• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Re: There is no "Delaware" tribe.

Originally posted by Dogface
There is no "Delaware" tribe. This is a misnomer. "Delaware" comes from the name of an Englishman, a Lord "de la Warre". Their actual name is either "Lenni Lenape" or "Lenape".

Yep I know. We are using the correct name :) It's an very important tribe for any swede with an interest in our colonial period.

Posted this in a thread in the EU2 forum but come to think of it, it seems to fit better here. Here goes:

Just came to think about that there is no Transylvania, they were a vassal of the Ottoman empire for the most part of the game period. And even independent during the first part?

Well, it looks like the monarch and leader work for EU 2 is now, at least partially, on my shoulders. :)

If you mail stuff to Greven, please CC it to me as well at doomdark@ludd.luth.se. (I haven't got a Paradox e-mail address yet.)

Status

We now have complete monarch files for:

Aragon
Austria
Burgundy
Castille
England
France
Scotland
Spain
Poland
Turkey
USA

These will all be in the initial beta (plus the old IGC files.)

Thanks to you folks, we also have the data for most of the new European and Asian nations. That leaves the new African and American nations (quite a challenge), plus the expanded lists for the old minors.

Oh, and don't bother with the Nordic countries; me and Greven have them pretty well covered. :)

Are you sure about this? It seems like it some sort of game rather than a history-site. On the page they say that the african coutry of Songhai was invaded by the Aztecs(!). One can also find a 'historic'-map that shows that The Swedo-Russian Empire own most of scandinavia and Russia in 1666. At the same time 'The Danish Empire' owns Central Europe from The Baltic to the Med....

Status

Presently completed monarch files:

Albania
Aragon
Athens (Duchy of)
Auvergne
Bremen
Aquitaine
Austria
Bourbonnais
Burgundy
Byzantine Empire
Castille
Cyprus
England
France
Geldre
Hainaut
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Magdeburg
Mainz
Mecklenburg
Munster
Novgorod
Oldenburg
Orleans
Pomerania
Ryazan
Scotland
Serbia
Spain
Poland
Trebizond
Turkey
USA

If you want to help out you can sit down and complete the monarch files for the old minors. It will be a while before I get to them. :)

Oh, and then there is the Burgundian conundrum. We need monarchs for Burgundy past Charles the Bold and Marie, but preferably not the rulers of France (House Valois) or the Habsburgs. This is troublesome, because as far as I can determine the French kings were actually closest in line. Ideas?

That is of course an option. Since Charles the Bold died in battle his death was not, um, predetermined. :) I.e. he could have lived to produce an heir. Perhaps we should go with fantasy kings here.

Last edited:
That line began with the younger son of Philip the Bold, and continued right down to the Revolution. In fact, Nivernais was the only major feudal entity to survive all the way to 1789. So Greven and Doomie, I'll email you a list of these rulers to use as a continuation of the Burgundy monarch list...

Perfect!

Status

Well, we desperately needed complete lists for some of the old minors so we now have:

Albania
Aragon
Athens (Duchy of)
Auvergne
Bremen
Brittany
Aquitaine
Austria
Bourbonnais
Burgundy
Byzantine Empire
Castille
Cyprus
England
France
French Protestants
French Ultra-Catholics
Geldre
Hainaut
Lithuania
Lorraine
Luxembourg
Magdeburg
Mainz
Mecklenburg
Munster
Novgorod
Oldenburg
Orleans
Pomerania
Provence (Very short list. :))
Ryazan
Savoy
Scotland
Serbia
Spain
Poland
Timurid Empire
Trebizond
Turkey
USA

I mailed Greven and Gen Suvorov the list for Kashmir and Delhi Sultanate, since it's not on your list, does it mean you don't have it?

The status post only comprises completed monarch files, not raw data. However, I do not have the data you mention, although Demetrios has given me a list of the rulers of Kashmir.

I'll finish the monarch files for Japan if you can provide me with one bit of info. Are you going to use the Shoguns (real power) or the Emperors (formal power) as rulers of Japan?

Tough one. Hmmm. Go with the Shoguns. :)