• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Was just looking at the map and how big it is with India, and wondered how people felt about it. Good? Bad? Neutral?

At first I didn't like it, but I feel like the optimization issues have been rectified. Additionally, for whatever reason, there are some places in the game I am just not interested in playing, and the entirety of India is one of them. However, I do like invading them for some reason, primarily with Mongol/Norse games, often with the goal of maintaining original culture and adopting a weird religion like Zune or Messalianism, maybe even going Merchant Republic in the Indian Ocean.

I'm currently playing as a Zunist. After some time, I successfully settled around Indus river.
It was sort of a migration since there are too many threats from the North and West....
Now I'm biding my time in my new capital of Multan (holy site for the Zunists, in a rather fine position). I plan to eventually form Rajastan and lead my armies all the way to Heliopolis.
Praise be the radiance of Zun!

Very interesting game so far.
Perhaps some people consider RoI to be one of the worst expansions. But in my opinion, India is amazing. Not only that the area is unique and interesting, but it also provides fantastic play-throughs for Zoroastrians, Zunists and even Muslims.

The thing I most enjoyed about the map expansion is the fact the edges of the map are a lot more sensible now.

India itself is fun. It's not often that it's geopolitically important in the grand scheme, as most of the time the border between Muslim and Dharmic religions roughly follows the line of the mountains, jumping back and forth a few provinces from time to time unless the Ghaznavids pop up.

India itself is a pleasure to play. The mechanics of ach of the three religions feel unified to a degree as you'd expect but also different enough to have a different feel. I have tended to get more invested in the RP aspect of things playing in India than I have elsewhere.

That said, I rarely end up playing there. When I do, I immensely enjoy it.

Ah Karling whack-a-mole, a tedious but vital part of making sure the game stays playable.

Oddly enough my last few games the Karlings have imploded quite rapidly. Bizarrely in my current one the Crusades started when the last Karling who held a kingdom, Burgundy (France, Germany, Bavaria, Middle Francia, and Aquitaine going to random dynasties, and Italy back to a Frankified Alachislling) got eaten by Danes.

I should really see what India's like in the 769 start. Probably more interesting than the 867 blobs.