• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(1700)

Generalissimo
Mar 10, 2001
www.4adrive.com
I remmember a while ago when I was making Byzantine Saga so many people helped me with Monarch and Nations info. I'm asking you to do the same, again. This time you will be helping Greven who's in charge of research and scenario design for EU2. So if you want those historical leaders for Moghul Empire, you better help out. Please, if you heave any info on monarchs, leaders, nations and events from 1419 to 1492 post the info in this thread. If you know websites that have such info, please post the link. I will pass on all info to Greven, thanks.

What about from 1792-1820?

I know all of the Venetian leaders during that time from the top of my balding little head:

1792-1800: Doge "Mi Ciamo Perduto"
1801-1810: Doge "Riposa In Pace"
1811-1820: Doge "Nosferatu"

Not a long list but names that are vivid in my memory of Venetian history.

OK, so it was a spoof (figured research ought to be fun too). I'll be more helpful, I promise. :D

------

Last edited:
Here are links to sites I used to gather info on the Monarchs list I posted.
The last site listed is the easiest to use but, as I think Demitrios mentioned, it isn't always completely accurate and has all the names "translated" into English names.
I tried to verify the info I gave from at least two sources but couldn't in every case.
I assume, General, you have already provided them with the list created for the 1448 Byzantine scenario? May I again suggest any one volunteering post what they intend to do here, so we don't have to duplicate any work?

http://www.dcs.hull.ac.uk/public/genealogy/GEDCOM.html

http://www.friesian.com/histindx.htm

http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/regindex.html

Here is a map of 1700 for North America, with the various indian tribes. There is a link that list of the tribes with their mark and short description with their chief's name.

http://www.grandepaix.org/eng/index.htm

As you can see, there is a lot more than the Cherokee... :)

The golden horde:
Karîm Berdi 1412-1414
Kebek 1414-1417
Yeremferden ? 1417-1419
Ulugh Muh.ammad Rivals 1419-1422
Dawlat Berdi Baraq 1422-1433
Sayyid Ah.mad I c. 1433-1435
Küchük Muh.ammad c. 1435-1465
Ah.mad c. 1465-1481
1480, Ivan III refuses tribute;
independence of Russia
Shaykh Ah.mad 1481-1498, 1499-1502
Murtad.â 1481-1499

The Khâns of Astrakhan
Qâsim 1466-1490
'Abd alKarîm 1490-1504

The Khâns of Kazan
Ulugh Muh.ammad 1437-1445
Mah.mûd 1445-1462
Khalîl 1462-1467
Ibrâhîm 1467-1479
'Alî 1479-1484
1485-1487
Muh.ammad Amîn 1484-1485
1487-1495
1502-1518

The Khâns of the Crimea:
H.âjjî Giray I 1449-1456
1456-1466
H.aydar Giray 1456
Nûr Dawlat Giray 1466-1467,
1474-1475
1476-1478
Mengli Giray 1467-1474,
1475-1476
1478-1514
Vassals of the
Ottoman Empire, 1475

The Jalâyirids:
Uways II 1411-1421
Muh.ammad 1421
Mah.mûd 1421-1425
H.usayn II 1425-1532
Conquest by Qara Qoyunlu, 1432

The Qara Qoyunlu, or Black Sheep Turks
Qara Yûsuf c. 1406-1420
Iskandar 1420-1438
Jahân Shâh 1439-1467
Timurid Vassal until 1449
H.asan 'Alî 1467-1469
Abû Yûsuf 1469
Conquest by Aq Qoyunlu, 1469

mongol.htm

Read more on:

Mongols

Originally posted by Gen. Suvorov
Thanks everyone, I'll pass on all the information to Greven. Now for me, does any one have all the important events in Polish-Lithuanian Diet Sessions? If someone knows any important action taken by Diet and the date, than please post the info here.

P.S. There is a hidden "Beta Advisory forum", from what has been posted there I can tell you that EU2 is going to rock.

Sounds like there's a party and the "minor" forum personalities aren't invited. ;) Ah well, it'll be fresh at christmas. hehehe.

I deeply thank General Suvorov for his effort for helping me out here. as I have some thousand files to wrestle with I would be most thankful to get leaders and monarchs in the form of the correct (IGC?:)) files with the individuals added for the earlier and the later periods. It is unfortenantely so that posting three or for leaders here or there will probably not help me a lot. I haven't the time to surf around and check all the thousands of posts that exists here. Therefore please full leaderfiles/monarchfiles. Though you need not add any ID's.

Thank you all... :)

/Greven

These are the countries we are considering to implement in EU2...:)

Note that this doesn't include old countries or old revolt-prone countries (Burgundy, Aragon etc)

EUROPA
-------

GERMANY
Mecklenburg
Bremen
Pommern
Geldre
Friesland
Flanders
Magdeburg
Oldenburg
Mainz
Münster

FRANCE AND ENGLAND
Wales
Orleans
Aquitania
Bourbonnais
Luxembourgh
Hainaut
Auvergne
French Ultra-Catholics (Guise faction)
English Puritans (The Roundheads)

IBERIA
Castile

EUROASIA
Novgorod
Ryazan
Lithuania
Tver
Perm
Nogai
Muscowy
Uzbek Kaganate
Khazak Horde
Afghanistan
Suzdal

ITALY
Mantua
Pisa

BALKANS
Siebenbürgen
Byzantium
Ragusa
Hellas
Serbien
Bulgaria
Bosnia
Albania
Athens
Croatia

MIDDLE EAST
Armenia
Armenia Minor
Trebizond
Timurid Empire
Ak Koyunlu (White Sheep Khanate)
Qara Koyunlu (Black Sheep Khanate)
Cyprus
Karaman
Candar
Teke
Dulkadir
The Kaliphate
Baluchistan

N.AMERICA

NORTH AMERICA
Huron
Cherokee
Creek
Apache
Dakota
Shawnee
Delaware
Quebec

CENTRAL AMERICA AND THE WEST INDIES
Haiti
Mexico
Zapotec
Maya

S.AMERICA
Colombia
La Plata
Brazil
Chimú

AFRICA
Ethiopia
Kongo
Songhai
Benin
Zimbabwe
Zanj
Mali
Dahomey
Ashanti

ASIA

EAST ASIA
Korea
Manchu
Tibet

SOUTH ASIA
Bengal
Vijayanagar
Kashmir
Assam

SOUTHEAST ASIA
Ayutthaya (Thailand)
Dai Viet (South Vietnam)
Annam (North Vietnam)
Vientiane (North Laos)
Luang Prabang (South Laos)
Myanmar (Burma)
Taungu (Near Burma)
Arakan (Western coast of Burma)
Khmer
Cambodia
Atjeh

Go ahead!!!!!:D

/Greven

Last edited:
So, which countries do you want lists for? All of them? I'll happily send you lists for most of the European and Central Asian nations you listed...

Hmmm... No Mongolia? The Yuan (Mongol) Dynasty was driven out of China by the Mings, but they survived in Mongolia at Karakorum until 1634; it was perpetually one of the main goals of the Ming Dynasty to destroy this old threat to the north. I am a bit surprised that Khwarizm/Khiva (in western Uzbekistan just to the south of the Aral Sea) didn't make it, as it was independent pretty much during the entire EU2 period. I'm less surprised, but a bit disappointed, that the Kalmyks and the Jagatai Khanate/Kashgar didn't make it, as they were based in rather isolated spots and they aren't well known today - though the Kalmyks caused havok in Central Asia and Tibet during the EU2 timeperiod...

As an addendum, are we supposed to post the lists here or to send them to Gen. Suvorov or Greven?

Demetrios, this is not a complete list of nations that will be in EU2. Give some credit to Paradox, they want to have some element of surprise when EU2 comes out.:)

If you have monarch/leader for any of these countries, just send them to me. I will orginize them in files and mail to Greven.

Originally posted by BiB

Wayhey!!

Who should rule an independent Flanders ? De Leden van Vlaanderen ?

I was asking myself the same question but I was kinda hoping you would come up with something. Did Filips van Artevelde have descendants? After all he was "ruwaert" of Flanders for a short while. What about this monarch list: Artevelde I, Artevelde II, Artevelde III etc.:D
Maybe we'll better stick to the "Leden van Vlaanderen" (how would you translate that?);)

We don't translate it :D

It's what I used in my Flanders scenario. If they broke free from the actual Count of Flanders, the power would shift completely to the real centre of power in Flanders at that time, namely the cities. Quite unique in Flanders was that the nobility and church had just about nowt to say in government, just the count interacting with the cities of Brugge, Gent, Ieper and het Brugse Vrije. Eliminate the Count and what remains ? The cities :D

This list, although there are some missing, is HUGE. I am awe-struck. EU2 is going to be a great game. I hope all those nifty South Asian countries can stand the European juggernaut...
Since I suppose that the Crown of Aragon will be there with all his might (and political struggles), some catalan kings and generals for your list:

1412-1416: Fernando de Antequera. Very brief reign, dominated mainly with the struggle against the other contender to the Aragon crown. Jaume d'Urgell.
1416-1458: Alfons IV. Economic decline, political struggle with the parliament.
1458-1479: Joan II (Also King of Navarra). Very impopular king. A long civil war (1460-1471) happened during his realm, due to successory disputes (he married twice) and the hopes of Catalan rulers to get rid of the Castillian kings.
1479-1516: Fernando el Católico. He managed to content the catalan nobility, but the people was still unhappy. Good military leader, he often leaded the Castilla-Aragon armies in the war against Granada.

At the death of Fernando, Charles V inherited both Castilla and Aragon and Spain, so no more Aragonese kings.

All along the reign of the castillian kings, there were a lot of political struggle between the monarchy and the parliament (yup, we had a parliament far before England, let me brag a little :D ), because the castillian kings were used to absolute power. This resulted in a weakening of the administration of the kingdom and some uprisings. The power of Barcelona as one of the prime centers of trade in the Mediterranean declined.

Generals: I've to dig more, I have some names, but not death dates yet. But you can use King Fernando el Católico: he commanded armies, and conducted several campaigns for great success.

Some important political events, since you are going to implement that fantastic improved event engine:

1412: Casp Compromise: the last king of the Barcelona dinasty dies heirless and the inheritance is resolved with a voting, giving the crown to a castillian noble shifting the center of power from Catalonia to Aragon. Catalan nobility (who voted against him) wasn't very happy with this, so there was a civil war until 1413.The castillian king also gives his support to the Antipope Benitius.

1415: The king retires his support to the Antipope. He dies briefly after.

1460-1471: Succession war. Joan II marries again and unherits his first son, Carles, ho fights against him with the support of Catalan nobles, giving him the crown. Carles dies soon, but the fight continues as catalan nobles and the parliament want to see their lost privileges restored, and elect 3 different kings in 6 years.

1474: Marriage between Isabel and Fernando. Note that the marriage didn't actually merge the countries. It meant only an alliance. The merging didn't occur until Charles V inherited Castilla and Aragon from them.

I will not go far from here, but I can if you want. I will note only important revolts, for if you want to hardcode this kind of events, too.

1637: Catalonia refuses to participate in the 30-year War.

1640-1652: Catalonia revolts because of the abuses commited by Spanish troops stationed there amidst the 30-years war.

1700-1714: The Inheritance War. Catalonia supported the Habsburg contender, which promised the Catalan nobles to restitute them the lost privileges. The rest of Iberic Spain supported the Bourbon candidate.

1719: Small revolt against the Borboun dinasty exploiting the miseries of the Spanish war against England.

1794-1802: A string of border wars makes Catalonia support the French revolutionaries (they promised to invade Catalonia and liberate it). When Napoleon comes to power and allies with Spain, the war ends.

1808-1814: During the napoleonic wars, Catalonia is briefly segregated from Spain in 1809.

That's all. It would be great to put as many detailed events as possible in the countries we can play, it would greatly add to the flavor of the game.
Thanks for the great job.

Help for EU2.. Non-European Royal Dynasties

http://www.almanach.be/central.html

This website consolidates information about "all present and former Sovereign Families of non-European countries." It also has extensive info on European families as well. I just happened to stumble across it when looking for decendants of the Nawab of Rampur. It is very useful.
I applaude the addition of Bengal natrually, but seeing how much info you put into less politically advanced SE asia, I would suggest (minimally) these potential nations, revolters: Gurkhas (Nepal), Rajputs (Rajasthan), Orissa, Gujarat (not conquered by Mughals until 1500), Panjab, and the Maratha Confederacy. I think since you are including potential revolters, the list could be alot larger.
I hope this helps with the game, I look forward to it. I am a S.Asian Studies M.A. candidate, so if you would like any more help, I am ready! :D

I guess the South American revolter listed as "La Plata" is the "Virreynato del Rio de la Plata"... but that was its name when it was in power of the Spanish.
A more correct name for an independent state in that zone would be "United Provinces of the South" or, maybe better, "Argentinian Confederation".

I can provide info on argentinian stuff if you need it... contact me at echecruz@speedy.com.ar