• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A question on state nicknames people.

If for example Texas is nicknamed the 'lone star' state, Virginia the 'old dominion' etc, what do you think would be good names for Cuba, Sonora & Chihuaua?

"The pearl" or "the swimming state" for Cuba.

Interesting, whats the reasoning behind those choices?

In fact, if anyone has ideas on nicknames, if you could include why you think this is an apt nickname, that would be helpful. This all may sound trivial at present but there are reasons...

In answer to the start time question, it is a 1939 start. As much as there are interesting events prior to this- the spanish & mexican civil wars, the richmond olympics etc, its just too much time to IC whore before the war kicks off- which is much later in this timeline.

Shame about a 1939 start, I liked having a chance to build up my own custom armed forces, rather than just mustering up what little I can start with. More fun that way.

Ok guys, I think we are finally getting close to a release. I think I can say with confidence sometime this week (probably early) :)

Ive got a bit more tinkering to do and I have to download the latest IC patch and run compatability checks (which if there are any delays will be here most likely). Aside from that we are almost good to go.

Usually I play my mod a few times before a release but this time I will be playing a proper game as you do, so I hope you will all take the time to keep your eyes open and report any issues/errors/suggestions for improvement. Id also like players to keep an eye on the AI and report if any other AI countries are doing anything out of character.

Well, back to work for now.

A screenie from a while back.

Last edited:
Downloaded the 1.2 patch, ran the mod and it lasted a whole in-game week before it crashed. Balls.

I really hope I can figure out what is causing this crash...