• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've made small tweaks to my own private version of Kaiserreich, mainly a small change to the Cavalry tree with adding a Heavy Cavalry between Armored and Air one. Made some SKIF icons for Germany and Commune of France but these are obsolete. There are some other changes to French AI, French manpower etc. too but I would rather not upload it here. Anyone can create its own fork on github?
Bez tytułu.png

Attachments

• KH.zip
    587,8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
A bug I've seen for a long time as Russia is that Once I've fulfilled the 'Middle East' and 'Pacific' expansion directions, the option to attack the west never fires. Is there a fix for this?

It's probably because expansion paths are bugged.

And I noticed similar issue: if Germany annexes CoF before Russia turns west, she is deprived of weltkrieg decision. I gues, Russian equivalent of vanilla "Barbarossa" would suffice.

It's probably because expansion paths are bugged.

And I noticed similar issue: if Germany annexes CoF before Russia turns west, she is deprived of weltkrieg decision. I gues, Russian equivalent of vanilla "Barbarossa" would suffice.
Yeah, I always like to leave the Western Expansion option until last, as that tends to require the most troops, but it must be bugged as once I've conquerd Central Asia, the Caucasus and defeated Japan, nothing else fires

Reactions:
Yeah, I always like to leave the Western Expansion option until last, as that tends to require the most troops, but it must be bugged as once I've conquerd Central Asia, the Caucasus and defeated Japan, nothing else fires

I am personally interested in the issue. and it seems like the event 903002 (in Kaiserreich\db\events\Russia\revised russian foreign policy.txt), was bugged, which cause the problem for your case. I will check it later.

EDIT: Actually it seems the devs forget to add "command = { type = clrflag which = RUS_KGD } " and "command = { type = clrflag which = RUS_AOD }" in the action_a response in the event 901979. If these 2 lines were added, it will correct the event chain.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I am personally interested in the issue. and it seems like the event 903002 (in Kaiserreich\db\events\Russia\revised russian foreign policy.txt), was bugged, which cause the problem for your case. I will check it later.

EDIT: Actually it seems the devs forget to add "command = { type = clrflag which = RUS_KGD } " and "command = { type = clrflag which = RUS_AOD }" in the action_a response in the event 901979. If these 2 lines were added, it will correct the event chain.
Awesome! I'll try that. I hope they fix it officially. Do we know when/if KRDH will get a new release with additional content?

I tested the event chain and realized that more work is required.
The event 901977 needs to add more trigger lines.

Code:
event = {
id = 901977
country = RUS
style = 2
picture = "RusEvent1"

trigger = {
    NOT = {
        flag = RUS_CAUCCONQ
        local_flag = RUSexp_cea #added
        flag = RUS_AOD
        flag = RUS_KGD
        exists = SIB
        exists = SOV
        ispuppet = RUS
        atwar = RUS
    }

Also, the event 901996 didn't have the date/offset/deathdate lines and trigger lines, so I added them.

Code:
event = {
    id = 901996
    country = RUS
    style = 2
    picture = "RusEvent1"

# I added the following trigger and date/offset/deathdate lines.

trigger = {
        local_flag = RUSexp_cea
        local_flag = RUSexp_cau
        NOT = {
            local_flag = RUSexp_fae
            local_flag = RUSexp_eas
            local_flag = RUSexp_mie
            flag = RUS_KGD
            flag = RUS_AOD
            exists = SIB
            exists = SOV
            ispuppet = RUS
            atwar = RUS
        }
    }

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1936 }
    offset = 20
    deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1963 }

name = "Focus in International Policy"

After that, I tested the game and conquered the central Asia, the Caucasus, the far east, and then the middle east, after that the event chain successfully worked. I hope other routes will also work.

Russia_Correct_Event_Chain.png

EDIT: @it068, I want to the official response about this issue too, but seems like they are silent for while.

Last edited:
EDIT: @it068, I want to the official response about this issue too, but seems like they are silent for while.
Oops, ya. I saw the previous posts and will work on integrating the fix.

If Transamur either ceases to exist or expands her borders beyond Amur river, Russia can't enact "Transamur plebiscite" decision.
Also fixed the trigger for the plebiscite to consider the possibility of Transamur owned Siberia.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I'm looking forward to the fix!
I checked the AI Russia game, and if the AI chose the Caucasus first and Russia had already annexed the north part of Central Asia, the event 901977 (next choice to Central Asia) was not fired, so perhaps the "local_flag = RUSexp_cea" line in the NOT ={} would be more suitable for the trigger.
The event 901996 also needs "flag = RUS_KGD" and "flag = RUS_AOD" in NOT= {} for some cases.

Also, I found a minor bug. After the AI Ottoman won the Arab war (which is extremely rare) and made a puppet of Egypt, their flag was wrongly displayed.

Egypt_Flag_Bug.png

Last edited:
Small bug - Centroamerica conquered Honduras, but apparently didn't get conquest event, as she has no cores there (previously she chose "we're content with our borders" or smh).

Last edited:
I checked the event file and the shield graphic(shield_EGY_khed.bmp) for the Egypt shield bug, but it seems like there is no problem at all in them, so I guess it is DH's bug rather than the mod's bug.

I watched another AI Russia game and saw a problem in the event chain.
If Russia made a move to the Caucasus first, and Germany threatened her. Then she chose "We must abandon this direction. For now..", after that, the event didn't have an option to take Central Asia, so, doesn't have an opportunity to make the flag RUSexp_cea, and because of that, later the event chain will be broken. The easiest solution for it would be just to remove this option and only have remained 3 options, which are waiting to finish the Caucasus conquest, going on to Central Asia, or abandoning the conquest at all.

Last edited:
Small bug - Centroamerica conquered Honduras, but apparently didn't get conquest event, as she has no cores there (previously she chose "we're content with our borders" or smh).
Centroamerica can get cores for peaceful inheritance but not via conquest, I'll add an event for holding those provinces to cover that oversight.
I watched another AI Russia game and saw a problem in the event chain.
If Russia made a move to the Caucasus first, and Germany threatened her. Then she chose "We must abandon this direction. For now..", after that, the event didn't have an option to take Central Asia, so, doesn't have an opportunity to make the flag RUSexp_cea, and because of that, later the event chain will be broken. The easiest solution for it would be just to remove this option and only have remained 3 options, which are waiting to finish the Caucasus conquest, going on to Central Asia, or abandoning the conquest at all.
Yeah, that option triggers event 903045 which has a description that references Central Asia. I'll take that "We must abandon this direction" out, for now.

I don't have old version of the mod, so in order to allow the British to get rid of the TUC HoS, I made this:
Code:
event = {
id = 214920
random =  no
country = ENG

trigger = {
headofstate = 1211
}

name = "By-election of 1937"
desc = "Recent months brought news about growing unrest in America and Spain, which popularized Maximist ideas and gave hope of new wave of revolutions happening across the world. As Britain is expected to host second Congress of the International this year, TUC organized Chairmanship by-elections to clarify stance of the young Republic. Votes have been counted and the victory goes to..."
style = 2
picture = "Mosley1"
#Horner is moderate choice and alternative to Mosley. As other factions are sidelined, I see no reason for both of them to compromise. Mosley will have an opportunity to merge the posts, though.
date = { day = 7 month = march year = 1937 }

action_a = {
name = "Horner" #Needs better description
ai_chance = 50
command = { type = headofstate which = 1207 } #Horner
command = { type = headofgovernment which = 1316 }
command = { type = setflag which = ENG_HORNER }
command = { type = local_setflag which = UoB_federationist }
command = { type = set_domestic which = democratic value = 3 }
command = { type = set_domestic which = political_left value = 9 }
command = { type = domestic which = interventionism value = 1 }
command = { type = domestic which = defense_lobby value = 1 }
command = { type = dissent value = -1 }
}

action_b = {
name = "Mosley thanks to his oratory skills, charisma and vision!"
ai_chance = 50
command = { type = headofstate which = 1204 }
command = { type = armamentminister which = 1257 }
command = { type = setflag which = ENG_MOSLEY }
command = { type = local_setflag which = UoB_maximist_tuc }
command = { type = songs which = MosleyManifesto.txt }
command = { type = set_domestic which = democratic value = 1 }
command = { type = set_domestic which = political_left value = 10 }
command = { type = domestic which = interventionism value = 3 }
command = { type = domestic which = defense_lobby value = 3 }
}
}

event = {
id = 214921
random =  no
country = ENG

trigger = {
event = 214920
flag = ENG_MOSLEY }

name = "The office of General Secretary"
desc = "Oswald Mosley has become Chairman of the Congress of Trade Unions, to many the election of Mosley is seen as a the beginning of a new era in British Politics, and many of Mosley's supporters are urging him to remove Arthur Horner as Chairman of the Congress of Trade Unions... the last remnant of the old system of government."
style = 2
picture = "Mosley1"
# Mosley leans towards merging the offices of Chairman and General Secretary, washing away the old system, if not Mosley can just appoint Blair.
date = { day = 14 month = march year = 1937 }

action_a = {
name = "Mosley merges the offices of Chairman and General Secretary!"
ai_chance = 50
command = { type = headofstate which = 1204 }
command = { type = headofgovernment which = 1291 }
command = { type = dissent value = 5 } #popular but unconstitutional move
command = { type = setflag which = MOSLEY_GENSEC }
command = { type = local_clrflag which = UoB_maximist_tuc }
command = { type = local_setflag which = UoB_maximist_dictatorship }
}

action_b = {
name = "Mosley appoints fellow Maximist Eric Blair as General Secretary"
ai_chance = 50
command = { type = headofgovernment which = 1206 }
}
}

event = {
id = 214922
random =  no
country = ENG

trigger = { flag = ENG_MOSLEY }

name = "Totalist reforms"
desc = "After gaining power, Maximists started to implement their programme: centralization of economy, more active foreign policy and public works. While popular, this shift in British policy came also with increasing authoritarian nature of the state apparatus and growing militarism."
style = 2
picture = "Syndicalists" #needs slightly more appropriate picture

date = { day = 0 month = april year = 1937 }
offset = 90
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1962 }
action_a = {
name = "Good"
command = { type = dissent value = -5 }
command = { type = peacetime_ic_mod value = 10 }
command = { type = domestic which = free_market value = -9 }
command = { type = set_domestic which = freedom value = 3 }
command = { type = suppression which = police value = 5 }
command = { type = relative_manpower value = 10 }
command = { type = belligerence which = ENG value = 10 } #Sabre-rattling
command = { type = domestic which = interventionism value = 2 } #probably redundant anyway
command = { type = domestic which = defense_lobby value = 2 }
}
}

Reactions:
Huh, what fixes are we talking about? If there are any I've missed them :eek:
I've seen @Matthias Corvinus (great name btw!) writing about fixes all throughout the thread (see post #14,498 on this page, 2 posts above yours!) and I'm sure he's been doing it since February, but the latest link on the front page has no hotfix and is last updated in Feb.

• 1Like
Reactions: