• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
von Loch Ness said:
what's that for?
I would guess it has something do to with this:
Kaigon said:
- Made a lot of tag swapping to save some graphics space
Or to be more precisely:
ALD <> LGD
ANJ <> CRE
BAE <> MLL
CYR <> SWA
EIR <> FEZ
SLO -> TRI
SON -> SLO
SEV <> TUN
SPA -> ALI
TAN <> DLH
U01 <> POR
U02 <> HUN
U03 <> TUR
U06 <> RUS
U07 -> STE
MOR -> U07
U08 <> KAL
U10 <> GER
U11 <> CAS
U12 <> ITA
U15 <> VAL
U25 <> FIN
U26 -> HOL
SUD -> U26
U29 <> MAM
U30 <> ABB
U38 <> IRA
U39 <> ARA

It's not really helping him on his work on IES Overseas...
EDIT: Updated the tag changing list, it's complete now

Last edited:
Now I've also fixed country.csv and placed out all unique sprites.
I also converted all flags (192!) from 24-bit to 8-bit, which will reduce the GFX-file by ~1,5 MB as well as removing the shining-in-the-fog-of-war-effect (it will look better since a lot of the flags taken from vanilla 1.08 were 8-bit)

Now, here you go... download in the usual place...
Updates in Independent Europe v 1.68:
- Added another 5 new nations, Toubkal, Batn al Hajar, Nubia, Sudan and Medina, all sunni (there are now 298 nations!)
- Added everything related to the new nations, such as modified events, cores, leaders and monarchs (graphics comes is a separate file)
- Made all religions have +2.00 yearly colonists
- Changed all natives to be more tolerant towards Trade Posts but more aggressive towards Colonies
- Changed culture in Sinai from egyptian to arabic
- Changed religion in Ragusa from catholic to orthodox
- Smoothened up the random CoT process
- Made a lot of tag swapping to save some graphics space
- Fixed and updated the 1519 scenario
- Updated the .ai files
- Fixed a few errors in country.csv, there are now a few more unique sprites used
- Made all 192 flags 8-bit instead of 24-bit shrinking the download size (due to this and the tag swapping you'll have to download all graphics "again")

The nations, which start with CoT - unless they're randomly placed in each game.
If they are randomly placed... Tyrol (my personal favourite :D ) and Skåne, perhaps... *looks at my location*

If we used the 8 original CoT nations (it's an option to randomzie the CoTs, yes by default though) as well as Bulgaria, Tyrol and Skåne that's still only 11 out of 24 shields... perhaps we could take ~1 nation from each culture (there are 31 cultures, so the 7 smallest might have to go), IIRC TheLoneTaco suggested this.
The 8 smallest ones are probably Portuguese (4), Armenian (4), Franco-Provencal (5), Romanian (6), Dutch (6), Czech (6), Polish (6) and Catalonian (6), which leaves Gaelic, Anglian, French, Occitan, Castilian, Berber, Egyptian, Arabic, Turkish, Greek, Italian, Umbrian, Slavonic, Magyar, Upper German, Middle German, Lower German, Scandinavian, Ugric, Russian, Baltic, Ruthenian and Tatar. The last one could be Realm of Kaigon or Rebel Scum.

Currently we have one candidate for Upper German (Tyrol), Scandinavian (Skåne) and Slavonic (Bulgaria). I'll add Sachsen as Middle German, since they have excellent early monarchs and leaders and often seem to survive for quite some time.

I was thinking about replacing all admirals with generals, since I was annoyed by the fact that some inland nations has the best admirals while having sucky generals...
Everything would be the same (date, name, stats) except for making them land leaders...
Also: Naval battles sucks...

von Loch Ness said:
inland nations having good admirals? doesnt sound right. though some will have a coast one day and they could use em.
maybe not all admirals should be converted?
Well, the thing with that is that it is so easy to convert all admirals... I can do it in 2 minutes, while checking through each file and change some leaders could take 2 days... :wacko:

Playing as Azerbaijan I was pleased by the ability of the AI, at the moment when I had created Turkey, both the Mameluks (egyptian culture) and Britain (anglian culture) had formed...
Have others seen AI nations form the culturenations too?

Kaigon said:
Have others seen AI nations form the culturenations too?
i'm running a hands-off game right now. Romania formed, but within 30 years it'd been knocked back down to one province and it hasn't gotten back up yet (almost 70 years later...). :(

i had high hopes for Bohemia, but they could never take Erz (the last Czech province). they've since imploded also, so it looks like that's not going to happen.

Odenburg is also one province away from uniting all the Magyar provinces, but it doesn't look likely either. all they need is Transylvania, to whom they have +198 relations and are in the same military alliance -- but for the last 100 years they have not had a RM so no chance of diploannexation, and since they are in the same alliance, no chance of military annexation...

If the reason for bad AI managament is their BB, perhaps I should script some AI events to reduce it.
Would it be totally unfair if the AI was "free from BB"? (all AI events reduces BB by 100 for instance).

Kaigon said:
If the reason for bad AI managament is their BB, perhaps I should script some AI events to reduce it.
Would it be totally unfair if the AI was "free from BB"? (all AI events reduces BB by 100 for instance).
wouldnt that disrupt balance too much??

which part of the bad AI management do you refer to, btw?
that empires fall apart or something else?