a pair of major victories.

In May, Imperial troops fully occupied the former Baltic lands, eliminating Germany's presence in the far north and allowing Imperial soldiers to begin moving south toward Germany proper. June brought the annexation of Poland into the Holy Roman Empire, closing the final front of the Empire's centrally-located wars, leaving the only active fronts against Germany in the west and the Ottoman Empire in the east.

137-TheCascadeLateJune48.jpg

As Imperial forces gain victories Poland and the German far north, forces move southward to crush German resistence

Operation Blue Ring

Field Mashal Bergonzoli cursed his talent for being assiged far from home. As a General, he had been sent to Bourbon Sudan to lead the armored invasion of Imperial Abyssinia. Now, while most of the Holy Army was in Italy fighting against the Germans on the home front, the promoted Field Marshall was in Holy Roman Imperial territory preparing for yet another foreign invasion.

Still, though, Bergonzoli would take Germany over Africa any day. The Field Marshall, easily of retirement age and beyond for a man in his line of work, sat in an improvised command center within Imperial-controlled German territory, situated south of Berlin. With reinforcements from Poland and the northern Baltic regions streaming southward in increasingly large numbers, Bergonzoli had been ordered to orchestrate the final, decisive capture of Berlin and end the back-and-forth fighting over the German capitol.

By this point the aging leader hardly looked composed. His jacket hung wide open to reveal a sweat-stained undershirt, and he spent more time seated in his chair than doing anything else. But the fact remained that Bergonzoli was the Holy Army's most brilliant commander of armored and mobile forces, which was why he had been entrusted with 20 divisions for the capture of Berlin.

With 8 tank divisions and 12 mechanized divisions at his disposal, Bergonzoli broke Operation Blue Ring into three stages.

First, a large-scale assault into Cottbus would isolate German forces penetrating into Imperial territory, allowing all available forces to be committed to Berlin. Second, armored divisions would move north to encircle Berlin, meeting with Imperial troops on the northern coast, before beginning the final siege of the German capitol city. With that completed, Bergonzoli would be free to move westward and link up with the rest of the Holy Army near France.

138-OperationBlueRing.jpg

The proposed plan of General Bergonzoli's mission to capture Berlin, codenamed Blue Ring

From his command room, fully furnished with a small prayer chapel and several large bottles of expensive aged wine, Bergonzoli received daily radio updates on the progress of his operation.

The initial thrust into Cottbus went smoothly, and within a week the German forces caught behind ALCN lines were annihlated, their entire forces killed or captured. The second stage of the opertion likewise proceeded without a hitch, resulting in the complete encirclement of Berlin by the end of July. The final phase, however, was the most challenging: a massive bombardment of Berlin to soften the city up for the final assault.

140-Aug48.jpg

The European front, as the ALCN gains dramatic ground against Germany

===

I'm really pumped!! One because I finally got an update done, and two because the HRE is just facerolling Germany! Berlin will be a tough nut to crack, but the downfall f Germany is now almost completely assured :)

lol, Otto is going to conquer all of europe...it would be nice though, if you had something implemented like, new revolutions in the Balkans, or puppet nations created by the HRE and then they would revolt...something like that is always nice...:rofl:

but that's up to you, I like the way this is going, Germany defeated soon!

Tim

Germans are routed! :eek:

Eager to see the post-war Europe.

Nice job finally cracking Germany, but looking at the size of that HRE I can't help but wonder if we're going to see a repeat of the historical relationship between Emperor and Pope...

Might I suggest by patriarchate, provided that the patriarchs recognize that the Patriarch of Rome is the first among them?

Give Greece-Bulgaria-west Asia Minor to Constantinople, the remainder of Turkey to Antioch.

In the north, create a Catholic Poland as a HRE puppet and a reconstituted German Order in the Baltic as a gesture to show that it isn't Germany that's the problem, it's Lutheranism. Restrict the HRE to the combined medieval and Habsburg regions.

In the north, create a Catholic Poland as a HRE puppet and a reconstituted German Order in the Baltic as a gesture to show that it isn't Germany that's the problem, it's Lutheranism. Restrict the HRE to the combined medieval and Habsburg regions.

Que? A religious order? I can understand an bishopric but an order?!

Greece and Bulgaria as a Constantinople patriarchate. Turkey as an Antioch one. Hungary and Croatia as Hungary. Bosnia and Serbia as Serbia. Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth reborn. Give them pre vanilla WW 2 borders + Oppeln, Lithuania and what they claimed. Germany + Austria + Bohemia + Netherlands + Belgium + Luxembourg + Switzerland (Unless you want to keep it for yourself.) as HRE. Latvia, Estonia and what isn't polish as an unified Baltic federation. Ukraine reborn as a hetmanate (Sevastopol as papal base in the Black Sea.)

Make an anarchist Ukraine where you can send all the dissenters from the religious Europe. :rofl: That is, after you strip it of it's resources first. :)

Seriously though, the ideas posted by the previous posters sound good.

Que? A religious order? I can understand an bishopric but an order?!

Uh huh... and why, after the Reformation, the Enlightenment, and the rise of nationalism, are we discussing Nukepope? Why exactly was the Ottoman war dubbed a crusade? A return to the political situation of the Middle Ages, with a Pope who was both politically and secularly powerful, is already in the works, why not complete it?

The German Order was never properly disbanded, any more than the Hospitallers were; they both became charitable institutions. To take the Baltic and grant it to the German Order as a land grant doesn't involve constituting a new anything, and does show, as I said, that the target of the war wasn't Germany, it was apostasy and schism.

Greece and Bulgaria as a Constantinople patriarchate. Turkey as an Antioch one. Hungary and Croatia as Hungary. Bosnia and Serbia as Serbia. Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth reborn. Give them pre vanilla WW 2 borders + Oppeln, Lithuania and what they claimed. Germany + Austria + Bohemia + Netherlands + Belgium + Luxembourg + Switzerland (Unless you want to keep it for yourself.) as HRE. Latvia, Estonia and what isn't polish as an unified Baltic federation. Ukraine reborn as a hetmanate (Sevastopol as papal base in the Black Sea.)

Given that the current HRE is forged out of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, and the ethnic tensions that were tearing the empire apart in the first part of the 20th Century seem to have been moderated, or at least glossed over, for the moment, why split them?

Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth seems fine to me. Put Karl Albrecht Habsburg on the throne, give Poland the pre-1772 borders and rock the Central Europe XD

Uh huh... and why, after the Reformation, the Enlightenment, and the rise of nationalism, are we discussing Nukepope? Why exactly was the Ottoman war dubbed a crusade? A return to the political situation of the Middle Ages, with a Pope who was both politically and secularly powerful, is already in the works, why not complete it?

But a religious order?! That is completely impossible. A nukepope is possible. But this isn't!

If you wanted crazy you should've told me. ;)