HOI4 Dev Diary - Bag of Tricks #1

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looks good so far, but i really miss one thing. Being able to lend lease all the different names you guys came up with for infantry weapons at once. After a few years of expanding you have captured a lot of obsolete infantry weapons, but because they have different names you have to manually lend lease every single one of them.

• 1Like
Reactions:
any QoL is always welcome.

hope these buttons in the army management screen become clickable as filters:
1623252396435.png

• 3Like
Reactions:
good, even if it's amazing to have taken 5 years to implement these small obvious fixes, that have need a couple hours of programming at best. Better late than never

• 3Like
Reactions:
OMG filtering then sorting divisions by template then EXP. This (and sorting by org) is the QoL I really needed. It was always such a pain combing through tens of divisions to hand-pick the most elite when I wanted to make the few "hero divisions" with limited cutting-edge equipment.
Can we please also have it, that if you demand something (like military access) over and over it doesn't fill the screen of the recipient but will instead have the notification blink up again
Seconding this. Some compact way to manage 'request for military access' from some 30 tags.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Very good.

I really hope there will be a fast release.

The "support/logistic" stuff will make the diference.

Iam looking forward to see new & more hoi4 events like Grandcampaigns( very good :) )and such ... Repetition with the new dlc .....

Has the template spam the AI is so fond of been fixed as well?

Can we just please rework Italy ...

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Nice. Small changes can make a game a lot more enjoyable.

By the way: I'd really appreciate some more unit name lists for famous units/unit types. e.g. the French (and Spanish) Foreign Legion. Any chance for that in the near future?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I know unrelated to this dev diary, but can you say anything about a eventual "Custodian like" team for HOI4? Aka a team whos job it will be to look at old DLC and Foci and polish them up, add more deapth and make them interact better?

Reactions:
I'm wondering, how hard it would be to implement some kind of auto-construction toggle/selection. So new construction will be started automatically once there free civs available.
For example, there could be "priorities infra", "priorities civs", "priorities mils"
Then the player can always choose to construct something - and this will be placed on top of the queue.

IMO will make game more enjoyable without extensive clicking. Minmaxers could still turn off autoconstruction (and could turned off by default).

good, even if it's amazing to have taken 5 years to implement these small obvious fixes, that have need a couple hours of programming at best. Better late than never

Agreed. These things are pretty good but should have been done ages ago. Sometimes it makes a guy wonder if they play their game at all. Thumbs up to the devs either way.

Can we please get a way to sort aircraft by type? Selecting aircraft when you a big stockpile of them is really cumbersome

Yeah, after you have conquered and forced the capitulation of dozens of nations, you find yourself with equipment from a thousand places with different names. It is really time consuming to get aircraft squadrons up late in-game due to that.

Reactions: