• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
von Loch Ness said:
wouldnt that disrupt balance too much??

which part of the bad AI management do you refer to, btw?
that empires fall apart or something else?
Yes, both civil war (almost bound to happen, and AI Britain lost half of its territory in one) and increased stabcost leads to chaos... and I think it would only do better to see _some_ AI competition in later game (reduced BB won't affect the beginning IMO).

is there a trigger to check for bb? if so, i propose an entirely new feature that would mirror imperialism council of governors and add a neat new dimension (well, in my worthless opinion :^)).

every, say, 50 years, EVERYONE, not just AI, gets an event based on their BB rating. there would be an awards system based on how low the bb is. at 0, the nation would get something like 100 ducats to really illustrate it's "honorable" reputation. ever 5 bb or so, the event would go roughly like this

BB rating---ducats---BB reduction
0..............+100.......0
5..............+50.........1.5
15............-50.........4.5

and so on and so forth. though totally goofy if looked at historically, from a gameworld standpoint, the bad nations are paying the good nations to like them and in the process don't look so bad. hard to hate someone who just greased your palms.

this would accomplish two things: one, nations with low BB, who were probably too poor to wage war, can now actually do something! my beloved island nations are especially benefitted :^); two, the problem of high BB AI (and even human) nations falling apart won't happen so frequently now.

of course, all this depends on if bb can be used as a trigger.

-Matt

i think it would work if the bb was reduced to 0 after each such event

otoh, 100D isnt enough to wage a war, so i dont think the "good" nations would do anything with the money ;)
maybe if the "prize" was bigger... :)

Updates in Independent Europe v 1.69:
- Updated the random events to 1.08 standard, as well as tweaking them further
- Fixed a bug with the state cultures for Sardinia and Latvia
- Fixed a monarch name bug for Mantua
- Replaced all admirals with generals, no more naval leaders

File in the usual place...

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot:
- Tweaked infra and trade tech. Hopefully it will not be so easy to become ridiculous rich and also help the AI (better % in the begining not increasing so much in the end).

Last edited:
von Loch Ness said:
i like what you say about techs, i was thinking about it

btw, when i start as Sudeten it always starts on March 25th, 1419 ... every single time and it only happens with them
any idea why?
I had this problem once as well but for me it started in October... strange enough it all worked fine when I restarted the computer... :confused:

hey you asked about starting countries some days ago
i'd suggest Silesia
it has 3 cultures and a great set of leaders. so far i've had 4 leaders in 40 years: 3 with a siege value of 2 and one other with siege value 3. one of them is 6/6/5/2
i survived almost 40 years of non-stop wars (literally) because of these siege values :)

Hi, just started playing your mod and great work!
But I seem to have a problem with infrastructure. I cant even get to lvl 1! Any hep you can give me?

Maybor said:
Hi, just started playing your mod and great work!
But I seem to have a problem with infrastructure. I cant even get to lvl 1! Any hep you can give me?
Have you tried the fix for 1.69... if it didn't work or you're just lazy (;)) just delete this file:
EU2-folder\Independent\Db\Infra.csv

Kaigon said:
Have you tried the fix for 1.69... if it didn't work or you're just lazy (;)) just delete this file:
EU2-folder\Independent\Db\Infra.csv

I tried 1.69, it did'nt work but I did delete the file as you suggested and it works fine now.
Thanks.
One last question what are the unifying events?

Maybor said:
One last question what are the unifying events?
I'm aware that it's currently a _bit_ diffuse of what it is, but those are the events that let you become a culture nation if you own all the provinces of your first culture and also the events that enables you to unify all your state cultures (with cores).

von Loch Ness said:
kaigon, i seem to have missed something :)
are both types of empires now possible?
i thought only the culture ones were added and i've never had the second type (i didnt know they were in)
Well, the regionnationevents are under work and I'm considering to remove them... as of now you can't become both, since empires events are tag specific chaning tag will therefore block you from getting them.

The 24 starting nations are currently:
Cornwall, Krakow, Pfalz, Napoli, Aragon, Ryazan, Trabzon, Gästrikland, Sachsen, Silesia, Skåne, Bulgaria, Tirol, Egypt, Connaught, Nizhgorod, Messina, Anatolia, Estramadura, Maine, Hellas, Kouban, Dauphiné and Magyar.

Updates in Independent Europe v 1.70:
- There are now 24 starting shields instead of 8. Hopefully, those 24 nations are a bit easier than the average IES nation
- Added a new option where the AI can have BB reduction events, hopefully saving their empires from destruction
- Overhaul of events:
- Disabled regionnationevents, probably permanent
- Added addcoreevents that randomly gives you a core on a non-cored province you own
- Completely reworked the AI events to give simulate better DP changes
- Culturenations now have a permanently reduced revoltrisk by 2
- Removed added basetax att high centralization for events that gives provincebuildings
- Changed the event that gave tax collector to a province to give it a basetax boost instead
- The pricereduction for those kind of events reworked, making it more expensive
- Removed most VP penlaties in certain event options

In the usual place of course...