HOI4 Dev Diary - The Baltic States 2/2

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is it possible you could add a little alternative branch for Mindaugas III of Lithuania for recreating Grand Dutchy of Lithuania without creating the commonwealth? I think it could be neat and very interesting route to take in place of the ol' good PLC which you can allready form as Poland
Lithuania had moved on from thinking of itself as a "Grand Duchy" by this point, calling itself the "Kingdom of Lithuania" for that brief window of time where it was a monarchy. If Poland and Lithuania both choose to be allies as monarchists, Lithuania does however get to do some Baltic Duchy shenanigans.

• 19Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
We are one step from harry potter units, french mime brigades, german sausage research and bear cavalry. HoIIV gradually becomes a laughing stock, with Luxembourg/iceland DLCs and communist Hirohitos and buddhist hitlers.

• 6Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I like the fact that we are getting more actual-historical-political-factions-and-concepts based alternate history rather than a whole bunch of random "restore some medieval nation" nonsense.
Yeah I usually try to go for stuff that actually existed in the period, but make it fun to actually play. For the Baltics here I tried to weave the alt-history into the historical branch, with the exception of Estonia since the Vaps were the very reason the dictatorship was established to begin with.

• 12Like
  • 1Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Honestly looks amazing. I cannot wait for my coop Baltic againgst the world game with friends xD. Looks overall very nice and I like the choices presented especially becoming a puppet and other non ideal thingsis very cool forRP games or challenges.

two question though:
1. Can Estonia become the United Baltic duchy for Moncarchist germnay instead (maybe even with a better puppet rank and just the baltic Lands?), also are the Ostalnd borders finalised, because it would look much better if they had the borders as teh german decision.

2. Will the soviet union still demand the german puppet states and how would it work if either the soviets or germany does change their idiology for the submission foci (also what will monarchist germany even be able to recive the offers)? (I assumed here that there is at least 1 no communist branch for the USSR)

• 5Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
And i'd also like to hijack this dev diary a bit to once again ask you Meka for the Polish Field Marshalls Bortnowski and Kopanski to be demoted to Generals as they were historically, and which should only be a very minor and not time-consuming change.

Also see my small suggestion thread here.

Reactions:
Hello everyone and welcome back to another dev diary for Barbarossa where today I’m going to be diving into the unique branches for the Baltic states. I would like to open up by showing the state rework I neglected to show last week, so here they are! The new Baltic States'... states.
View attachment 720429
Since the Baltic states states now follow rivers, is there any chance that the German states can do the same (looking at you Rhineland)?

• 7Love
  • 3Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
  • 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Can the Baltic’s be annexed by the Soviets sense now they become puppets?

Also if it’s now the Baltic’s that choose when to be annexed, what will happen to the old system? (Or will it be removed by the Soviet rework that you claim may or may not exist?)

So let me get this straight, you get the thunder cross in power, who literally have a cross in their flag, and they can become ...pagan? Would the flag change then?

• 6Haha
Reactions:
By the number of states in Finland,I do no think there will be a finnish focus tree. Usually,a new Focus Tree means also some new states,And it seems like Finland is the same. Hope to be wrong and actually get a Focus Tree for Finland, tho
Maybe Finland is not done yet. When they announced La Resistance back at PDXCON in 2019, they said Portugal was in but that they were busy working on it at the time. It would be very disappointing to not see Finland this time around, but I believe that with USSR, Poland and the baltic states, there is still place for Finland in this DLC

• 12Like
Reactions:
I think the focus 'Estonia is Scandinavian' should rather be 'Estonia is Nordic', as Scandinavia is a geographical region with clear boundaries (Denmark, Sweden and Norway) and that cannot be extended to Estonia (it cannot even be extended to Finland, actually)
Iceland begs to differ ;) .

Also, "Nordic" has as clear boundaries as "Scandinavian". Probably much more so, in fact.

Reactions:
@Meka66 Hey hey, great to see so much content coming with the next DLC but id feel silly if i didnt ask about Formable Nations haha - in a previous diary you mentioned you'd be interested in adding more form nations - is there any chance that any of the suggestions I had will be making an appearance in a later dev diary maybe?

View attachment 720747
I didn't do all of these, but I did do a Turkestan formable for this patch. I was bored one day and learned of the Turkestan SSR and implemented it in my own time :D
Turkestan.png

• 58Like
  • 24Love
Reactions:
Nice work :)

Could you maybe add the same mechanic that Poland has (to convince Lithuania to join you) for Hungary so that if you want to form Austria-Hungary you don't have to restart your game very often only because the czech's dont accept your "protection", so that you have the feeling that your focuses/decision matters.

Reactions: