• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So we're going to back to the infamy bottleneck that existed before the CB system was introduced. Sigh.
If I understand that correctly we just cannot fabricate more wargoals while at war. So you can still fabricate as much as you want when at peace, you just cant take half of France in a single war anymore.
(Imho a good change, considering it was exploiting the AI anyway. :p)

Anyway, DD sounds great, can't wait for the expansion! ^.^

If I understand that correctly we just cannot fabricate more wargoals while at war. So you can still fabricate as much as you want when at peace, you just cant take half of France in a single war anymore.
(Imho a good change, considering it was exploiting the AI anyway. :p)

Anyway, DD sounds great, can't wait for the expansion! ^.^

Yes, except the system has never allowed you to justify the same CB twice before going to war, which is why justifying during war was useful. Before a war, you can only justify different CBs, like acquiring one state and one colony, which is silly. If you have a 2-state border with a neighbor and want to move that border, you should be able to roll the infamy dice on both.

You could never take "half of France" in a war in the first place, because the warscore value of a few provinces would reach above 100. Because of that, multiple justifications would not break the game. It would just give more flexibility in what type of claim you want to make on an opponent.

Yes, except the system has never allowed you to justify the same CB twice before going to war, which is why justifying during war was useful. Before a war, you can only justify different CBs, like acquiring one state and one colony, which is silly. If you have a 2-state border with a neighbor and want to move that border, you should be able to roll the infamy dice on both.

You could never take "half of France" in a war in the first place, because the warscore value of a few provinces would reach above 100. Because of that, multiple justifications would not break the game. It would just give more flexibility in what type of claim you want to make on an opponent.
I always viewed CB fabrication as a mean to start a war, not extend your gains while at war. And because of reduced peace cost from occupation, you can actually take a lot of land.
But hey, preferences. Remember that CB are fully scriptable, so you can easily add a few low-infamy ones to compensate for the lack of fabricating. :)

This sounds absolutely amazing.
I can hardly wait for the game!

I hope the colonial game gets as much attention as the military has gotten in total. That'd be sa-weet.

I always viewed CB fabrication as a mean to start a war

I agree, but since Paradox unnecessarily restricts the CB fabrication system to one instance of a CB at a time, the justifying during war was the only way to have a possibility of not taking full infamy without resorting to the one-province-every-5-years-for-eternity grind.

If they're taking that away, I'm fine with it, but only if they allow us to justify larger claims pre-war. The 100 warscore value limit will protect it from being overpowered.

I almost fell from my chair when i read that battleplans will be added. Amazing paradox! This is one of the sole reasons i wanted to get HOI 3.

Loving the TWS and changed mobilization, unit changes remind me of PDM a bit, which certainly isn't a bad thing -- and thank god for flattened supply.

I played vic 2 house of dvided but it has very big bug that annoyed me then i give up to play it. AI does not built its army even in war. Pls solve this problem and i will back victoria 2 with HoD :)

You can still add them, they just cost Jingoism as normal. And you can't rustle up new cheap Goals by justifying while at war.

First off I like what I have seen from the other DDs on HoD. That having been said I have a real problem with not being able to justify new goals during a war. Here is why:

There is no system / mechanic for the original defender in a war to punitively add a war goal. If country A attacks country B but country B wins the base result is that country A loses prestige for not completing its war goal and gains some MIL. A free / reduced infamy Humiliate war goal should be available to the defender, though not forced on them. I also believe that a single transfer of territory WG should also be on the table for SERIOUSLY reduced infamy. This could vary based on what is available: Place in the Sun, Acquire State, Free People, Free Country etc.

Finally some questions:

Let say I am France and I am justifying an Acquire State CB on Prussia / NGF and they declare war on me for Alsace-Lorraine.

Does my justification stop since I can't justify CBs while at war?
If it does stop,what if I have already been detected and gained the infamy? Is this infamy refunded or do I just get a bunch of wasted infamy?
Can I generate CBs against countries I am not at war with or am I banned altogether?

First off I like what I have seen from the other DDs on HoD. That having been said I have a real problem with not being able to justify new goals during a war. Here is why:

There is no system / mechanic for the original defender in a war to punitively add a war goal. If country A attacks country B but country B wins the base result is that country A loses prestige for not completing its war goal and gains some MIL. A free / reduced infamy Humiliate war goal should be available to the defender, though not forced on them. I also believe that a single transfer of territory WG should also be on the table for SERIOUSLY reduced infamy. This could vary based on what is available: Place in the Sun, Acquire State, Free People, Free Country etc.

I agree that you should probably get a humiliate goal for free but anything more is just too much. Other than that a pretty good idea +1

So much beauty! T_T
I am thrilled by the new warscore system.

First of all, I like it! One question and one comment, however :

Will an occupied province give mobilized troops (which would be instantaneously defeated) or is it a lost cause for them?

And :
Shouldn't you change the name of "guards" units, since they do nothing about "defending people"? It just sounds confusing when you have guardians which are more occupied striking the ennemy than the contrary.

Another request - the screenshot mentions a 730 day grace period on the war progress bar. Would it be possible to add a countdown of that grace period to the hover-text if it's applicable?