Interested in purchasing it (again), but got a few questions first:

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Eugenioso

Banned
5 Badges
Sep 15, 2008
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Darkest Hour
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
Has the map been revamped? This was my biggest turn-off when playing it more than a decade ago. I hate the ugly ass map from the original HOI2 and always hoped that we might get an Iron Cross/Darkest Hour map choice for the areas.

I assume the supply system still works? This was (and is!) the greatest thing about the game: the supply lines. Some stupid glitches did happen in the past in AoD, like rebasing somewhere and POOF sorry now you must resupply from djibouti instead of from the lvl 10 port!

How is the AI? Better than before i hope?

Has the map been revamped? This was my biggest turn-off when playing it more than a decade ago. I hate the ugly ass map from the original HOI2 and always hoped that we might get an Iron Cross/Darkest Hour map choice for the areas.

I assume the supply system still works? This was (and is!) the greatest thing about the game: the supply lines. Some stupid glitches did happen in the past in AoD, like rebasing somewhere and POOF sorry now you must resupply from djibouti instead of from the lvl 10 port!

How is the AI? Better than before i hope?
no map update yet but it is planned for the next patch (1.14) but we are still working on 1.13 right now.

supply system still works and yes there is still something with it doing that choice of which province it uses for supply depot, will have to throw julie at it at some point but we already have a lot on the plate with the current upgrades we are doing with everything else

i did the ai mod vanguard and i am the one in charge of the ai for 1.13 so i think there will be a nice improvement with it, the core ai has been updated a little in 1.12 with the naval groups but i would not call it revolutionary and we are still using that core ai

• 3Like
Reactions:
Damn, that sucks, the map's a deal breaker for me. Still, do you know when the 1.14 patch is coming out?

Damn, that sucks, the map's a deal breaker for me. Still, do you know when the 1.14 patch is coming out?
well, it is going to be a large patch so not for at least a year is my guess, we are just about to put 1.13 out on public beta.

hope to see you then ^^,
game on!

JUST SO YOU KNOW....there is a MOD call AOD DEC in the mod section that lets you play AOD on the DH map.....mind you it does also have a changed tech tree....still has all the features of AOD

• 1Like
Reactions:
Link please?

JUST SO YOU KNOW....there is a MOD call AOD DEC in the mod section that lets you play AOD on the DH map.....mind you it does also have a changed tech tree....still has all the features of AOD
But you have to have DH too
Or you can just wait until AoD1.14. I've already got the Fabien's E3 map working with AoD 1.13

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have DH XD, and if there's a mod that alters the map to look like DH's im down to buy it. What is the link?

NO WAY JOSE....lol....last time i provide a link to a mod (iron cross for AOD/DH/HOI2,,,,YOU cant buy it anymore but this is same version you could buy when paradox sold it)... paradox BANNED ME....call me a pirate...even if all i did was link to an official list provided by a paradox forum mod.....anyway t find DEC MOD just look at AOD MOD PAGE....its should be top of list under the sticky sites...his link to the mod is on front and last page ....gl

• 1Like
Reactions: