• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No, La Plata revolted once, I think they have a correct name. Look that the whole south american nationalism movement didn't start until mid-late XIX, so throwing in actual nations as revolters for that time (with some exceptions, like Brazil) wouldn't be accurate. In fact, the Bolivar SA nationalist movement advocated for an united SA, inspired by the USA revolution.

Originally posted by Carolus Rex

Pfeew.
No Sweden in there, my heart almost stopped and turned in my chest. :)

Didn't Greven note that all the countries used in EU aren't posted, and are already included?

All right, look at it this way: All countries in original EU + all Revolters from original EU + All countries Greven posted + some countries that Greven didn't post to surprise you + surprises + more surprise + that-thing-that-made-me-fall-out-of-my-chair-two-days-ago + one final surprise = Europa Universalis 2 (Very cool game).

Originally posted by Gen. Suvorov

Stats included, of course. So it seems to me like I'm going to be resposible for all the stat mistakes in EU2.;) Oh well, nothing that IGC3.9 can't fix.:)

(strangled choke) Stats too? I've got plenty of rulers for all these obscure places, but I don't know squat about most of them, other than the odd standout (for good or bad) here and there. Your random Archbishop of Bremen or Kazakh Khan really didn't leave much of a mark on history...

Danish kings in the new EU period:

PRE 1492

1397 - 1439 Erik VII of Pommeranian
1440 - 1448 Christoffer III of Bavaria
1448 - 1481 Christian I (lousy economic, on good terms with the pope, king of Sweden for a short while)
1481 - 1513 Hans

AFTER 1792

1766 - 1808 Christian VII
1808 - 1839 Frederik VI

Re: There is no "Delaware" tribe.

Originally posted by Dogface
There is no "Delaware" tribe. This is a misnomer. "Delaware" comes from the name of an Englishman, a Lord "de la Warre". Their actual name is either "Lenni Lenape" or "Lenape".

They will be called Leni Lenape. Its an error in my earliest draft. :)

/Greven

Ok where can I kiss the feet/cheek/ass/... of the Paradox employee that put Flandres in :D
Yippieeeeeee...

Ok serious, since Flandres was passed on to Burgundy in 1405, after the reign of Margaret III, I suggest using 'Leden van Vlaanderen' or 'Raad van Vlaanderen' as ruling monarch. Leave it in Dutch :D

Or you could of course use Spanish & Burgundian monarchs. Like Carlos I & Karl in present EU. Although I recommend the first option

Let the Leden van Vlaenderen grow strong :D

Re: There is no "Delaware" tribe.

Originally posted by Dogface
There is no "Delaware" tribe. This is a misnomer. "Delaware" comes from the name of an Englishman, a Lord "de la Warre". Their actual name is either "Lenni Lenape" or "Lenape".

Yep I know. We are using the correct name :) It's an very important tribe for any swede with an interest in our colonial period.

Originally posted by VultureGFF
Ok where can I kiss the feet/cheek/ass/... of the Paradox employee that put Flandres in :D
Yippieeeeeee...

Ok serious, since Flandres was passed on to Burgundy in 1405, after the reign of Margaret III, I suggest using 'Leden van Vlaanderen' or 'Raad van Vlaanderen' as ruling monarch. Leave it in Dutch :D

Or you could of course use Spanish & Burgundian monarchs. Like Carlos I & Karl in present EU. Although I recommend the first option

Let the Leden van Vlaenderen grow strong :D

De Raad van Vlaanderen actually was a ducal institution. De Staten van Vlaanderen are "the people" and in those the Leden van Vlaanderen had everything to say :D

I am looking into the rulers of the various German principalities mentioned by Greven and will mail the possible results to Suvorov.

What I am really curious about is how the EUII will handle the prince-bishoprics and imperial cities of the HRE and if some attempt will be made to clean up its political geography. In 1419 the HRE was not a collection of neatly demarcated territorial entities, it was nested game of competing rights and jurisdictions. The map as it stands grossly misrepresents the political realities of the HRE. There never, ever, was a "Thuringian" territorial entity before 1928 ! The Thuringian Landgrafschaft in fact became the dynastic core around which Hessen evolved in 1282, while the lands came under the Wettin "Dukes of Saxony" to become "Ducal Saxony" in the 16th Century. (I Know that Bernhard of Saxe-Weimar was an important Swedish general of the 30 Years' War - but he did not have a contry to call his own !

(Don't know if these thoughts belong here, they just had to be put down)

I request to Gen Sovorov if he could copy my list of kings in EU II/GD/"spanish" countries&monarchs, not he provices names, and sent them to Greven, because I have a virus in the pc and i have to format it, and reinstall and i won't have time to do it. And logically I'm not gonig to sent anyone a corrupt file.

Originally posted by BiB

De Raad van Vlaanderen actually was a ducal institution. De Staten van Vlaanderen are "the people" and in those the Leden van Vlaanderen had everything to say :D

Ok, so I guess Leden van Vlaanderen would be the effective monarch(s)

Why no Hopi?

I notice that the "Apache" are listed (they call themselves Nde, Inde, Tinde or Tinneh--"Apache" actually is from the Zuni "Apachu", which means "enemy") for EU2. If you are going to have them, I hope you start them off far enough north. They didn't enter the Great Plains area until the 1600s, as far as can be determined. Before then, they lived much further north (even into modern Canada). Indeed, the Spaniards and the agricultural tribes of what would become the US Southwest were sometimes allies against what they perceived as an invasion of newcomers in the 1690s. These newcomers included the "Apache", the Comanche, and the Navajo.

But why is there no request for information on the more settled and organized tribes of what became the US Southwest?

Calling people by their own name

Here is a list I've compiled of some of the North American tribes that have been saddled with unfortunate or erroneous names by Europeans and names they use for themselves. The following list is not comprehensive, but it's a start.

<pre>
Popular: Less Incorrect
Apache: Dine
Aztec: Nahua
Blackfoot: Nitsitapi
Blood: Kainai
Cayuse: Wailetpu
Cherokee: Tsalagi
Cheyenne: Dzitsistas
Comanche: Detsanayuka
Cree: Kenistenoag
Creek: Muskogee
Crow: Absaroke
Eskimo: Inuit
Fox: Mesquaki
Gros Ventre: Atsina
Huron: Wendat
Iowa: Pahodja
Jicarilla: Tinde
Kikapoo: Kiwigapawa
Mohawk: Kanienkahaka
Navajo: Dineh
Nez Perce: Nimipu
Pima: Onk Akimel Auauthm
Sioux: Dakota
Wichita: Kitikiti'sh
Pueblo: Keres, Pecos
</pre>

Originally posted by Txini
I request to Gen Sovorov if he could copy my list of kings in EU II/GD/"spanish" countries&monarchs, not he provices names, and sent them to Greven, because I have a virus in the pc and i have to format it, and reinstall and i won't have time to do it. And logically I'm not gonig to sent anyone a corrupt file.

Will do man, sorry to hear about the virus. I was forced to format my HD too, done it three weeks ago.

Are you interested in a Japanese list with Shoguns and warlords? I always thought it was strange that the emperor list was used since they lost all temporal power in 1336. The Shoguns referred to themselves as the Kings of Japan when dealing with the chinese.

Originally posted by Aetius
Are you interested in a Japanese list with Shoguns and warlords? I always thought it was strange that the emperor list was used since they lost all temporal power in 1336. The Shoguns referred to themselves as the Kings of Japan when dealing with the chinese.

Yes, Japanese Shoguns and Warlords are very important. Please give me all their info.

Originally posted by Gen. Suvorov

Yes, Japanese Shoguns and Warlords are very important. Please give me all their info.

There is a major civil war during the era do you have any suggestions on how to handle it? :confused: I have made a list with parallel leaders for most powerful factions at the time but it seems a bit over the top. There is another, probably uniquely Japanese, problem, the shoguns often abdicated from official power to assume actual power. :rolleyes: So I need some sort of heuristic to get the lists to fit together, roughly correspond to reality and the way the other lists are put together.

Oh yeah here's another link if anyone is interested, seems completish at least with regards to official rule in Japan:
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~plk/history.htm

Last edited:
Originally posted by Hardu
I am looking into the rulers of the various German principalities mentioned by Greven and will mail the possible results to Suvorov.

What I am really curious about is how the EUII will handle the prince-bishoprics and imperial cities of the HRE and if some attempt will be made to clean up its political geography. In 1419 the HRE was not a collection of neatly demarcated territorial entities, it was nested game of competing rights and jurisdictions. The map as it stands grossly misrepresents the political realities of the HRE. There never, ever, was a "Thuringian" territorial entity before 1928 ! The Thuringian Landgrafschaft in fact became the dynastic core around which Hessen evolved in 1282, while the lands came under the Wettin "Dukes of Saxony" to become "Ducal Saxony" in the 16th Century. (I Know that Bernhard of Saxe-Weimar was an important Swedish general of the 30 Years' War - but he did not have a contry to call his own !

(Don't know if these thoughts belong here, they just had to be put down)

There was a Landgravate of Thuringen from c. 1039 until 1482, when it was inherited by the Electors of Saxony. In 1122, the Landgrave of Thuringen seized the old County of Hessen from its native dynasty (a branch of the Luxembourg family) and eventually (after some struggle) united it with their own land. In 1247, the original Thuringen line became extinct in the male line; Thuringen itself was soon after (1249) awarded to members of the nearby Wettin dynasty (then only Margraves of Miessen) while Hessen was inherited by a daughter and thus became a separate state ruled by a branch of the House of Brabant.

When Saxony was later divided, much of "Ducal Saxony" was in the old Thuringinian lands.

By the way, I've already done an "information dump" on poor Gen. Survorov detailing quite a few rulers of many of the Western European states listed by Greven...

Need any help on Turkic tribes?

I and my fellow Turkish EU-ers would be happy to help.