• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Interesting! I wonder what size Ethiopia will turn out to be once you've got them fully mapped - they can sometimes get quite large at the expense of surrounding nations. BTW I like the colour scheme - no more France-looks-like-a-bit-of-sea for one thing!

Farquharson said:
Interesting! I wonder what size Ethiopia will turn out to be once you've got them fully mapped - they can sometimes get quite large at the expense of surrounding nations. BTW I like the colour scheme - no more France-looks-like-a-bit-of-sea for one thing!

I think they may be in a war with either Somalia or someone farther south since troops were on the move in the capital.

If Scotland were still around, they wouldn't be blending into the sea either.

Oh - I see what you mean. In your original colour scheme France and Scotland seemed to have swapped colours (as compared to the colour scheme my version has). So is there any of Scotland left in your 1481 screenie, and if so, which colour are they?

Farquharson said:
Oh - I see what you mean. In your original colour scheme France and Scotland seemed to have swapped colours (as compared to the colour scheme my version has). So is there any of Scotland left in your 1481 screenie, and if so, which colour are they?

scotland 1446.jpg

Scotland 1446​
I always thought Scotland looked too much like the sea color and the pale blue stands out so much better.

Scotland 1481.jpg
No Scotland in 1481​

• Sweden - The Highlands
  • Papal States - The Grampians
  • Denmark - Lothian
  • England - Strathclyde & Meath
  • Ulster - Ulster, Connaught & Leinster
  • Castile - Munster

Nice work with the early colonizing and wars in Africa. It seems also that you've gotten quite a head start on exploration. Do you tend to tunnel through more or looping back to port more?

LewsTherin said:
Nice work with the early colonizing and wars in Africa. It seems also that you've gotten quite a head start on exploration. Do you tend to tunnel through more or looping back to port more?

With the first few explorers I pushed them as far as they would go because most of them you only get for a short period. Dias, on the other hand, since he sticks around for awhile, did quite a bit of looping once I had the friendly port in Lanka.

I am surprised I am doing so well with the exploration though. Since this is my first time playing ACGEEP as Portugal, I don't know if this is normal or if my game strategy is different than most; in regards to getting my explorers friendly ports so they are not traveling so far back to national ports.

Van Engel said:
Those new colours look kinda girlish... too much lavinder! :wacko:
Hmm, how about a nice Portugal green sweeping across all that lavender? :)

Judas Maccabeus said:
Well--the far east and Prester John. Things are looking up :)
Yes, they are. I have a few more locations to check if Ethopia isn't it. ;)

zacharym87 said:
So Ethiopia and China have been discoverd, as have the Americas. It looks like Portugal will be dominating the world soon enough. Any luck with India yet?

Dias did a good job with finding a few things in India in 1496. Manuel I will be the explorer king at the rate this game is progressing.

Just had time to catch up with your AAR Queen Lor and I'm enjoying it. I've a ACGEEP Portugal game that I play off and on and we're about the same in exploring but I've made some poor decisions that have cost me two core provinces to Spain. :( Also Morocco is now besieging my capital. :eek: I've been putting too much money into exploring and not enough into maintaining my army. Sigh. I'm curious if you've been investing much in Naval Tech?

Joe

Rolo Master said:
As Portugal naval tech is more important than land tech. at least historycal portugal was a very pacifist nation compared withe others in europe

Yes but early on I neglected my naval tech which was stupid on my part. Also I was trying to play a game with as few wars as possible (small army) which is why I lost to Spain and am losing to Morocco. :eek: :( Queen Lor doesn't seem to be making that mistake. :)

Joe

Storey said:
Just had time to catch up with your AAR Queen Lor and I'm enjoying it. I've a ACGEEP Portugal game that I play off and on and we're about the same in exploring but I've made some poor decisions that have cost me two core provinces to Spain. :( Also Morocco is now besieging my capital. :eek: I've been putting too much money into exploring and not enough into maintaining my army. Sigh. I'm curious if you've been investing much in Naval Tech?

Joe
Thanks. Sorry about your losses to Spain and Morocco being a bully but I'm sure you can turn it around. Currently, I am in year 1505, with a land tech of 4 and a naval tech of 9. I am keeping pace with everyone land wise but have a nice lead on naval of about 3, against the next country, Order of St. John. The countries on the Iberian Peninsula are at 4/3. I guess, they have been too busy fighting each other. France is at 7/3 though. I have only hyperteched stability, when needed and trade when I took the big hits during Afonso.

screen 2-2.jpg
screens-2.jpg

Last edited:
Storey said:
Yes but early on I neglected my naval tech which was stupid on my part. Also I was trying to play a game with as few wars as possible (small army) which is why I lost to Spain and am losing to Morocco. :eek: :( Queen Lor doesn't seem to be making that mistake. :)

Joe
:) Yep you have to use Portugal's two strength, naval and trade, to your advantage. It's a toss up if you can get through the early years without more wars. I normally stay out of alliances unless its an absolute necessity so I don't get dragged into a war I can't afford or defend against. In my game, Aragon and Castile have been fighting wars against each other and all over Europe. Thankfully, it has kept them from looking at me when we have had bad relations due to events.

Rolo Master said:
Go On
BTW Have you colonized brazil, if not start colonizing now because french and dutch may colonize it for you!

In my current game at year 1505, I just walked all of South America and can truthfully say its just me and the natives. I am not sure Columbus has sailed yet but when I have been in the area I haven't seen any boats besides mine. I am going to start looking more seriously at colonizing there, now that I have a strong foothold in Africa.

Last edited:
One tip: If you reached the far east I will recommendo to conquer 2 cities and make a colony in a place.Conquer Mallaca and Mascate and colonize Goa until trnasform it in a city

Rolo Master said:
One tip: If you reached the far east I will recommendo to conquer 2 cities and make a colony in a place.Conquer Mallaca and Mascate and colonize Goa until trnasform it in a city

Mmh, I'm doubtful about this advise: if you're playing AGCEEP, you should have Kilwa (Zanzibar CoT) as vassal in few years, some cities in India and China (I don't tell which ones, just to avoid breaking the surprise) by scripted event and lots of casus belli against "spicy" countries. Thus, probably it's better waiting for these events...