• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And now for something completely different...

I've never played a PI game with Battle Plans before so enlighten me pretty please.

I guess it's working something along the lines of choosing your goals and lines of advance and then everything else is automated according to your plan? With neat eye candy on top?

No, Battle Plans are a purely cosmetic addition for AAR/MP or the people who love them anyway ;). Like me.

1. Will the defeated units finnaly be unable to retreat into enemy territory, as it was the case in Vic1?

A LONG time ago I made the proposal of adding this to the game as an "option". My proposal was rejected.

My biggest wish would be some kind of solution to late game large armies and wars - everything that could decrease amount of micromanagement involved.

- mobilization - reserve units as in HoI3, that fully reinforce when mobilized (I can't force myself to mobilize as a big empire),
- army templates with deployment in selected provinces instead of rally points.

My biggest wish would be some kind of solution to late game large armies and wars - everything that could decrease amount of micromanagement involved.

- mobilization - reserve units as in HoI3, that fully reinforce when mobilized (I can't force myself to mobilize as a big empire),
- army templates with deployment in selected provinces instead of rally points.

I like the idea of deployments in selected provinces if I understand you correctly. Tell units to rally there up to a certain amount (12k for example is usually how I split up my mobilized armies) so that way when you mobilize, you get stacks that automatically form as big or small as you want them, and other units aren't trying to cram in there to start causing attrition.

I'm really excited for this, all the DDs look great, but will we be able to name brigades and ships in this expansion? I'm probably niggling, but that was one thing that always bugged me in Vicky 2.