Greeting from the future: Europa 5130

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
max cost, since normally you can only horde that many points.

But jesus Spain is a corrupt land.

Not true.

Having corruption or higher tech cost allow you to hold more MP without wasting it.

I actually took some time to investigate why the AI burning so many mana in development of Greenland but here's the plot twist: it didn't:
View attachment 387696
See this little dude cutting wood? That's Lope López de Haro. He's been diligently doing it for thousands of years and improved his nice settlement by one every 20 years or so.
Everyone else in town thinks he's little weird but no one has the heart to tell him that maybe his time would be better used somewhere else...

Or maybe he and his friends Odón and Felipe took a bet on who'll improve his settlement better and none wants to look like a quitter...
View attachment 387697
Shouldn’t the AI switch them around different provinces?

So does thisean that improving land with colonist is equally good on fertile mild land as on frozen hostile greenland?

As interesting as counter-intuitive

There is a minimum chance to improve a province, so if the AI has that floor on all other provinces in the world yes it is equally good.

100 corruption = 50% floor autonomy

What is the AI thinking? It is so puzzling...
Especially since it's hoarding a treasury that's at the money cap lol. And is somehow out of manpower. Jesus Spain, stop being such a miser and spend that money already.

@MatRopert Can you show us screenshots of the other superpower nations? Regarding corruption, rulers and stability.

Ah, a simple little competition between cyborg friends. In this case its clearly a feature, not a bug.

Why is Greenland still icy and cold though? I thought it becomes the new surfing hot spot after 4000 years of global warming. Or are we already into the next ice age?

The day is now January 1st, 5671 and it's Tuesday (I tried to look up what day it is but the calculation app I found had a hard limit at year 3999 so I just decided instead).
Until 5671 its 3653 years with 886 leap years (all years ending on 00 are not leap years except if divisible by 400).

That makes 2767x365 + 886*366 = 1.334.231 days divided by 7 is 190604.42 weeks. A 0.42 week is 3 days and January 1st 2018 was a Monday so its a Thursday.

But since this rule is still not perfect we need to skip a leap day sometime in 2800 years so maybe its a Wednesday...

That was right, wasnt it?^^

Last edited:
We don't, it's just that we don't have that cultural(?) inclination to take a month off in July when there are 11 others in the year when we also can :)

If it happened in a regular game we'd certainly take a look at it, but here we talk about investigating 4000 years of history in a game supposed to stop after 400.

As for the requested religious map mode, there you go:
View attachment 386258

Together with political map for future comparisons:
View attachment 386259

Can we have a list of what governments the various countries have?

So does thisean that improving land with colonist is equally good on fertile mild land as on frozen hostile greenland?

As interesting as counter-intuitive
No it isn't, they had just hit the lowest cap on the percentage.

Why is Greenland still icy and cold though? I thought it becomes the new surfing hot spot after 4000 years of global warming. Or are we already into the next ice age?
That's easy. No real industralization, no internal combustion engine, no cars, planes and the Age of Sail hasn't ended. No (massively excessive) CO2 emissions, no other (meaningful) green house gases -> no global warming.

I did something similar. What bothers me is that the AI culture converts to the nearest accepted culture, instead of its main culture. So I ended up with Austria owning everything from Rhein to Kamchatka, but everything east of Austria proper was hungarian culture.

I did something similar. What bothers me is that the AI culture converts to the nearest accepted culture, instead of its main culture. So I ended up with Austria owning everything from Rhein to Kamchatka, but everything east of Austria proper was hungarian culture.
AUSTRIA-HUNGARY INTENSIFIES

WAD

Its cheaper in bird mana

Its cheaper in bird mana

Yeah, adjacency discount, but it's completely illogical. What empire would boost the spread of a culture other than its own on such a massive scale? Hungarians rebelled a ton even without them populating 90% of Austrian land. I'm not saying it's not working as designed, I'm saying the design is flawed.

No more updates? :(
The game is still running, but the owner of the machine running it is on holiday. Expect a fast-forward of a couple centuries when she comes back.