Imperator - Development Diary - 29th April 2019

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Eh while I like the idea; turning everything into a "smaller buffs gained over time" while retaining static losses on events or actions; just feels like long periods of doing nothing due to waiting on stats to recover; and then being able to do less.

The 10 stability cost for appointing people to government feels the most painful, as there is an aging-population problem for pops.

Maybe if your replacing someone in government it costs stability, but if it fills an empty seat it gains half as much? (So 5); or tie the stability cost/gain to their applicable attribute and prominence? After all appointing a famed person to a position usually restores peoples faith in stability

Eh while I like the idea; turning everything into a "smaller buffs gained over time" while retaining static losses on events or actions; just feels like long periods of doing nothing due to waiting on stats to recover; and then being able to do less.

The 10 stability cost for appointing people to government feels the most painful, as there is an aging-population problem for pops.

Maybe if your replacing someone in government it costs stability, but if it fills an empty seat it gains half as much? (So 5); or tie the stability cost/gain to their applicable attribute and prominence? After all appointing a famed person to a position usually restores peoples faith in stability
as long as it makes internal stuff engaging and fun and Difficult i dont care how its done tbh

Last edited:

I think he meant that you have to have a minimum of 10 stability to be able to appoint people, not that you spend them. But I've been known to be wrong in the past.

Please change instant culture, religion conversation also.

It's already been stated that they're removing instant conversion. I'm tired of people continuing to bring this up.

It just seems a bit weird that I can have a politically stable nation with all pops happy and yet still see my stability trend downwards when it should surely be trending up.

Machiavelli said that politics is a constantly turning wheel. Even if you have a position of strength, you need to work hard constantly to maintain it. The concept is the same here. You might have the support of your people right now, but you need to work to maintain this.

50 Stability IS politically stable. More than this is people being passionately supportive of their government. 100 Stability would be like your entire population being pleased and proud of your country and everyone in charge of it, without even a hint of sedition or critique among then.

Good to see there's some improvement with regards to mechanics like stability. It would be great to see it changed to a system that tends towards 100 rather than 50 stability, with things such as pop unhappiness, political divisions, frequent war, etc dragging it down. It just seems a bit weird that I can have a politically stable nation with all pops happy and yet still see my stability trend downwards when it should surely be trending up.

To me, it looks rather generous. It should tend to 0 overtime as the social entropy of any civilization tends toward chaos after all the rules and limits have been set upon its citizens.

Machiavelli said that politics is a constantly turning wheel. Even if you have a position of strength, you need to work hard constantly to maintain it. The concept is the same here. You might have the support of your people right now, but you need to work to maintain this.

50 Stability IS politically stable. More than this is people being passionately supportive of their government. 100 Stability would be like your entire population being pleased and proud of your country and everyone in charge of it, without even a hint of sedition or critique among then.

Sure, but you WOULD have to work hard to achieve stability by keeping your pops happy and working to maintain good relationships with other powerful families in your state. At the moment, and with the proposed system, you can do none of that and still get to 100 stability by spamming pig death.

You currently lose specific city bonuses when you conquer province, for example temple of zeus in olympia and academy in athens do we get a fix for that.

in 1.0.1 this week,

Culture conversion should be completely removed in its current form. Like all greeks did not become unified Macedonian in a few decades.

A) Macedonians WERE Greek. But that's neither here nor there.

B ) Macedon didn't exactly put much effort into integrating Greek culture for two reasons. 1. They were already Greek. There wasn't much difference to integrate. 2. Alexander was busy conquering the entirety of the Middle East out to India. There wasn't really much in the way of governing of any type besides leaving governors behind to keep the things stable. At the very least not by Alexander.

Does this go both ways? So that if I am a -10 stability it will slowly go towards +50?

You can't be at -10, lowest is 0.. but yes, at 0 you will slowly creep up to 50.

I am really loving the direction of this game and you guys -from instant effects of magic powers to more meaningful and immersive over time effects-. It should have been like this all this time, in all your games. And should be like that for your future games as well, please.

Isn't that a bit absurd though? Attrition would be much better methinks.
Wait wait wait, are you actually saying that a "shattered retreat" should make attrition less of a problem? lmao No. It's called a shattered retreat for a reason.

Wait, so blatant balance fixes that were implemented in previous pdx games are considered 'free' features. Thanks I guess!
Was this supposed some sort of "gotcha"? Get out of here with that crap. Balance changes always happen in every game and it's not being sold as some sort of new "feature". They even call it balance changes in the diary. Stop being obtuse.

A) Macedonians WERE Greek. But that's neither here nor there.

B ) Macedon didn't exactly put much effort into integrating Greek culture for two reasons. 1. They were already Greek. There wasn't much difference to integrate. 2. Alexander was busy conquering the entirety of the Middle East out to India. There wasn't really much in the way of governing of any type besides leaving governors behind to keep the things stable. At the very least not by Alexander.
thats all fine and dandy but in -game it always translates into : half persia being macedonian in 150 bc