• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Me and a friend tried to get multiplayer to run, but it CTD'ed after about 1 year.

Just letting you know... :rolleyes:

PiedroAillard said:
Hello,

dowloaded the newest version of IES and tried to run it. Got errors reporting that the game was trying to create leaders and monarchs whose IDs were already in use. :mad:

Hit Ignore while writing down the ID ranges: 2561-2568, 4042, 5200-5210, 5249, 10820-10829, 10896, 12301-12400, 12600-12699, 19481-19459, 19850-19878, 19983... then got bored and just held down the Ignore button until the errors stopped and the game started (the errors continued for something like a minute or so while holding the Ignore button down). The game ran OK for a few minutes (a couple of years gametime, was playing in normal speed), the it CTDd. :confused:

Didn't bother to check the leader and monarch files, as it seemed every god damn leader ID was reported to be a duplicate of something else and I had other things to do. :)
Something seems to have gone wrong during the install, just try to make a whole new install (delete the folder, backup your saves and graphics (at least if you don't have the graphics exes availible) and the install everything again).
Another error could be that moddir, somehow, isnt' used. Did you start from the desktop shortcut and not the ordinary EU2 shortcut?

TheLoneTaco said:
try slowing the game down to the slowest setting on dec 20th and run with that until jan 10th. that ought to solve the problem

-Matt

Thx :) We'll try that next time we play.

EDIT: Only for the first year, or every year?

as long as you need to. most times you only need to do it once, sometimes much more often, depending on how many countries are left. the problem the game has is updating the data for all 300 nations at once while saving the game. after the first year you get down to about 200-250, and by the second year a manageable 150 or so. make sure to save on dec 20th before trying to run through full speed :^)

-Matt

I see. But what if I don't autosave? And why on the 20th?

igorvragovic said:
I downloaded all the files, and unzipped them, and went through instalation procedure, but I do not know how to start the game.

If I click on one of those two icons, the icon is just opened as a mere picture.

In which EU folders should I place IES files ?

thanks
The installation should've put a shortcut on your desktop. If this was not the case you need to make a shortcut to EU2.exe (and there should be a folder called Independent there too) but instead of:
"C:\whatever\EU2.exe"
make it
"C:\whatever\EU2.exe" Independent
but really, the installer should create a shortcut on your desktop.

Kaigon said:
I downloaded it from here, I hope it's the one most updated:
http://www.slargos.se/forum/index.php?showtopic=115

However, I won't include the necessary files in the download (since I don't want to add 0,4 MB in every download just for some optional thing), but I will link to it in various places.

Updates in Independent Europe v 1.71:
- Made the IES compatible with Slargos' Random Goods Generator
:)

Just wondering , where can I find IES v 1.71?

I'm very late, I know :eek:o

Your scenario is great in all respects but once the countries really really start going the events where you become a culture nation states kinda rob the surprise from you and after that there is not a whole lot scripted for it.

What is the point to play from one province steinmark and aquire the slovenian and north italian cultures only to lose those and become technically austria with a name like "lower germany"? or upper, whatever, that is nto the point, the point is that after that there is pretty much no way to become say a north italian, upper german, magyar, polish ruthenian kingdom.

or noth iberian, gaelic and west french kingdom,

fantasy realms and stuff

my 2 cents

Other than that minor thing Props to you kaigon

since i implemented the culture nation stuff...

my idea was to give players something to do later in the game and to reward some level of conquest. without those events (or the regional nation events), you would never get beyond your original cores.

you also mentioned losing cultures and generally feeling robbed. in IES, culture nations and regional nations are not handled as well as i would have liked them to be. here it is MUCH better to just wait a while and become a regional nation, or to pick the third option (change country name) and then become the regional nation. in NSIS, i fixed them a good deal, actually balancing culture nations and regional nations. in that scenario (which has not been updated in months and is still generally quite buggy), becoming a culture nation immediately makes you a fearsome regional powerhouse while a regional nation gives you a crapload of domestic and international problems before allowing you to have cores over (in some cases) half the continent.

ideally there would be much more dynamism but unfortunately this is VERY hard to code. if you come up with any ideas please let us know :^)

-Matt

Lone Taco NSIS never worked for me

i installed it into a fresh 1.08b and it crashes saying wrong monarch if i try to load your autosave and it crashes without saying anything if i try so,me other nation

Now that the map can be edited, how about making a Europe only-map for IES? I'm not saying that I should do it or that "you" should do it, I'm just saying that it'd be a great game... :rolleyes: