• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
After a near meltdown and some much appreciated help by quintelosky & the IC dev team, it seems that the mod is once again somewhere near stable and I can now start with compatability checks with the 1.2 patch.

Obviously this has put back the release a bit but for a second there it was looking like no Settling Accounts mod at all!! Hopefully the compat checks/edits wont take long.

Some well deserved thanks to the dev team!

May I request a 33 or 36 start? even without events?

Its more than a question of events, there are techs, OOBs, starting positions, IC distribution and probably a bunch of other things that I cant think of at the moment. It is far too much work Im afraid (that is on top of the months I have spent working on this alone already!). The majority of feedback I got for this mod in earlier versions was that starting in 36 was too early and distorted the gameplay too much.

Mid-39 is more than enough time to build a decent fighting force for any nation in game, many in fact, have quite large forces already.

If you really feel you need another 2 years of prep, just change the EUG file start date to whatever you want.

Should definately be sometime this week true believers!

I will build a shrine in your honor and sacrifice the lesser of Turtledove's works (everything besides Guns of the South and the Settling Accounts part of 191) by fire upon it if the mod is truly out this week.

The mod should be ready for release either later today or sometime tomorrow.

Please keep in mind that I usually play-test my games extensively before I release but Im not doing that this time, so its possible the whole thing could go horribly wrong!

As noted in the read-me that will come with the mod, I only mod on official patches, (ie-1.2 at present). If you have installed a beta-patch the mod may not work. The read-me will also come with notes on installation, design philosophy etc. There is important info here-particularly on installaion-so read it!

OK Boys and Girls, here it is.

The first test run of the Settling Accounts Mod v1.0

As I mentioned before, you are testing this as I do. I dont anticipate any major problems but modding is a fickle creature, so if it does turn out this mod is a complete shambles, be patient and I'll try and fix it.

Read the read-me file. It is important.

Hope you all enjoy, I look forward to constructive feedback.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21798188/Settling+Accounts+mod+v1.0.rar

EDIT: Image pack for units mentioned in the read-me will be uploaded in the next few days.

Last edited:
Doesn't load up at all, apparently is missing all the pictures for CAS.

You will need to be more specific. Report the text of any error messages for example.

Dont see how that can be, is working on my machine.

I'd like to, but the amount of error messages come close to crashing my desktop. All I could manage to read was that the errors said that the game was unable to load things like "British_CAS.bmp." I'll try to get something more exact, and error report seems to suggest that there is no graphics for units or symbols.

I'd like to, but the amount of error messages come close to crashing my desktop. All I could manage to read was that the errors said that the game was unable to load things like "British_CAS.bmp." I'll try to get something more exact, and error report seems to suggest that there is no graphics for units or symbols.

Could be a corrupt download, cant expect the world with a free hosting service.

In the meantime, go to the TL-191/gfx/map location and remove the 'units' folder. If I am interpreting the error messages you mention correctly, it seems where that would be. They are only the sprites for units, and not critical to the mod, so remove the units folder to somewhere else then try and load.

I cant seem to get this to work hmm is this compatible with DB ai mod?

Where can you find error log so I know wats happening I seem to get into game pick CSA but then loading game crashes even after 15 minutes of waiting I go to task manager my JOI seem to be not responding I dont get sound nothing

Oh dear, we dont seem to be doing very well here at all....

I have no information about the AI mod. I would assume that the mod is not compatible. There is no error log.

Can people confirm their checksum for me.

EDIT: MY checksum- Iron Cross Armageddon v1.02 UHQX

Last edited:
EDIT: MY checksum- Iron Cross Armageddon v1.02 UHQX

Remember, the options in iron cross setup change the checksum, you can put the checksum with all options unchecked