Imperator - Development Diary - 20th of May 2019

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Urban development would be alot better if it encouraged migration to the city, 100 power to get 20-30 pops to move to the city would be actually useful and would still be urban development.

1 civilization value for 100 civic power is a complete waste of power in its current version, you get more from one oratory tech level and that is global.

index.php

This is a buff beyond reason. Egypt already gets +15% wrong culture group happiness from the Ptolemaic bloodline and another 10% from the Serapis cult. Now they will have +35% happiness for their Egyptian pops, so that they get +5% happiness (subtract the 30% for wrong culture group) for these instead of the -45% the Seleukids or Antigonids have to face. Egypt will probably become far stronger than both.

Urban development would be alot better if it encouraged migration to the city, 100 power to get 20-30 pops to move to the city would be actually useful and would still be urban development.

This. And would actually make it mire fun. You have pops mechanic, use them for christ sake, dont make it all just about modifiers. That is just boring. If we wanted EU4 all over again we wouldnt have bought I:R. As of now there is not a single migration mechanic. That is the perfect chance to introduce one.

Make Religious Endowments - Religious Power for +3% State Religion Happyness in Province
This sounds extremely weird. How often do you even have unhappy state religion pops?

index.php

This is a buff beyond reason. Egypt already gets +15% wrong culture group happiness from the Ptolemaic bloodline and another 10% from the Serapis cult. Now they will have +35% happiness for their Egyptian pops, so that they get +5% happiness (subtract the 30% for wrong culture group) for these instead of the -45% the Seleukids or Antigonids have to face. Egypt will probably become far stronger than both.

There's nothing to say that the bloodline or cult haven't been tweaked as well, so hopefully they have been.

except that it didn't. the trade income was split between every city in the province..

So if a city that export 8 trade goods is gonna make as much income as one with 10 pops that exports nothing? It doesnt really matter since you cant stack trade income bonuses from buildings anymore, but from a roleplay point of view it was fun to see your massive city stand out because of exports.

Good, I guess?

I really wish that the province improvements didn't just rely on mana like so much else. You could easily make them use some money or tyranny or whatever. Not even just those things, a bit of power and some other stuff mixed would be more interesting.

The slaves will be an improvement but is still rather see some sort of slave market mechanic as well as the ability to set a focus for them in certain places so more will go there on capture. For example I have a grain province and I want to get a surpluses, I set it as a preferred destination for slaves and a certain amount more will go there compared to how it would be otherwise.

This sounds extremely weird. How often do you even have unhappy state religion pops?

Well, religion is much less impactful than culture, so a "wrong culture, right religion" pop is often unhappy. Though I figure, playing tall you won't have many of these.

I think the biggest thing is happiness affects output. It's not just happy vs unhappy, but "how much happy". Still definitely not worth the points though

As for slave distribution, what about adding a specific building that the player could build in a city where he wants to concentrate a greater number of war captives? Kind of a slave hub or slave market. This could work together with the ordinary distribution mechanic, but would make more slaves reach the destinations the player favors.

Coordinate Urban Development - Pay 100 Civic Power to start a process that at the end of 2 years time, you will get +1 local civilization in that city until the end of the game.

Has power costs/gain been seriously changed across the board or am I seriously underestimating how good civilization value (of a single city!) is?

Has power costs/gain been seriously changed across the board or am I seriously underestimating how good civilization value (of a single city!) is?
The only change I know of is that growth and population capacity have been separated but still 1 civ in 1 city for 100 civic power is a waste of power.

Instead of paying monarch points why not use governor policies such as encourage commerce give extra permanent trade routes overtime, that way you could balance the governor policies more and nerf culture and religious conversion as it leaves the province underdevelop.

Civilization effort could increase civilization cap overtime.

Because those are mana sinks for people playing tall, so not spending their mana on conquest...

Because those are mana sinks for people playing tall, so not spending their mana on conquest...
Even if you play super tall, you'll never have enough civic or military mana to spend on those nearly negligible provincial buffs. Oratory and religious are the only exception, but the religious improvement isn't worth the cost then, as you'll be close to 100% religious and culutral unity, i.e. happiness will be above 100%.

The only mana I ever use on conquest is Scroll for claims.
These changes, as others have already said, do extremely little to make playing tall more interesting at all.
I don't want more arbitrary, overpriced, irrelevant and boring mana buttons for my tall gameplay, I want more actual things to do.