• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
But a religious order?! That is completely impossible. A nukepope is possible. But this isn't!

If you wanted crazy you should've told me. ;)

Why's it impossible? Technically, the Sovereign Military Order of Malta is still an independent state, and Kaiserreich Balts are already used to being ruled by a Germanic military state. I'm just substituting priests for Junkers.

Personally I'm all for returning a religious order to the Baltic.

Then again, I'm biased. ;)

I wouldn't mind a new Baltic religious order.
Old fashioned indeed, but after all it's a world where the Pope is at the helm of a Pan European coaltion.
Deus Vult !

I don't see a problem with bringing back the religious orders. This AAR has already brought back anachronistic entities such as the HRE, the Bourbons in France and (hopefully) the Kingdom of Jerusalem and besides it's not as though a group of militant monks would be out of place in this setting.

Holy crap, I'd forgotten about the Kingdom of Jerusalem. Second that, even if it interferes with a patriarchate!

Yes, create a bunch of anachronistic religious states - this pope is INSANE, remember!

Teutonic Order (Prussia, use it to cover most of Northern Germany and give rest to HRE)
Kingdom of Jerusalem (supersized Israel - and for a nod to the days of the Crusades, crown as King the first General to arrive there)

Don't forget Asia and all those Confusion Heretics on the Mainland! :D

update?

Tim

Seconded

Razgriz

Also, how to split up the HRE, I say:

Reform Greece and European Turkey, including Constantinople into the Latin Empire.

Asian Turkey already under HRE Rule can be the Empire of Nicaea.

The Teutonic Order can be established from Northern Germany

The Kingdom of Jerusalem from modern day Israel, Jordan and Syria.

The Despotate of Epirus from Albania, and the Southern Yugoslav states.

the HRE can retain Austria, Hungary and the Northern Yugoslav states.

That's my idea, but then I'm more into multiple states.