HOI4 Dev Diary - Bag of Tricks #1

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Now one level of infrastructure gives +20% construction bouns?
ah yeah. infra is 5 levels now instead of 10 due to railways being split. We'll talk more about it later

Such a weak dev diary, since it is #1 u should just do one big with all minor features and improvements
I prefer to space out the diaries instead. What you are suggesting is less diaries. It also gives us time to be able to react on feedback

• 74Like
Reactions:
So many great little tweaks - nice work!

Edit - not that little, I'm sure some of this took quite a bit, you know what I mean :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Fantastic to see this kind of QoL stuff. Little frustrations in UX add up over time for long term players, always good to see this sort of thing getting attention.

Is there any chance of Lend Lease being expanded to cover ships? That was the original purpose of Destroyers for Bases after all!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Please please please add

WASD to scroll.

Seriously, arrow keys to scroll are very outdated. Don't let Stellaris be better than you. (Yes I know of middle mouse, but I'm not used to playing that way.)

Reactions:
ah yeah. infra is 5 levels now instead of 10 due to railways being split. We'll talk more about it later

I prefer to space out the diaries instead. What you are suggesting is less diaries. It also gives us time to be able to react on feedback
Findland feedback?

• 4Like
Reactions:
T-t-t-temporary motorization of divisions?! Didn't see that one coming, that's something I wouldn't have dared to even suggest because I was sure HoI4 wasn't going to go that far. Great addition!

(Oh, and I love the rest of the DD, too. This is going to be a great upgrade!)

• 3Like
Reactions:
Also to repeat my request from previous diaries since this is a QoL diary:
@podcat can we get a localisation customization feature that lets us rename Field Marshals by country? Mainly to stop having US Field Marshals and instead have "General of the Army"

Also, a small "mod" request. The modifiers that limit your ability to generate a wargoal...could we get the ability to put limits or tags in that? Specifically would like that modifier let me limit the ability to generate a wargoal against a nation that is a major or is guaranteed by a major. Within a national spirit.

Reactions:
horsies.gif

Is that tooltip listing equipment new, or has it always been like that?

Oh, and the lend lease one is my favorite. Why? Because I often try to lend lease out ALL of my old or captured equipment and it's a pain to get the numbers lol.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I love you for these bag of tricks but I hate you for making me wait another week to see what is in store for USSR.

• 3Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Reactions:
I do indeed like it!

• 1Like
Reactions: